Thread: Receiving Vinasat1

Thanks

Default Receiving Vinasat1

Hi Guys,

I have been receiving Vinasat1 on two receivers for a while now. I have one SatKing DVBS 250S2A in the living room and another in the bedroom.

The Satking in the bedroom started showing a lack of signal strength. The living room was fine. I moved the bad receiver to the living room and it still showed a low signal.

I replaced the SatKing with a Strong SRT 4950E only to find the problem still exists.

I realigned the 3m dish. The problem still exists. I replaced the cable between the 2x4 multiswitch at the dish and the bedroom receiver but still the problem exists.

It appears the living room reception is fine but the bedroom reception is not. I have changed the positions of cables on the multiswitch but the problem still exists.

I'm lost. The bedroom receiver has a new sat box, new cable to the multiswitch and still the problem exists. The bedroom even has a shorter cable run than the living room.

I'm out of ideas. Anybody any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter
    Wonthaggi Vic

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vk3eka View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have been receiving Vinasat1 on two receivers for a while now. I have one SatKing DVBS 250S2A in the living room and another in the bedroom.

The Satking in the bedroom started showing a lack of signal strength. The living room was fine. I moved the bad receiver to the living room and it still showed a low signal.

I replaced the SatKing with a Strong SRT 4950E only to find the problem still exists.

I realigned the 3m dish. The problem still exists. I replaced the cable between the 2x4 multiswitch at the dish and the bedroom receiver but still the problem exists.

It appears the living room reception is fine but the bedroom reception is not. I have changed the positions of cables on the multiswitch but the problem still exists.

I'm lost. The bedroom receiver has a new sat box, new cable to the multiswitch and still the problem exists. The bedroom even has a shorter cable run than the living room.

I'm out of ideas. Anybody any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter
    Wonthaggi Vic
    Have you tried swapping the multi switch cable over from your bedroom and the living room, You good Receiver might read Fake Signal Strength, does both location work ok (No pixalation) regarding the signal strength or quality. I have plenty of receivers at our house and I have one brand X 8 and one of them has a low Signal strength where ever you stick it but it works ok.

Vinasat 1 for me is weak on a 2.3M and works better at afternoon and Night. some morning its not there.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 18-08-19 at 10:20 AM.

Thanks

You mentioned 2 x 4 multiswitch. How is the signal brought into the house. I assume you have a dual port c Band feed or are using a orthofeed or are you just running a single cable and relying on the fact that the usable services on vinasat are only on Vert or 13volts.

So it looks as though your multiswitch could be faulty. When you say lack off signal strength? On a sat receiver there are usually two reading bars one is signal strength which purely means that the LNB is receiving voltage and the other is signal quality that represents the actual signal level from the and easily transponder. So if the signal strength is nil, there is no power getting to the LNB. A lot of people rightly get confused with those readings but in 99% of cases the top reading means FA and only proves there is power to the LNB ITS THE BOTTOM READING THAT IS important.

If you are using a multiswitch 2x4 for example and one of the receivers is faulty or is pulling the voltage up to 18volts at the multiswitch it could cause issues with the second box. Some people used to split sat signals using a simple two way splitter and when you switch one box from 13v Vert to 18v Horz this would force the second box to go to Horz as well because 18volts was being sent to it.

Anyway try the other two spare ports on the multiswitch as this seems to be the weak point and good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    You mentioned 2 x 4 multiswitch. How is the signal brought into the house. I assume you have a dual port c Band feed or are using a orthofeed or are you just running a single cable and relying on the fact that the usable services on vinasat are only on Vert or 13volts.

So it looks as though your multiswitch could be faulty. When you say lack off signal strength? On a sat receiver there are usually two reading bars one is signal strength which purely means that the LNB is receiving voltage and the other is signal quality that represents the actual signal level from the and easily transponder. So if the signal strength is nil, there is no power getting to the LNB. A lot of people rightly get confused with those readings but in 99% of cases the top reading means FA and only proves there is power to the LNB ITS THE BOTTOM READING THAT IS important.

If you are using a multiswitch 2x4 for example and one of the receivers is faulty or is pulling the voltage up to 18volts at the multiswitch it could cause issues with the second box. Some people used to split sat signals using a simple two way splitter and when you switch one box from 13v Vert to 18v Horz this would force the second box to go to Horz as well because 18volts was being sent to it.

Anyway try the other two spare ports on the multiswitch as this seems to be the weak point and good luck.
    Thanks for the reply, I have a dual port C band LNB with both feeds going to the 2x4 multiswitch.

Signal strength on both is around 70% the quality varies between 85% on the living room and less on the bedroom box (except today with the wind blowing....). The SatKing only has signal strength display, the Strong has both. I changed receivers to check the quality of both with no difference in picture quality.

I tried having only one receiver at a time connected to the multiswitch in various of the four positions but with the same result.

One thing I have noticed is that on a Blind Scan is that transponder 3590 shows as horizontal polarisation, not vertical. Seems I may have the LNB wrongly positioned.

I may try connecting the 13V LNB output directly to the bedroom sat receiver and see if that helps.

Many thanks for your help

Peter

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have a dual port C band LNB with both feeds going to the 2x4 multiswitch.

Signal strength on both is around 70% the quality varies between 85% on the living room and less on the bedroom box (except today with the wind blowing....). The SatKing only has signal strength display, the Strong has both. I changed receivers to check the quality of both with no difference in picture quality.

I tried having only one receiver at a time connected to the multiswitch in various of the four positions but with the same result.

One thing I have noticed is that on a Blind Scan is that transponder 3590 shows as horizontal polarisation, not vertical. Seems I may have the LNB wrongly positioned.

I may try connecting the 13V LNB output directly to the bedroom sat receiver and see if that helps.

Many thanks for your help

Peter
    Well, I have just tried connecting the 13V LNB feed directly to the bedroom receiver and all would appear to be well. (Still a bit windy out there!).

I'll keep an eye on it and buy a new multiswitch.

Cheers

Peter

Thanks

Well, I have just tried connecting the 13V LNB feed directly to the bedroom receiver and all would appear to be well. (Still a bit windy out there!).

I'll keep an eye on it and buy a new multiswitch.

Cheers

Peter
    Hi Peter.
    Just wondering if you are still able to get the HTV channels or just the VTV ones. I’m m in Perth WA and had lost the HTV channels a long time ago

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr_strewth View Post
    Hi Peter.
    Just wondering if you are still able to get the HTV channels or just the VTV ones. I’m m in Perth WA and had lost the HTV channels a long time ago
    Only VTV ones unfortunately. Still, much better than nothing.

Cheers