Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Social media - work has asked me to remove posts and to not engage again!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Without going into detail how trivial this all sounds...
    Instead of mentioning how disappointing JAX Tyres are, which is easily confirmed with 10 seconds on Product Review

I think its time you published the business you work for Leroy so we can avoid using them
    Because that is all i've learned out of this....
    They could have handled this like men and just called you and asked you if you mind removing some comments because their company logo is involved etc etc

But instead, you're the bad guy?

FFS, you only have to read JAX Tryes reviews to see that half their customers give them 1 Star out of a possible 5, and that was only because they couldn't select a lower score.

Not sure why anyone would even use JAX when there are much better and potentially cheaper solutions
    While on the subject, what is it with "some" Tyre places anyway, pick up your car with huge greasy hand prints on the steering wheel, door, door frame... What is wrong with some of these knuckle heads, has no one ever shown them how to work professionally?
    I was pissed off, but it was just my work van.... Imagine if it was a $120k vehicle or someones pride and joy muscle car.

Yet on a the flip side, i've had exemplary service from Bob Jane in Geelong.
    Each time id go in the manager would offer me the shops V8 Falcon ute for free to drive around town in case i had things i needed to do
    Another time when i was caught out at a Road Worthy with the wrong tyres on a commercial vehicle, one phone call to him and he said hang on *goes for a look out the back*
    Have a set of your rims and commercial tyres here, come in and we will put them on for you, then go get ya RWC and bring them back and we'll put your wheels back on.
    They did this for NO CHARGE!!! I was amazed and i hardly spend much money there.....

Then there is JAX
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-08-19 at 06:58 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

irritant (26-08-19),Keith (26-08-19),LeroyPatrol (27-08-19),lsemmens (27-08-19),VroomVroom (26-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

JAX sound like a bunch of idiots. if one store got a bad review you would think thats fine its only one. But when there are multiple stores across multiple states are getting bad reviews then something is amiss.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

irritant (26-08-19),ol' boy (26-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    JAX sound like a bunch of idiots. if one store got a bad review you would think thats fine its only one. But when there are multiple stores across multiple states are getting bad reviews then something is amiss.
    Yeah, the tyre game has had a big shake up recently with Tyresales and Tyroola.
    I'm not saying these online portals aren't also without fault, but at least you can pick what ever shop you'd like to fit them.

It astounds me that there could be any complaints from business like this, its not like the modus operandi is that hard.
    Take black round things off wheels and put new black round thing on wheels. Inflate and refit to vehicle.

In this case, seems perceived customer expectation did not match business customer relations
    I guess it all depends what mood we are in at the time as to how that is resolved or escalated

Still, how hard is it to get 4 tires not leaking and at the same pressure.

Obviously times have changed with Social Media and P.C.
    I remember when it was a very admirable quality to defend your employers business
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-08-19 at 09:40 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

irritant (26-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    . Then there is JAX
    Well, normally for people to voice their opinion, they have to be mighty pissed off. Pretty much all the same type of complaint. I have been a Jax customer in the past, but not now. Thanks ol'boy for posting.
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (02-09-19),irritant (26-08-19),LeroyPatrol (27-08-19),ol' boy (26-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

As I understand it, the majority of these jax stores are franchises. For so many to get bad reviews to me says a lot about the culture of the brand over all.
    The responses from company mouth pieces that say as much as this was a one off, you should have spoken to the manager there, here is his number, we always want to help out customers and general veiled patronisation is often more annoying than the problem was in itself. The inference the problem was a an usual one off when there are 50 other similar complaints and responses above and below that one is just more incredulous.

I hate going anywhere for Tyres not that I have to much but everywhere I have been is usually a dirty shit hole even if they have tried to make the waiting area comfortable, 10 years ago, and gives the impression you are dealing with a business that employs bottom of the barrel workers that have no idea of what the word professionalism means or could even pronounce it.
    Often the sales staff are passive aggressive and either give the impression they are going to stand over you to get as much as they can or are ex used car salesmen that are going sales talk you into getting you to spend as much as they can.

Seems to me a place with a Properly clean and comfortable waiting area, a workshop where everything didn't appear as black as the tyres and workers that were wearing some sort of a Uniform, had shaved in the last week, had a haircut in the last 6 Months and had an IQ above 50 would do well pretty much anywhere. They could charge a bit more because people would pay to go somewhere they weren't scared to go and offered a level of service standard in any other retail business.

There is a local goodyear here I went to with my Daughter for a wheel alignment ( classic case, did not want to go on her own but never asks me to go anywhere else with her) which put on a good effort with a very clean waiting area and even free wifi, but there is still the Filthy workshop they ask you to take your car round to and the Chaotic parking. The counter guys looked very neat and professional but then you have the fitters that looked like they just came from their other job of being dragged by the ankles through sewer pipes to clean blockages coming in and out. These are the same guys that come behind the counter to get keys, have a grumble and bitch about something about the vehicle or the paperwork and get in your car and manage to drive things into the workshop at what ever speed the vehicle is capable of reaching looking like they don't give a shit what happens to it. I guess you are not going to get a lot of Lawers and Doctors Lining up for these Jobs but surely having a company standard of personal appearance and some basic training in the importance of Customer relations could not be that difficult.

I'd suggest rather than have a big glass window so customers can see what is going on in the workshop, they would be better to keep the whole thing and the workers well out of sight!
    Employ one other decent looking bloke or better still girl, just to take the cars in and out and liaise between the counter staff and the work shop and the improvement in Customer comfort levels would pay their wages 10X over in increased Business.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (26-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Well, normally for people to voice their opinion, they have to be mighty pissed off.
    I have no problem making a scene if necessary and calling people out on bad service. I'm far from pedantic which means if you piss me off you had to really be taking a liberty.
    By the same token, I always go out of my way even further to point out good service. It's often quite funny in a sad way to see peoples reaction when you ask for the manager. You can instantly see the " Oh god, what did I do wrong" look on their faces and most will ask if something is wrong. Just as funny in a good way is how embarrassed and often surprised they look when you tell their boss what a great job they are doing and how they are an asset to their business. I have had a few bosses seem to brush the compliments off a bit so I then really tell them they need to look after and keep these people happy because they are making them look good to their superiors and they need to be recognised for their efforts.

A few times I have asked to see managers and given them a reaming over how they talk to and treat their staff that are doing a fine job but are getting their balls busted by the incompetent manager just the same. The fact the customer can even see this shows the managers are incompetent in their job. One guy in a restaurant arced up and told me not to tell him how to run his business when I gave him some stick about how he was treating the waitress on our table who was brilliant. I told him I didn't care how he ran his business but I did care how he disrespected other people in front of me and if he thought he was a big man and a hero, don't pick on the waitress, come outside and try and say the same attitude and speak to me the way he did to her to me and lets see how that goes down. I don't think that had nearly as much value as my mates pint size Mrs coming up and telling him i'd have to wait till she was finished with him and to come out to the carpark now. He really was a rude, insulting prick that spoiled the night. Waitress scored a big tip and was told that was for her and her only.

I came home and wrote a very pissed off email to the restaurant owner and the franchise company and later the next after noon got a call back the guy had been terminated. Apparently I wasn't the first to complain about him which was no surprise. Re affirmed my praise for the waitress and said they needed to look after her and keep her on board because she was as big an assert to the business as the other clown was a liability. The owner invited my friends and I back the next weekend for a special meal on the house and it certainly was a great experience.

A number of times I have given people my cards and told them in front of their Bosses that if they ever decide they no longer want to work there, Give me a call and either I or one of my friends will find a position for them in their Businesses. We have done this a few times now and without fail, they have been great staff.

I think it is very important to take the time to praise and point out good service because these days outstanding service is so rare. Everyone takes the time to bitch but the people doing it right IMHO don't get recognised enough for the good work they do. Besides, I like seeing the looks on their faces when this big ugly fker they think is going to make trouble is telling their bosses what a great job they are doing and thanking them for their great help. You can see by the reactions it's something new and unfamiliar.

I went to stratco a while back to get an idea of some new awnings/verandah for the house. The guy that served me was an Islander of some sort but talk about going the extra mile! Nothing he didn't know, nothing he couldn't do for me, made brilliant suggestions, drew up plans and costings and generally gave a level of service I could not have come near myself. He was serving me and excusing himself to serve other people that came up to the counter to buy stuff explaining they were short staffed and generally doing the work of 3 people brilliantly. Guy didn't try to sell me a thing in fact he showed me several things that would save me money that I could then put elsewhere for a better result for no to little more money.

I came home and wrote an email to the store manager praising the guy and told him what a legend the guy was. He passed it onto their head office. Few days later I get an email from the MD thanking me for my email and bringing the employee to their attention. Only thing I could think of was geez, how can you not be aware of this guy already? Shortly after that I get an email from the guy thanking me for what I said but saying he was just doing his job. No mate, you were killing it in every way possible.
    I couldn't get my new verandah anywhere else now. They certainly arent the cheapest but just on personal principal alone it would not be right to go anywhere else after being treated that well and I know if there was any problem, they would bust a gut to make it right.

That to me alone is worth any extra just in peace of mind.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

carjackma (26-08-19),irritant (26-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    ...Then there is JAX
    Just love the generic, corporate PR BS response from the representative "Anna" each time.
    Last edited by irritant; 26-08-19 at 07:40 PM.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

george65 (26-08-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

I don't pretend to know what the actual evidence was, but hysteria and a few unsubstantiated opinions can cause ANYTHING to happen regardless of the truth.

Lindy Chamberlain springs to mind.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (27-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I don't pretend to know what the actual evidence was, but hysteria and a few unsubstantiated opinions can cause ANYTHING to happen regardless of the truth.

Lindy Chamberlain springs to mind.
    Possibly wrong thread enf?
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

• 30-08-19, 10:11 PM

• 30-08-19, 10:14 PM

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Just reading the out come of this.

People should also note that what they post here is exactly the same as social media. Obviously running a forum, I have made my share of enemy's over the years and have had few incidents where people have reported my comments to others.

As an example, I made comments about Metricon Homes after I built my current home with them in 2006/2007. I told it how it was, as simple as that. So of course one of my fans contacted Metricon Homes and advised them I was making negative comments about them. Metricon then contacted me, demanding I remove the comments or face legal action under Australian law. I asked them which Australian law, as the comments made were in fact made on a site that resides in the United States. That gave them some mental confusion as what to do next, then they said they will get a US lawyer to contact me demanding I take them down. I am still waiting to hear from them

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

irritant (04-09-19),LeroyPatrol (09-09-19),mello yello (10-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Metricon then contacted me, demanding I remove the comments or face legal action under Australian law.
    This one sided biased sunshine and rainbows only Commenting shits me to tears.
    Blow sunshine up their arses and it's all good and well to make as many comments as you like even if they are patently untrue.
    Say anything they don't want to hear no matter how factual and you are a hater or negative or on a lot of Forums and SM, aren't allowed to say things like that.
    The soft cock pussy attitude of not wanting to hurt peoples feelings or make endless BS excuses to protect the guilty makes me see red.

Trying to bully people like that to me is worse than whatever they did in the first place because to me it is lying by trying to force omission or cover up.
    It just seem low, sneaky, dishonest and corrupt as all get out to do that.

Mistakes are one thing, lies and stand over tactics are something quite different.

In my frequent experience, The minute someone starts talking Lawyers in this country at least is the Minute you know they are talking complete and utter Shit.
    I have tried to take action against those that have genuinely done my wrong and it's a whole load different to what people make out in that you front up to a lawyer and a Payout is guaranteed. Most here are going to want $5k Minimum up front to do anything more than write demanding letter.

I think it's case of watching too much US TV and pure ignorance that gives people a laughable sense of what is required to actually sue someone.

Writing things on a forum that can be substantiated as true..... Yeah, real good luck with that one!
    Last edited by george65; 02-09-19 at 05:50 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (03-09-19),irritant (02-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I had my first anger management session with councillor today. I haven't laughed so much in a while. Quick run down....after asking about me, my family, my job and then what happened....she took off her professional hat and put her personal hat on and said she had a bad customer service experience with the same store manager at Jax in Albury lol. I almost fell off my chair. She said I don't have an anger issue but a frustrated customer service issue like many would have in my position. We spoke how he tries to deflect the blame back on you, doesn't apologise, is rude etc lol. I feel so vindicated and at the same time disappointed my employer took the side of Jax. She said a person wouldn't be able to work in my field with anger issues. I'll have another 5 sessions of coffee and chocolates now lol.

edit. The main notes she said she had were about the huge impact my behaviour had on the staff there. The only person there was the store manager when I let it rip. The guy in the workshop prob wouldn't have heard much
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 13-09-19 at 08:39 PM.

• The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (21-09-19),hinekadon (13-09-19),lsemmens (14-09-19),mtv (13-09-19),ol' boy (13-09-19),shred (14-09-19),Tiny (14-09-19),VroomVroom (16-09-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

So at what point is provocation taken into account???

What a joke this modern Australia has become........
    Wishing you well on your road to rehabilitation Leroy
    Last edited by ol' boy; 13-09-19 at 09:13 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (14-09-19),shred (14-09-19)

Thanks

I don't think it will lol. I think because of my frank customer service feedback on FB with no reference to who I work for, the 'big' boss freaked and didn't think through what happened.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    ?.....The guy in the workshop prob wouldn't have heard much
    More likely out there egging you on....
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (14-09-19),LeroyPatrol (14-09-19),Reschs (13-09-19)

Thanks

I had another session with the councillor. She asked me last week to forward all the emails, FB and messenger posts. She couldn't believe how one sided the responses were by my employer. All the support for them and non for me. She asked if I had a meeting with my employer, was I asked how I felt or how the situation effected me etc. No I said. She said obviously my employer was happy for me to drive around in an unsafe vehicle as they didn't ask how it was! And was surprised I didn't have the backing of them seeing I had their interests at heart looking after their vehicle!! Only got the wheel back from the repairer last week!!

As for the FB post, farcical! light, frank honest personal feedback with no mention of employer etc. She couldn't see the fuss.

4 more coffee's and chocolates. We're going to run out of things to talk about I think!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

Tiny (21-09-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post

4 more coffee's and chocolates. We're going to run out of things to talk about I think!!
    Maybe you need to get this in writing, the fact that you are there for no reason as far as she can see.
    Might be a very handy bit of paper to have

Is she good looking at least?
    If she is into chocolates, maybe you can offer her half a bar
    Last edited by ol' boy; 20-09-19 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks

There will be a report.

Older chick, You cheeky ol'boy lol

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (21-09-19),ol' boy (20-09-19)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Leroy,
    Damn good thing you got yourself rehabilitated.
    you can change your name to Rehab now.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (21-09-19)

Thanks

I'm not there yet and could relapse at any moment

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast