Thread: .....and to finish off a crap week

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Default .....and to finish off a crap week

a 3 demerit $330 speeding fine. Where I was pulled over I could see the 100kmh sign. Where I pulled onto the Whitfield road, in relation to the Greta or Bright Rd’s you’d be in an 80kmh zone before the 100 and as I stated to the officer I wasn’t sure what I was in but thought it was an 80 zone. 72 in a 60 zone was the detected speed. The officer said he could only knock 2kph off my detected speed so brought it back to 70kph but still the same fine regardless. Why not drop 3kph so I get the lesser fine and 1 point? Surely police can use their discretion when issuing fines? When I asked the young officer this he could not answer.
    I don't get paid by the job so there is no incentive to speed!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,969 Times in 1,289 Posts

You must have run over a china-man recently to get this much bad luck.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

enf (27-07-19),LeroyPatrol (27-07-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Buy a lotto for tonight Leroy.

Thanks

I was going to but the queue was long. I have a ticket to check. In the end I thought nah it's not my week lol

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mkhannah View Post
    Buy a lotto for tonight Leroy.
    Good idea. With your luck, I'll win the big one and I haven't even bought a ticket...... Sorry leroy, just trying to brighten you up. Fines must of went up. I got done last year for 18 over and the fine was $275, that was in NSW. I think it's uniform across Aussie.
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

• The Following User Says Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (27-07-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    a 3 demerit $330 speeding fine. Where I was pulled over I could see the 100kmh sign. Where I pulled onto the Whitfield road, in relation to the Greta or Bright Rd’s you’d be in an 80kmh zone before the 100 and as I stated to the officer I wasn’t sure what I was in but thought it was an 80 zone. 72 in a 60 zone was the detected speed. The officer said he could only knock 2kph off my detected speed so brought it back to 70kph but still the same fine regardless. Why not drop 3kph so I get the lesser fine and 1 point? Surely police can use their discretion when issuing fines? When I asked the young officer this he could not answer.
    I don't get paid by the job so there is no incentive to speed!
    After seeing people getting booked here and there and had a issue of me getting stuck across a blocked intersection where I got a ticket when I was standing still behind a car and was booked for going through a red light (eventually got out of it) I got 2 for two cars that I drive of the Best Garmin Sat Navs Smart Drive 61 and added all the red light/fixed speed Camera's (Find a australia wide hacked version to update). I set it to chime if I go over the speed limit by 1 kmph I even added my own POI that help me not to get booked + I shorted all the Speed and redlight warning by 100M because I have a bad short Memory and forget after the warning goes off. Even since I had these two devices I have been saved at least 5 times, worth the money because after you get booked once ($500)you can pay for at least 2 of them. By the way research the version you get. If you find a area has changed the Speed just report it and after a few report it it will be updated in the next update. I get a average of 2 updates a months and all you have to do is drive you car in your garage, the UPDATE light lights up and it update via your wi fi.

Also I got all the 40kph warning for schools during school time (2.00PM to 4.00PM) I use POI Loader and other programs to load all the hacked versions. Never had a issue with my normal updates considering I have plenty of hack in both sat navs "eg" all the redlight, fixed speed, fixed speed and redlight a 40k Schools warnings
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 28-07-19 at 10:04 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (28-07-19),LeroyPatrol (28-07-19)

Thanks

for some reason I don't have a dedicated GPS. Everyone else seems to. I use a stupid Iphone and ironically the previous job was showing it was in the middle of a paddock and I had to park the van and walk. I jumped on my android phone and it got me to the correct place.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Google is really impressive for GPS. During the Commonwealth Games up here it had all the road closures and traffic and directed around them. A dedicated GPS had no such features.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Google is really impressive for GPS. During the Commonwealth Games up here it had all the road closures and traffic and directed around them. A dedicated GPS had no such features.
    Is there such a thing as a google gps other than using a phone?
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Driving from Brisbane to Sydney there is plenty of Speed/Red light cameras and our Garmin 61 pick the Lot of them. See Before we left we knew the roads we are going to use to get to Penrith (West Sydney) from Brisbane so I printed out a sheet and gave it to my Daughter on the back seat so we can rattle them off and tick them ,,, yeah they are there. I only found two mistakes and they were schools. I manually added them in when I got home POI Loader also EXTRA PIO loader. Now this is good for a Stroke ridden man like me as,,, 1/ I forget the SPEED on the road, The Gamin tell me the Speed limit. 2/ If I'm warned about a location of a Speed/Red Light Camera It warns you about 200m away and by the time I get to 50 M away My Stroke ridden brain forgets the Camera so with EXTRA POI Loader I can introduce POI's within a POI so the origin one goes off at 200m and mu one goes off where ever it make it ,,,say 50m.

The Old 1993 VR Commodore

The New 2016 VF Commodore. YES THE MYLINK ORIGINAL SAT NAV IS USELESS and Holden Charge you $200 to update for a map that is 2 years old. It has Schools and Speed Cameras location but they are STALE!!!! The Garmin on TOP of the Original Mylink, the Original Sat nav of the car gets update at least twice a month and the VF 2016 update are from 2015. Our new Speed cameras are not there but the Garmin got undated via a Map update weeks later.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 30-07-19 at 10:51 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (30-07-19),william10 (30-07-19)

Thanks

By the way the Garmin Sat nav tell you your speed by using the Satellites and is 99.98% accurate compare to the car speedos

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Is there such a thing as a google gps other than using a phone?
    Not that I know of. I've dumped the dedicated GPS and just use my phone now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

@Mr 672A

Two comments on your 2016 VF Commodore photo:

1. Those in-dash displays are absolutely useless, and downright dangerous.
    I have something very similar in my 2017 Hiace camper….and by the time you’ve finished looking across at the screen you’ve probably run up someones #rse.
    I have a similar arrangement to the Commodore with my Garmin Drive 60, only mine's a little closer to the driver….much better than that in-dash rubbish.
    And like your Commodore unit, Toyota use a third-party provider and you have to pay for updates.
    Frankly, I don’t know why they bother.

2. I see there is also a HUD fitted – your photo demonstrates just how convenient and safe these little units are – the driver can keep his eyes straight ahead on the road, and be aware of his speed in real time without having to glance down at the speedo. I’ve just posted about this on Leroys GPS thread.

The Commodore in your photo looks well set up.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Three trips to Sydney and back this week and an ample demonstration of how useless the 2017 vf redline satnav is. My Tomtom is way better.

And TD, yes, the huds are excellent. All sorts of information can be displayed.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (30-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    @Mr 672A

2. I see there is also a HUD fitted – your photo demonstrates just how convenient and safe these little units are – the driver can keep his eyes straight ahead on the road, and be aware of his speed in real time without having to glance down at the speedo. I’ve just posted about this on Leroys GPS thread.

The Commodore in your photo looks well set up.
    GOOD!

I will post more photos to show how I fitted a After Marker HUD to a VF commodore using the original purchase Holden gear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Three trips to Sydney and back this week and an ample demonstration of how useless the 2017 vf redline satnav is. My Tomtom is way better.

And TD, yes, the huds are excellent. All sorts of information can be displayed.
    Yes Holden SAT Nav is TOTALLY 100% Useless and are stale. I have the LATEST updates and its 3 years old and the house estate behind us is not in My link and the Estate there has been there for 4 years!!