Thread: Cast to TV

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Default Cast to TV

Friend is a footy fan and with the stuffing around with AFL some of his matches are only available through foxhell. He has a galaxy tab A which has foxhell as part of the contract. For some reason he does not think he is able to cast to his TV. I am out of my depth here, so can someone please advise if, a) it's possible and b) how?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

Howdy

I have a google chrome cast device plugged into a HDMI port on the TV that lets me stream from my android phone YouTube, Kayo, Stan, basically any thing on the phone, it also does the same from some laptops.

Hope this helps

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

We have a couple of Chromecasts and also a Galaxy Tab A ( as well as laptps, I plads and Phones). I connect the tablet regularly to a TV, particularly the one on the back verandah and Play Music Vids From YT, play slide shows on it and downloaded movies. Each TV that has a Chrome cast has an Identity so you can select which one you want to link to.

I have found the setup to be surprisingly annoyance and bullshit free and the functionality to be perfectly reliable.
    I close the cover on my Tablet once the connection is made and the Vids or movies I want to play selected and the thing will literally play all day with virtually no battery drainage to the tablet. If you can see it on the tablet, you can put it on a TV ( or several).

As long as the TV has a HDMI port, the Chrome cast should work fine.

LSemmens
    Thanks

His problem is specifically with foxhell footy, I think. I believe chrome cast with everything else works. I was wondering if foxhell could possibly prevent using chrome cast on specific programs.
    Can someone post step by step instructions as I know NOTHING about chrome chrome cast. I do have a TAB A so can, at least attempt it. Will chromecast work through a telstra TV box? (I have one of those, not him)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Can you chromecast AFL?

What devices are compatible with AFL Live Pass? ... Due to digital licensing rights on AFL content, you can only display live streams on Apple, Android or Windows mobile devices. This means you can't use a device like Google Chromecast to output live streams to your TV or to some other screen.
    Apr 24, 2019

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

tristen (15-07-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

Maybe scrap the POXTELL app and signup for Kayo (Poxtell streaming) it's quite happily streams all sports to the chrome-cast including split screens

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

-IF- as you say he can get it on his tablet, I can't see why it could not be streamed to a TV?

It's not hard to setup. from memory you set it up like a wireless network connection. You stream to that from the tablet and it comes out on the TV. It's just like repeating the tablet screen.
    If you can use a computer and a tablet you can figure it out. I found it refreshingly easy, Far easier than networking control of my DSLR to the Tablet and direct to the printer wirelessly. If I can do it, anyone can.

I have never tried streaming something like football, maybe there is some shitfkery that stops it. If that's their will, fine, I wouldn't watch it at all.

LSemmens
    Thanks

Thanks for a clear answer Hoe. I was hoping that it was more as others have indicated, but , I shall leave it as is. It affects me in no way at all.

LSemmens
    Thanks

Good idea Dave, he has poxhell as part of his device contract, so is not paying for it. He gave up paying their fees a couple of years back.