Thread: Keyboard / Mouse Intermittent Fault

Thanks

Default Keyboard / Mouse Intermittent Fault

I have found a problem with the Device Manager " Other Devices" 690LC that may be part or all of the problem with my keyboard and mouse intermittent performance. I also read in one thread that this driver does have some bearing on the USB's and it is when I insert a storage USB that the problem with the keyboard and mouse becomes really bad, however most of the time things work fine. I have deleted the driver from Device Manager and rebooted, but it keeps coming up with a yellow ! triangle. I have read quite a few threads on several forums and am having difficulty finding where to find and how to install a new 690LC driver . Any suggestions appreciated. Brian DJ

Look Here ->
    Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

When I search "690LC driver" I get something with Kraken X61 CPU cooler that needs the right driver.

A quick search in DuckDuckGo and I found in 10 seconds that you need the
    Antec CC USB driver.
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/nzxt-kraken-x61-cpu-cooler-driver-problems.2115433/
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 29-07-19 at 10:38 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

tristen (30-07-19)

Thanks

Thanks Nomeat for your assistance, I will follow it up. Brian DJ

Thanks

Within the last hour I ran the web address: , as stated in the Overclock thread and have fixed my 690LC problem in the Device Manager, so all now looks good there, BUT sadly my erratic mouse is still haunting me when I insert a USB stick or external HDD. Anyway, my belief that the 609LC fault would fix my mouse problem has not evaporated. The other thing that puzzles me is that I can attach the Iphone and camera card via a USB cable and no problems, it is just when I attach a storage USB Stick or external HDD that I get the mouse freeze or jerky motion. Thanks again for your interest in this thread. Brian DJ

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Can you post some specs of your machine and OS? This might give us some clues as to potential solution.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

I hope I am not talking too soon, BUT I think it is fixed. I am not sure what caused the fix, but I noticed it after I did a “Drive Booster” update this morning.

A week or more ago I downloaded “Drive Booster” and for no cost I could download 2 device updates a day, which I have done and nothing seemed to be working, but this morning I did my allotted 2 updates and WOW I think it is fixed. I am not sure what drivers updated this morning, but there are still a fair few System Devices still left to update. Brian DJ

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Glad to hear you sorted it out

Just want you to know you are not alone with these USB issues.

I have a 256GB USB stick that makes my mouse sticky on my MacBook Pro and the same stick in the MacMini which has 5 separate USB ports(should be separate hardware busses) locks up external drives that are also connected. They read and write terribly slow while the stick is connected.
    Same stick on a Linux machine with 2x 4TB external HDD connected and everything is lightning fast.

Tried a different external mouse on the MacBook with the USB stick and all is fine.

I have learnt to live with it.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...