Thread: SmartWi not working properly

Thanks

Default SmartWi not working properly

Hey folks Im about to pull my hair out, what little there is to start with. Having problems with my sat recievers and the smartwi system

First my system

Perth Western Australia

Bedroom Humax 5410z Lnb powered off
    Front room Strong 4653x Lnb powered off
    Main room Strong 4658x Lnb powered on

All wired up to a splitter in the roof

Motec unit

Dish 90cm

Universal LNB

Now I can recieve all Ku band satellites no problems, I can use all recievers at obe time provided they are on non pay tv channels. Example I can watch pas 8 and watch orange tv on one, bethel tv on another and something different on the other. All work just fine no crashes.

Now I purchased a smartwi to allow all recievers to be able to watch my pay tv, unfortunatley after about 10 minutes all recievers lock up and come up with scarmbled channel, sometimes it can be good for almost 30 minutes other times as little as 5 minutes before it all locks up. To get the system working again I have to turn of all sat recievers and then just turn on the master unit only. Ive posted on the smartwi forum for help but getting no answers. Really not impressed so far, Ive also updated the smartwi to the latest firmware and still have the same problems.

For info if any of the recievers are on by themselves, its specific client card works perfect, but the moment you power a second reciever up and watch a pay channel you can start a clock and start counting down to complete system lock up again

Anyone please

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Card type??
    Provider??
    Sounds like anti card share countermeasures.

Thanks

When you say "They lock Up" do you mean that all receivers are frozen and you can not change chs etc and you need a reboot or you get a scrambled service message on all boxes but you can still change services..

If it is the later and you get scrambled service message, try using a single client on one box only and see if you are getting a scrambled service after 10 minutes. if not then start adding clients until it fails?

If it fails with the first client then we have updating issues.

I know this is probebly not relevant, BUT make sure you have the latest firmeware in the Strong, I think July o8.

I am running 3 clients with a Smartwi and a v5 card with No lock up, The only difference is that I have a Quad LNBF.

Thanks

Thanks for the replys guys,

One client card on any receiver works perfect. When you put another client card in another reciever and power it on so you have two recievers working, usually in about 10 minutes I get the scrambled service signal sometimes its gone as long as 40 odd minutes before both receievers pop up scrambled service signal. The recievers can still be channel changed to free to air stuff and recieve them perfectly but they are both then locked out of scrambled channels. To get the scrambled channels working again I have to turn the units of and just power on one until it updates and comes good again.

I actually contacted them about the splitting of the signal between tvs and the sales person said he had no idea how to do it, he recommended I buy an additional subscription, note with no discount. I bought one of those av extenders but you have to be watching the same picture on both tvs and then I bought the splitter, really starting to get frustrated with it all.
    Last edited by simso; 01-10-08 at 01:47 AM. Reason: to be edited

Thanks

anti share measre on elipson card...

Thanks

I got a great suggestion...

Put them all on the same channel.

I bet you a six pack that it will work perfectly....all day...

Thanks

Ill give it a go

Thanks

Epsilon V5 card wont with with C/S or splitters. Probably need a select whitey 5.3 it they exist lol ...

Maybe the answer is twin phoenix readers with twin select cards off a linux box cron jobs to kill 1 CCcam on 1 com port ever 10 min and restart it a few seconds 10 min later a cron job kills the other CCcam on com2 each CCcam is a client and slave to each other with F: and C line. Good in theory wonder is it would work.
    DM500s Black with rear on/off switch $99 inc post , DM800 sim 82 $250 inc post, DM800SE $310 inc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gado View Post
    Epsilon V5 card wont with with C/S or splitters. .
    Works fine if each reader shares one channel, it's all done with the sids in newcs.

Probably need a select whitey 5.3 it they exist lol ... .
    Nah....they don't exist, truly,truly.

Maybe the answer is twin phoenix readers with twin select cards off a linux box cron jobs to kill 1 CCcam on 1 com port ever 10 min and restart it a few seconds 10 min later a cron job kills the other CCcam on com2 each CCcam is a client and slave to each other with F: and C line. Good in theory wonder is it would work.
    Dream on...it will not work.
    Look up the word heuristic.

Thanks

Well all three recievers on and all 3 to the same channel and no failure on the client cards, change channel on one of the recievers and 6 minutes later all services scarmbled on all recievers

Thanks

gee you wouldnt think z80 would be right would you
    IF IT DONT WORK USE A BIGGER HAMMER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simso View Post
    Well all three recievers on and all 3 to the same channel and no failure on the client cards, change channel on one of the recievers and 6 minutes later all services scarmbled on all recievers

You can get it down to 22 seconds when you really push the learning ability of the card...

BTW...easiest 6 pack (delivered by express post please) that I ever bet...

Thanks

Are all the channels you watch as you say on Pas8 all one polarity.Then why would you not have a multi switch instead of splitter as the splitter will only allow the polarity the receiver which you have the lnb powered on through(Strong 4658).That would explain losing card provision numbers every so many minutes.Smartwi's have to have all receivers lnb's powered on when switching between providers polarities.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandman291au View Post
    Are all the channels you watch as you say on Pas8 all one polarity.Then why would you not have a multi switch instead of splitter as the splitter will only allow the polarity the receiver which you have the lnb powered on through(Strong 4658).That would explain losing card provision numbers every so many minutes.Smartwi's have to have all receivers lnb's powered on when switching between providers polarities.
    From memory they are all on the one polarity.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 01-10-08 at 01:49 PM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Yeh there all the same polarity, if I was say watching something on optus satellites then I would need to run a multi lnb, but pas8 uses all the same polarity so no issues there at all. To prove it you can on the main unit watch free to air and then on one reciever unit watch any pay channel for hours without failure even though the other reciever isnt powering the lnb.

End story is its satellite anti-pirate software in work detecting that the one card is trying to do multi channel updates, and obviuosly when it detects it it locks the card out, well thats all I can work it out to be. Spewing

Thanks

Hi guys..

Long shot... does anyone know of a similar setup to the Smartwi card splitter that allows the client or dummy cards to connect to an oscam or newcamd server ?.
    Reason I ask is. The missis likes using our providers box - so would be ideal if I could run my oscam server and share to my other Enigma boxes aswell as to the provider box via a majic type module card... similar to what the smartwi clients are...

Would be interested to hear anyones thoughts