Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bob Brown, Nimby And Hypocrite.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by irritant View Post
    I guess each generation has to have one.

Another one in my opinion will be social media and the undying craving to share every aspect of your waking life with strangers (including unhinged psychopaths and perverts).

It's a pitty that this time in humanity will be looked at as when the world fell for the biggest scam of all time and future generations will look back and say " how could they be so stupid?" as it will be obvious to young school children what a crock it obviously was.

I agree with the SM thing. It turns ration people into morons.
    The first thing a friend and I do when we list positions vacant is see if we can find the applicants on SM. Resume's and job apps are made to make out everyone would make a fantastic employee but if you can see what they are like on SM, it tells the truth. If you see their goal in life if to go out and get wasted every weekend, it's telling. Like one the other week, if you see they are 23 yo and appear to act like 10 yo's that gives a good insight too. And occasionally you come across different ones that don't post much but when they do is mature, responsible and they aren't getting pissed every post, you know they are the ones worth going to the next step with. You also have the MANY that clearly don't even read what the job is about and do not give information specificity asked for or ask questions about what was spelled out in the ad.

My mate is constantly looking for people with very specific formal qualifications which are absoloutly essential to the position(s) he has. He goes to pains to point out and repeats more than once in his ads yet it's a running endless joke how many people he gets that list on their job resumes they have experience as a cleaner, a pot washer and a car park attendant as their sum total work experience. He gets MULTIPLE people a week that would be what a road traffic controller with a stop/go sign would be to brain surgery. They must just send their automated job application to every new job ad that comes up.

Being the suspect weirdo I am, I put about 95%+ off with the apparently inappropriate question of " When can you start?". I have tried asking the question every way I and think of including telling them when I want them to start so they don't have to make up their mindds but it's the last I ever hear from them again. It's unbelievable. You can exchange 10 emails with them covering everything, they will say I'm really excited about this or i'm looking forward to it and then when you get to working out when they are available to start..... Crickets!

WTF is it with people who want to put up pics of themselves on SM in Bedrooms that look like a cyclone blew through or photograph themselves in Shit houses? I really don't care how great you look, I'm tired of seeing Dunnys in all these pictures and some moron holding a phone in front of them. My wife and I have friend that every day does a selfie of herself in the car with this pathetic " Poor me" expression on her face. Yes, we know you have things a bit tough but also know 95% of it you brought on yourself. I don't need to be reminded of your pathetic outlook every dam day by a 60 yo woman! Even seeing the pics my wife shows me is too much, why she has it daily beats me. I tell her, just block or delete her.

The other thing with SM is people will put things on it like an invite to something and not let you know any other way. My sister in law is a classic for this. saw her at a family thing the other week and she said I'll see you next weekend. I said really? Where at? She said I sent you an invite on Face waste to....
    I said I'm lucky if I look at that once a month, could you not at least send me a text message if you can't take the time to ring and say hello?. Told her a dozen times I'm not into that crap but she persists.
    Said to the wife we shouldn't argue with it, it's a great excuse to get out of the crook turns she puts on where she invites 20 people and provides enough food for 3 but enough booze for 150. If the occasion is a lunch you'll be getting there at 1 and eating at 5 or if it's for dinner.... We we have learned to eat before we go and where the nearest maccas is for the trip home.

It reminds me of this guy in the pub one night that couldn't leave me alone.
    They are this way because they have been influenced by, and I hate to bring this up again, the woman's way of thinking.
    Few years ago I had a lot of evidence and suspicion my daughters BF was giving her drugs. Took me a week to confront him so as to collect myself enough not to just kill the prick. When I did see him I told him very up close and personal and very calmly, that if he ever did anything to hurt her, to cause her to be hurt, to put her in any danger or in anyway do the wrong thing by her, I would make sure he disappeared off the face of the earth without a trace.

Didn't that cause the shit fight of the century. He went running to my daughter, told her what I said and of course she was in Hysterics and then when my wife found out..... It wasn't pretty. I tried to tell my daughter it was just a warning which only made matters worse, She said I know you never say anything you don't mean and you are a Physco that always does what you say you will no matter how Fked up.
    What can I say, man has to be true to himself at least.

I stood by what I said and told them, if he does nothing wrong as you say then there is no problem is there? That didn't do much to calm things.
    Fast forward to earlier in the year and we are talking to a friend that has a daughter that has gone totally off the rails and is with some deadbeat that's giving her drugs. The woman did everything to raise the daughter right and the last time I saw her I was impressed with what an intelligent mature, polite you girl she was.

Our friend was almost crying saying her husband had no balls and wouldn't stand up to the deadbeat boyfriend and act like a real father. I said maybe for the better and with my wife there told her about what I had said to my daughters BF. She looked at my wife and said that's what real men do, they stand up for their families, you are so lucky to have him and not my gutless husband. She went on about it for some time apologising to my wife and saying I'm sorry, but you are wrong, that's what any proper father would do, you should be so proud of him not giving him a hard time about it. Wish my husband had a 10th of that concern for our daughter.

Since then she has emailed me and my wife, invites us to visit and come to dinner and just wanted to get so much closer than what we have ever had to do with her over the previous almost 20 years we have known her as a friend of a friend. I feel sorry for her. I always thought her husband was an alternative chilled type but I guess I didn't consider he might be a softcock and gutless as well. If I saw my daughter being lead down that track, I'd kill without hesitation. How any father can stand back and say shit like " It's her decision" is beyond me and clearly his wife as well whom also has a lot more balls and regard for her daughter.

The woman and I share a mutual lack of self concern. As she said to me, I survived cancer no one thought I could. It will come back and it will get me so if I die protecting my daughter, it will be better than wasting away to cancer. Apparently the daughters BF threatened to kill her in a confrontation and that's what she told him and that she would make sure she took him with her because that way he'd be away from her daughter. If he saw the resolve in her eyes I did which I'm sure he would have, no wonder he backed down quick.

My daughter is still going with the same bloke but she does not see much of him and I have no suspicions he's trying to influence my daughter any more. He is to his credit working very hard at his job 6 and sometimes partialy 7 days a week. My wife said something to my daughter the other week about him coming over for Dinner.
    A conversation ensued where my daughter said he doesn't like coming to our place. My wife asked what was wrong with our home?
    She said it's not the house, it's Dad! I said what I have I done? I have been polite and civil and friendly to him. She said you scared the Fk out of him and he's never forgotten it and never will. I couldn't help but laugh. My wife said well it didn't help you going on about your father always doing what he said even from the time you were a kid. My daughter said but it's the truth. I said as was what I told him but you got upset about that.

Still haven't seen him. Give me an hour and I'll work on my concerned look.

If this excessive amount of CO2 is the problem,
    Something just occurred to me!
    Maybe the Co2 isn't as big a problem to the planet as it is turning people into lefty, whinging, gender confused soft cocks. Maybe the co2 is causing people to turn to putty especially in the brain department.
    I might have to do a 180 on all this Co2 malarkey after all.

The bit that gets me is if you look at a greenhouse where the sole purpose is to make plants grow, they keep the things warm and they DOUBLE the amount of atmospheric C02 to speed up plant growth. If the whole Idea of making the planet green is to plant tress and save forests, Globull warming and more co2 is EXACTLY what you want.
    Besides, I hate bloody winter so the warmer the better. If its 40o in summer or 43, it's still effin hot and makes no difference that end.

Because it's nicer to exacerbate a problem, blow it out of proportion, and then get paid to whine about it in newspapers and on TV, or to pay huge amounts of money to snake-oil salesmen for so-called solutions. Or better yet, base an entire political career on it.
    BINGO!!
    Nothing as effective to keep one in a secure job as to invent a problem and then spend the rest of your time safe in a position trying to cure it knowing there will never be a cure found because there isn't actually a problem to fix in the first place!
    We think they are silly but they are a lot brighter than most take them for.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (21-08-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

BINGO!!
    Nothing as effective to keep one in a secure job as to invent a problem and then spend the rest of your time safe in a position trying to cure it knowing there will never be a cure found because there isn't actually a problem to fix in the first place!
    We think they are silly but they are a lot brighter than most take them for.
    yeah like being a "social media influencer "

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

eaglem (22-08-19),irritant (21-08-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I agree with Bob Brown.

Wind turbines are the most useless pieces of shit to blot our landscape. They kill a lot of birds (something I have been saying for years but people only seem to have woken up to since Brown opened his mouth), are as ugly as a hat full of shit and god help you if you if sonic noises are a problem for you. You either have to move or go insane over a number of years.

Given the huge amount of sunshine we have, why do we even have these pieces of shit ? They are generally used by European countries that have no other options.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

irritant (24-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I agree with Bob Brown.
    Me too.
    They call him a hypocrite but what would a man be to realise he was wrong but keep carrying on touting what he knew was a mistake just to save face?
    Nothing wrong with admitting your Mistakes after new evidence comes to light that may not have been known years earlier.
    I think the guy is an arse clown but, credit where credit is due.

Wind turbines are the most useless pieces of shit to blot our landscape.
    Seems another green Hypocrisy to want to save the environment but then desecrate it far and wide with these eyesores that are supposed to be looking after it.
    Isn't the green agenda to make the planet Beautiful and keep it pristine for future Generations? How the Fk do they think these things fit into that ideal?

and god help you if you if sonic noises are a problem for you. You either have to move or go insane over a number of years.
    I have been reading up a bit on this. Right now it's Cigarette Science. They are in the denial stage telling people they cause no harm despite the evidence. They will keep on denying it till the Current CEO's and execs of the companies responsible have moved on or retired and they can let someone else take the heat when Denial won't cut it any more.

It's a rapidly growing problem in Europe where the things litter the Views and the peace for miles around every place they infect. People don't leave the places they grew up in and love in tears because it's their Imagination. They are all loosing a lot more than money so there is no gain, only heartache and loss.
    I read of one not so young couple whom moved away from their life long home to another area only to have more monstrosity's built even closer. Some expert came in and did measurements in their house and was shocked at the sub sonic vibration levels he found. Guy was surprised himself they would travel the distance they did with the strength they had. Apparently soil and ground layers make a difference more than what was thought.

It's not just people either. Animals react badly. There was a farmer that had been on his land for a few decades and always run a similar size heard of cows naturally enough. He had decades of records of his milk production as he was required to keep and submit. Suddenly some wind towers come along and production falls through the floor and he has more sick animals than ever.
    I doubt the cows were Imagining things or had anything to gain. Similar experiences are found everywhere these things go.

I have been round " sound-proofed " Diesel engines thumping away and although they are far from loud, the background hum/ rhythm can get to you after a day.
    I'd hate to think what these massive turbines would be like even miles away.
    I read years ago about this sound engineer that lived in a duplex where a couple moved in next door and used to play loud music Night and day. Complained to them and the landlord and nothing happened. Guy got these big drivers and put them on the adjoining wall and would play this low frequency sound he researched that couldn't be heard when he went to work. Took a few weeks and neighbours were moving out because they reckoned the place was making them sick.
    Sub sonic sound is not fairy tales.

Given the huge amount of sunshine we have, why do we even have these pieces of shit ?
    Money.
    Specifically Billions in Gubbermint Subsidies. Without it they wouldn't be even thought of. Now the money for them is Drying up in Europe, sales and installations are in a downward fall.

The other thing is without them, the whole RE thing falls flat on it's Blades....errr, I mean, face. How else are they going to make any remotely logical excuse for where 100% RE power will come from at night? I think most people now are aware that grid scale batterys are a laughable idea.

The green zealots are all championing and dancing round the environmental totem pole over Pumped hydro ATM. Yeah, Gives a limited amount of people 5-8 hours storage... IF the sun was shining the day before. Being a storage system rather than a generation system, it's dead in it's own water the first cloudy day that comes along because the whole premise is to store excess solar power. If the day is cloudy there sure as hell won't be any excess wind power so everyone is up shit creek like with every other RE scenario.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (24-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    ...They are generally used by European countries that have no other options...
    Hate to bring this up again, but I stick with what I said a year ago -- it's all due to that farce called the Paris Agreement -- a disguised cloak and dagger mission for the EU (i.e. German government) to take control of the world, especially the Allied countries that handed their arses to them 70 years ago.

Hitler must be laughing his head off in his grave, whilst people like Winston Churchill must be turning over in theirs.

It's simple, if you want to stop letting the EU (i.e. Germany) tell you what to do, in your own F-ing country, pull out of it like Trump did.
    Last edited by irritant; 24-08-19 at 08:23 AM.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (24-08-19),eaglem (01-09-19),george65 (24-08-19)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12