Thread: o2 sensor simulator ie. diode or resistor fix for p0420 and p0430 error codes

Thanks

Default o2 sensor simulator ie. diode or resistor fix for p0420 and p0430 error codes

hi guys its been a while

im looking for a learned member who knows his shit about electronics and how to make these 02 sims or cel eliminators

i know the rear 02 sensor ranges from 0.1v to 0.9v with a bad or no cat and around 0.5 to 0.7v slightly wavering being the sweet spot to make the ecu think the cats working normally

ive read conflicting over seas info online to use a capacitor a diode OR a capacitor and diode in tandem

what i need is way to make the wild 0.1v to 0.9v swings in volts being sent from the o2 sensor to be stabilized to around 0.5v to 0.7v

having no knowledge in capacitors diodes and such im looking for some guru here to help me solder in the correct whatever to be able to achieve this

reason i need this info is i have installed an aftermarket exhaust and my engine light keeps coming on with catalyst deficiency below threshold , but its just because i now have high flow cats

thanks
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Rip out the CEL -- just kidding.

An RC circuit could do the trick there, 1M Ohm resistor in series with the downstream O2 sensor and a 1uF capacitor in parallel with the sensor, might have to play with those values though to get the correct combination.

Thanks

Rip out the CEL
    that was my thought too after seeing the thing pop on every other day lucky i can easily erase it using my scanner

electrical tape over the light was also mentioned but id sooner have the light active but fooled by the bogus signal being sent so i can see if other errors present

what you've mentioned is what ive read, ill post a picture soon to see if its what your talking about

NS

Thanks

this is what i was looking at info for (not for subaru just an example) i thought it looked really easy

this is what you describe its not much more difficult but matching values confuses me immensely

which one will work easiest for a mug amateur like me

NS
    Last edited by NoService; 16-08-19 at 11:28 PM.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

NoService (17-08-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Duplicate thread.

It's specifically automotive, so I'm closing this one.