Thread: Dynamic Mixed Mode

Thanks

Default Dynamic Mixed Mode

I am trying to activate Dynamic Mixed Mode in Mototrbo System. I have Motorola DR3000 repeater, I have more Mototrbo radios DP4800 and more GP300 series and GM series. In fact I tried to configure them by choosing a Dynamic Mixed Mode in the repeater and I configure digital channel and even analog channel on them and when I try to PTT in digital I hear tone as it is busy and on analog I hear voice not clear. Is there anyone can help me in this, please?
    In another way, I heared that they use a DM4400 interfaced with the repeater by pins cable. Which way is the true and how step by step, please?
    Many thanks
    Jam Albi
    Last edited by jmlw33; 14-07-19 at 06:54 AM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

I hope you get more info. for this topic as I want to try this type of channels.

• The Following User Says Thank You to rajo For This Useful Post:

jmlw33 (14-07-19)

Thanks

If hear busy tone in digital device that configured on digital channel this means there is activity on that channel. You could change the frequency of the TX and Rx then do test.
    Also you could select "Always" instead of "Channel Free" from the option of "Admit Criteria"
    Which is in the channel configuration page.
    This will avoid to wait when press PTT in case there is another one doing transmitting.

For the Mixed Mode, you should also configure this option inside your radios (DP4800) from channel configuration and you have to read the supported features from "Device Features" if it is not supported then you could purchase the license feature.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eng.ammar; 14-07-19 at 07:16 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to eng.ammar For This Useful Post:

jmlw33 (15-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eng.ammar View Post
    If hear busy tone in digital device that configured on digital channel this means there is activity on that channel. You could change the frequency of the TX and Rx then do test.
    Also you could select "Always" instead of "Channel Free" from the option of "Admit Criteria"
    Which is in the channel configuration page.
    This will avoid to wait when press PTT in case there is another one doing transmitting.

For the Mixed Mode, you should also configure this option inside your radios (DP4800) from channel configuration and you have to read the supported features from "Device Features" if it is not supported then you could purchase the license feature.

First, thank you for your response.
    In fact, it doesn't say it's busy but hearing contineous tone meaning that there is no path for a response. For changing the frequency, if you mean to change it in the subscriber radio the same as the repeater frequency I did but no way I hear the same tone.
    For selecting ''Always'' I'll try it coz I got what you mean.

For this feature ''Dynamic Mixed Mode'', I think it isn't available in subscriber radio DP4800 but it's available only in the repeater and I have it on it.

Finally there are two steps I did as Dynamic Mixed Mode configuration:

1- In the repeater, I added a Dynamic Mixed Mode channel
    2- In the radios, I configured two channels, one digital and the another analog

Are these steps true? are there any additional configurations I have to add in both channels?
    I really appreciate it to you and anyone can help me.

Best regards
    Jam Albi
    Last edited by jmlw33; 15-07-19 at 03:18 AM.

Thanks

Dear brother
    For this feature "Dynamic mixed mode" the radio should have a license for it. So to ensure your radio has it, please go to :
    zone>> channels >> right click >> a list will pop up contains :
    1#Digital channel
    2#Analog Channel
    3#Dynamic mixed mode
    4#capacity plus
    5#... etc
    So if you see "Dynamic mixed mode" then it's ok and select it, otherwise your radio doesn't have the required license and no means to do two channels (Analog and digital).
    The dynamic mixed mode channel contains information about digital channel such as Color Code, Group ID also Analog channel information about TPL.

Hope this could help and please share your questions here so we could try to help you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to eng.ammar For This Useful Post:

jmlw33 (16-07-19)

Thanks

Dear brother
    For this feature "Dynamic mixed mode" the radio should have a license for it. So to ensure your radio has it, please go to :
    1#Digital channel
    2#Analog Channel
    3#Dynamic mixed mode
    4#capacity plus
    5#... etc
    So if you see "Dynamic mixed mode" then it's ok and select it, otherwise your radio doesn't have the required license and no means to do two channels (Analog and digital).
    The dynamic mixed mode channel contains information about digital channel such as Color Code, Group ID also Analog channel information about TPL.

Hope this could help and please share your questions here so we could try to help you.

Many thanks dear brother for this valuable response
    First, I did what you said and went to that list and didn't find ''Dynamic Mixed Mode'' icon. Although I have FW version R02.09. in the radio, I don't find it in channel adding and also don't find it in feature sets even as available for purchase.

So in which FW version is it available? and whether it can be added from Mototrbo CPS for features even it isn't available for purchase?

The second matter, all this is for Mototrbo radios that are of both digital and analog systems. But I want to activate those radios of only analog system with the fleet of Mototrbo radios. Can I do this?

Finally. your hope is in its place or will be.

Accept my regards
    Jam Albi

Thanks

Dear brother
    1#Digital channel
    2#Analog Channel
    3#Dynamic mixed mode
    4#capacity plus
    5#... etc

Are you sure that Trbo radio has this option? For repeater normally yes as well. But there is no connection between analog and digital channel in DMM mode in radio. Radio only see channel as digital or analog. Only connection for radio in DMM mode between is that must have same frequency, all other items is like ordinary programmed channel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musan View Post
    Are you sure that Trbo radio has this option? For repeater normally yes as well. But there is no connection between analog and digital channel in DMM mode in radio. Radio only see channel as digital or analog. Only connection for radio in DMM mode between is that must have same frequency, all other items is like ordinary programmed channel

Welcome dear brother
    What do you mean by same frequency?
    Do you mean that the radio channels' frequencies RX and Tx have to be the same as the repeater Rx and TX and not the opposite?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmlw33 View Post
    Welcome dear brother
    What do you mean by same frequency?
    Do you mean that the radio channels' frequencies RX and Tx have to be the same as the repeater Rx and TX and not the opposite?
    In DMM mode repeater must be programmed in same frequency RX same in analog and digital mode ; TX same in analog and digital mode. DMM works only in one way, if you PTT with analog radio repeater recieve your frequency and start his TX to others who has analog radio programmed to recieve it(repeater and radios must have PL or DPL in both RX and TX) If you PTT Trbo radio during analog conversation your radio will be rejected(no matter which timeslot) until the end of analog conversation.
    Same thing is when digital radio works analog will be reject.
    I think the reason of same frequency for DMM mode (analog and digital) is in duplexer. Duplexer can work on right way only on one RX and one TX frequency.

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L21 using Tapatalk

• The Following User Says Thank You to musan For This Useful Post:

jmlw33 (19-07-19)

Thanks

Hi all

I really want to add an attachment file including configurations of DMM repeater and of radios in both digital and analog to see your opinion about them but there is no file attachment icon. why?

Thanks

Dears ..
    I agree that for radio side the configuration would use the same TX and the same Rx for both digital and analog radios which it opposite to the TX and Rx of the repeater side.
    One thing for radios, when program TX and Rx then you should use /choose PL/TPL option which is not exist in digital channel configuration for the digital radios.
    In digital radios, there are options similar to PL which are :
    Color Code, ID Group name and receiving list name.
    If you do not know about those options then you should read help about how to configure digital channel.