Thread: Solution 862 PIR 'blips'

Thanks

Default Solution 862 PIR 'blips'

Hi all,
    i've had to reprogram an operational Solution 862 because we didn't have the installer code. I'm pretty much complete, except the two PIRs seem to 'blip' when the rooms are empty and dark (in unarmed state). Every blip equals an alarm trigger once i arm the alarm. There is no real pattern to the PIR blips.
    From my understanding of the two methods to later PIR sensitivity there doesn't seem to be a clear solution. I figure if i change the 'Pulse count' setting, i will definitely get more 'blips' than what i can set overnight which will lead to a trigger. The minimum 'Pulse count time' recommended for PIRs (150ms loop response time) on this system is 20 seconds, which seems too long?
    Have i missed another setting? no hardware has been changed in re-programming. Any advice here would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

When you say the PIR Blips, are you describing the PIR LED flashes?? If so, if you observe the PIR LED triggering when there is no movement in the room, then I would be looking at replacing the PIR/PIR's as the LED / Zone shouldn't trigger like this regardless of the programming. You can try and bypass the relay on the PIR using the EOL bridging N/C and C and leave for a few days to see if the alarm keeps triggering or not, if NOT then definitely all points to the PIR itself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozsec View Post
    When you say the PIR Blips, are you describing the PIR LED flashes?? If so, if you observe the PIR LED triggering when there is no movement in the room, then I would be looking at replacing the PIR/PIR's as the LED / Zone shouldn't trigger like this regardless of the programming. You can try and bypass the relay on the PIR using the EOL bridging N/C and C and leave for a few days to see if the alarm keeps triggering or not, if NOT then definitely all points to the PIR itself.
    Thanks for the input. Will be looking into the PIR now. I think that looking into bypasses when there has been no change to the wiring since resetting the programming is a bit moot. Replacing the PIRs is probably the best solution at the moment.
    Cheers for the advice.
    Huwtre