Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HoHum Another Day In The Land Of The Free

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    The idea might be to start training more people to do the job.
    The problem didn't happen over night and neither will some sort of remedy. Working out WHY this is happening in the first place will be the real key to rectifying the problem and a lot more as side benefits I'd say.
    Pretty simple IMHO, lying sensationalizing MSM + parasitic politicians along with social media brain deadening

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (07-08-19),george65 (06-08-19),Jma (06-08-19)

Thanks

a bit of perspective is also useful.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeprommemory View Post
    Not really... only two categories relate to murder and only one relates to mass murder, mostly at a single location.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Got to say, I find the first one on that list by far the lost Disturbing.
    Then again, I'm not really surprised. I took care of my grandmother for many years and also later nursed my Father in law through cancer. I learned pretty early on about mistakes and what could only amount to lack of common sense. I have been given Medications Myself that knocked the crap out of me and was later told I should have never been given.
    I have no trouble questioning doctors and doubting their decisions. Too many times as a complete Dillatante I have found errors and far less than ideal decisions made by medicos which is a hell of a worry in itself.

Car accidents and sickness you can't help, gun deaths should never happen but the fact they loose so many to medical blunders and they haven't got that figure a lot lower says a lot about their chances of reducing mass shootings in the forseeable future.
    Maybe I'm missing it but I don't seem to be coming across the usual level of hysteria about banning guns etc as I have in the past. Maybe they are just getting used to it and even the bed wetters are waking up to the fact that it's not something that's going to change in their society no matter what they do for a very long time if ever.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

I'm sorry, but this is just a product of a world that has gone PC-mad.

What did they think was going to happen? What, they've been playing their real-life games, and now the results are becoming a little too real?

What else can the world expect? People are not even allowed to speak their mind or say anything anymore without being accused of racism, homophobism, sexism, and whatever other -ism they can think up. People are getting jail time FFS, just because he/she used "a naughty word" or just looked at someone in a way they didn't like.

As long as you keep telling people to shut up all the time, keep taking their money, keep ignoring their side of the story, keep bullying them and making them feel powerless in every facet of their life, they are eventually going to find another way of expressing themselves and react (violently I might add), out of frustration.

Everyone is different, and can tolerate things to a different level, and some people have just had enough, so they crack/snap. It's not rocket-science.

There's an old saying that says you reap what you sow. This ridiculous world we live in today was purposely created, and now the consequences are coming to pass.

You've taught people it's wrong to think and to feel how they choose. So now they don't anymore, especially when it comes to compassion and empathy for others.

It's called cause and effect.
    Last edited by irritant; 07-08-19 at 12:20 AM.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (07-08-19),enf (07-08-19),hinekadon (07-08-19),Jma (07-08-19),kclar (07-08-19),Tiny (07-08-19)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeprommemory View Post
    yes it is.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-19),enf (07-08-19),hinekadon (07-08-19),mtv (07-08-19),ol' boy (07-08-19),Uncle Fester (07-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I was only just looking up how many Mass Shootings China has had (although could you ever believe the reporting)
    Anyway, its seems only the Cops and Military like to do the mass shootings over there
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-08-19)

Thanks

What is the parameter of a " mass shooting" in terms of people Killed or wounded and is the standard the same the world over or vary from country to country?

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Lets look at some figures that didn't come from somewhere like Twitter or Facebook

The United States Congress defines mass shootings as incidents where there are at least three people, or more, who are shot and killed by an attacker.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Strange that, of the "civilised" countries, the US is the ONLY one that regularly appears in those lists......
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Accurate figures for Africa would be interesting.

Seems everyone has a different opinion about who's in the lead.
    With all the lies and misinformation the scum press spews out regular as clockwork it's probably almost impossible to get accurate information nowdays anyway...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Can we just go back to the 80's?

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (08-08-19),ol' boy (08-08-19),Tiny (09-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Can we just go back to the 80's?
    Here you go Leroy

If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (10-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    I was only just looking up how many Mass Shootings China has had (although could you ever believe the reporting)
    Anyway, its seems only the Cops and Military like to do the mass shootings over there
    at lest it's not happening here.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eeprommemory For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-19),ol' boy (08-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Not really... only two categories relate to murder and only one relates to mass murder, mostly at a single location.
    the strange thing is the least likely way to die in America people get hysterical about guns / terrorists but cigarettes and doctors like doctor jayant patel meh nothing done about it.
    yes i get America is a special kind of crazy but japan has just as many guns and so does Sweden so it's not the guns.
    i think it is actually because of the education system in America.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    yes it is.

Oh how I just love "stats" -- making a point by convenient omission.

That guy "Keith" has obviously never heard of South Africa.

Here, hundreds of people are killed every year in one area of one city alone. In one shoot-out alone, easily 20 people get killed instantly -- it's a commonality.

The problem is so bad, they are trying to deploy the military (SANDF), who don't even want to get involved for fear of being killed! There are areas where the police admit they won't even go into, because they know they won't come back.

Oh yes, there's gun control all right -- if you can legally own a gun and have never shot anyone in your life, they take it away and tell you you don't need a gun -- the police will protect you! Unless you're a gangster, then you can do what you want, and own what you want. The police will never know. They are so swamped by all the other crimes going on -- theft, ATM/fidelity-van bombings, housebreaking, etc. they don't have time still to check who has illegal guns.

And if the police catch you shooting someone, all you have to do is put the gun on the ground, and then say "Oh that gun, nope, not mine" and they can do nothing to you -- as proudly said by a gangster they interviewed on TV once.

-----

Look, I agree, guns should not be so easily available like they are in the US. In fact, if I ran a country, I would ban ALL guns -- if you get caught with one -- life sentence. A total gun-free society.

But, the things are so disseminated now into each and every corner of the country, such a scenario is only an ideology, a pipe-dream.

You've got the stuff out there now, and now you have to deal with it.

And, like being infected with a dangerous strain of a deadly illness, you now have to attack it with the most powerful antibiotics you can get your hands on -- i.e. work on people being able to defend themselves.

The only way you are going to stop one of these gun-nuts is to fight fire with fire. The moment he enters a shopping mall or whatever with whatever he's got, you've got to stick him full of lead, because that's the only way you are going to stop him. That's the sad reality that it has come to, whether people like it or not -- you've got this situation now and you have to solve the problem at hand.

Maybe they have to deploy military personnel like they want to do here?

And, as usual, everybody attacked Trump when he said after the Florida school shootings that perhaps they should arm the teachers -- but, the man has a point. How do they want to employ so-called gun control? With a magic net cast over the whole country? Somehow all the guns are just going to show up magically at the pentagon's front door on a Tuesday morning? No, you need real solutions, that can deal with the problem as it happens.

But it's like there's a war on problem-solving nowadays. Everybody just wants to talk and strategise (and get paid a bucketload of money for it), nobody wants to actually do something!

-----

But, OK, if someone doesn't want to have to go through the trauma of having to kill someone in defence (that's understandable), why not invent something else -- like a dart gun designed for humans. Put the guy to sleep like you do a lion, elephant or whatever. Once he drops, shackle him up and cart him off. Have more defences, like metal-detectors at shopping mall entrances, or whatever.

My point is -- come up with something. I'm so tired of this world having this literal war on problem-solving. This is the most pathetic generation in human history! Which is also the reason why a person feels they need to vent his/her frustrations with a gun in the first place! Arrrrghh!!!

They whine about guns, global warming, too much gases in the atmosphere, too little food, lack of resources -- f*cking solve it you idiots!!!

Edit: speaking of problem-solving -- usually these guys are some dude who is so frustrated with life because he can't get laid or high or whatever -- ever heard of Las Vegas or Amsterdam? You could afford a semi-automatic....just sayin'
    Last edited by irritant; 08-08-19 at 08:33 PM.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-19),george65 (08-08-19),Jma (08-08-19),Mr 672A (10-08-19),VroomVroom (09-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Here's another twist on it.

And in this one they mention a similar situation in Utah
    Last edited by bob_m_54; 08-08-19 at 08:01 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (10-08-19),ol' boy (08-08-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Here's another twist on it.

And in this one they mention a similar situation in Utah
    That is hilarious

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    That is hilarious
    It might well be hilarious to you, however, imagine living with the fact that any loud bang could actually mean someone is going mad with a bangstick!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    It might well be hilarious to you, however, imagine living with the fact that any loud bang could actually mean someone is going mad with a bangstick!
    Or it could mean a bike, car or lawnmower is backfiring.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast