Thread: Sierra s5382AU2 and NBN

Thanks

Default Sierra s5832AU2 and NBN

I've searched high and low for an answer to my question to no avail..so here goes.

My switch of date to the dreaded NBN is fast approaching and my main concern is the home alarm.

The C&k system Sierra s5832AU2 is approx 18 y.o and is currently self monitored..call my mobile when activated.

The NBN technology for me is HFC.

Is there a newish dialler I can buy or anything I can do,to make this box compatible or is it obsolete and I'm looking at a whole upgrade. I'll still like to have it self monitored .

Thanking you for any assistance I can get.
    Last edited by ctsak; 19-08-19 at 10:37 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Given it's age it would be worth upgrading. Most new alarms support an ip module and an app, where you can check the status of alarm and get notifications of alarm events.

Otherwise add a 3G /4G dialler to the alarm with a sim card and continue with what you already have.

Thanks

The NBN modem will have a socket on it labelled "phone". You should have dial tone on that socket (test by plugging a phone into it and calling your mobile). You can try plugging the alarm directly into that socket and see if it still calls you. Bear in mind that you will lose dial tone during a power failure with the NBN, and the dial tone provided by the modem may not be 100% compatible with the alarm and it may not work properly, or at all. Otherwise, take Secure's advice and upgrade to a modern alarm system.