Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will 5G usher in the end of C Band ?

Thanks

A rumor to do with covid started people setting those towers on fire in the UK. It have me a chuckle but wont happen here.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hca View Post
    A rumor to do with covid started people setting those towers on fire in the UK. It have me a chuckle but wont happen here.
    People here want to be compensated for this 5G Shit all because of the cost for good filter on multiple CBAND dish + I have been told you might have to increase the size of that dish to get what you uses to get with the smaller dish

Thanks

Mobile phone only sort of works here, I doubt 5g will appear. low population = low or no service. You would think they would at least try and achieve decent phone coverage before they start on hooking up fridges and aircons.

Strikes me there would not be enough demand to take those allocations. Mind you the Prime tax collector is only looking at $$$$$ from spectrum sales.

But the craps going hit the fan in Indo if they use those frequencies with 5G, probably a lot of Asia , they didn't have greedy little local regional tv station owners and their pollie mates who brought about the bmac, epal, auroroa and vast mess at public expense like AU, all TV is national access. They have all the local TV, maybe 10 to 15 channels plus the shopping crap C band FTA on a STB and dish you can by about $50. Also a lot the pay is also on C band.

Its all C band because Ku band is near on useless through tropical rain cloud. The locals just wont let them build the towers once the word gets out, and any that do get on air and blot the tv in the mean time will be dealt with pretty swiftly. Probably at the mains supply but fire would be an option with collateral damage to non 5g gear as well.

There is no fun in it if C band is your hobby but I guess if you are cursed with the 5g phone site nearby you will have the band width to stream TV.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    The $100 solution.
    8 months gone so how have the Mediastar Going? I will need this dual ( In the link below) output Mediastar for my MultiSwitch because this multiswitch (8 in from different decoders, 2 out for the LNBF) feeds 8 decoders for Vert and Horz. I want to buy this one. Have you used this one before.? (The one that I want to get).

Also the LNBF 3.7 to 4.2 (No 3.4 to 4.2 option yet) option can be bought for reasonable price but what about the orthimode one in post # 36 on this thread, can you get a cheaper one these day as this type are still Very expensive.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 19-05-20 at 12:23 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (04-05-21)

Thanks

I've been having a close look on my spectrum analyser at my location (Cannon Hill, QLD), and I see Optus signals centred around 3.46 GHz (3.43 to 3.49 GHz), and several Telstra signals around 3.55 to 3.6 GHz, but above 3.6 GHz, quite clear.
    The mobile phone signal in my area is very strong (-55dBm), so without a good filter, C band will suffer.

I'l look at getting one of the Satking or similar LNBs with 5G filter in the near future.

Thanks

Getting a 5G LNBF for any LNBF it at a reasonable price is ok but to buy a orthimode one and I need two one for vert and one for horz its quite expensive. No unless I'm looking in the wrong place to buy them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    I need two one for vert and one for horz its quite expensive. No unless I'm looking in the wrong place to buy them
    Selling on ebay at a reasonable price I would think... one is DRO and the more expensive is PLL. Search eBay " 5G LNB " and presto...

Thanks

Selling on ebay at a reasonable price I would think... one is DRO and the more expensive is PLL. Search eBay " 5G LNB " and presto...

Thanks I got that but I will Also need the below orthimode type Filters I will need for mt prodilin 1.8M Offset. I say they cost a bit X 2 of them eeEEK.

Last edited by Mr 672A; 27-05-20 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks

You could look at using the 5G Dual output LNB with an offset feed horn combination.

Thanks

You could look at using the 5G Dual output LNB with an offset feed horn combination.
    (By the way. I bought two 5G LNBF's for my 2.3M Prime Focal dish. One is the DRO type and the other is PLL and will test them to see if one is better than the other on my 2.3M prim Focal Dish)

If I'm getting it right without confusion which is easy for me, Do I use this Conical Scalar Kit and use this kit on any of the Prime Focus LNBF ( I purchased from Ebay yesterday) without the F bit on my 1.8M Offset Prodilin Dish?

Thanks

Do I use this Conical Scalar Kit and use this kit on any of the Prime Focus LNBF ( I purchased from Ebay yesterday) without the F bit on my 1.8M Offset Prodilin Dish?
    You'll find many such setups when you google " C Band offset dish " and view the images.

Thanks

You'll find many such setups when you google " C Band offset dish " and view the images.
    Yes thanks for that . I will buy one of those Conical Scalar Ring today. Thank for that but the only thing I will investigate is in all for photo's so far I have found plenty LNBf without the F bit as you don't need it but in all cases ALL OF them has a Single Cable LNB not twin output LNB that I need to feed the Multiswitch inside the House. Anyhow the Conical ring is cheap enough to buy.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 29-05-20 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks

Do I use this Conical Scalar Kit and use this kit on any of the Prime Focus LNBF ( I purchased from Ebay yesterday) without the F bit on my 1.8M Offset Prodilin Dish?

If you message me Ill send you one for free
    Last edited by carjackma; 29-05-20 at 08:25 PM.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

ok this is the post just for jo555 have a read of it from the first post ok Don

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    ok this is the post just for jo555 have a read of it from the first post ok Don
    Yeh I've had a look and if I tried what you suggest and use screws would most defiantly stuff it up.

Best just to buy a new $100 LNB with a 5G filter.

Thanks

Does anyone know if they are testing 5G in the Wollongong area yet?

I have had a number of old folks ring me up in this last 2 weeks saying their European Channels are starting to pixelate.

Also do these C Band Lnb with 5G Filter actually work or are they a waste of time?

Have hear varying reports on how they work.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

surely someone has a c band feedhorn they dont mind experimenting with. yes the 5g filters "work "but they have a long roll off this makes them" just about" effective , dealing with microwave frequency's is all about accuracy with the measurements the higher the more accurate you have to be conversely the lower the frequency the more lax one can be . So to tune a filter you already have a signal source then you need to get results to compare with the original and build it from there . the theory goes if it is better good worse bad ok every c band lnb is a wave guide connected to a antenna you can see them in there there are two this equals to vertical and hoz there is also a bar across the feed-horn this separates the two antennas from each other and doesnt allow the local oscillator to become parasitic to the other antenna the length of the antenna is a quarter-wave long at the fundamental operating frequency , the bar also it a 50 ohm short at this frequency so presents a low impedance to the incoming signal the more of these "shorts the signal sees the narrower the bandwidth of the whole device , therefore to get a sharp roll off more antennas off the unwanted frequency are required therefore drilling and tapping more antennas into the feed-horn the sharper the response and the more rejection of the 5g signal ,so untill someone has the guts to experiment we will carry on BUYING and hope that they got it right which is bullshit because "they" are never going to produce whats needed cos there are too many fools with money who continue to buy the shit that cant work but sounds good in the adverts

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theslydog View Post
    Does anyone know if they are testing 5G in the Wollongong area yet? .
    Yes 5 G is currently being rolled out throughout Illawarra using 3.7GHz the top end of the 3.6 Band (3595 to 3700Mhz) which was sold to the telco's
    Lots of Portuguese RTP and RAI audience there with 2.3 mesh dishes. they all need 5G LNB replacement. Depends on proximity to the towers some sits are a total write-off doesn't matter what brand Satking, Space, Mediastar or 5G one Cable solution, nothing works there's no relief. Other site are OK with the 5G LNB.

Best to take a 5G LNB and try... most these 5G LNB V/H orientation is with the circuitry box on the right side to get the 3860 V Eu bouquet. Some site got better results by rotating the LNB so the box is on top. In this case you need to retune the receiver to get the Eu 3860Mhz on Horizontal. Other none viable and not lasting solutions is to build a skirt around the dish using aluminium flyscreen mesh.

Also keep in mind solar outage 3:30 to 4pm till mid May.

if no GO, the only reasonably priced option is to dump the dish and go IPTV via the NBN many have already gone that way.
    Last edited by B52; 05-05-21 at 02:27 AM.

Thanks

Yes 5 G is currently being rolled out throughout Illawarra using 3.7GHz the top end of the 3.6 Band (3595 to 3700Mhz) which was sold to the telco's
    Lots of Portuguese RTP and RAI audience there with 2.3 mesh dishes. they all need 5G LNB replacement.
    And Spanish and they are all ringing me!

I have found 3 x 5G towers so far one in Albion Park, one in Warilla and one in the Gong.

Been given some MediaStar newer blue 5G ones to test. Might work for some. But as more 5G comes online it is only going to get worse so like you said will be a suck it and see,

I have set up a few FlipTV boxes for Spanish and the Portuguese package is livable, but the Italian package doesnt have RAI International.

These are oldies in their 70s and 80s and most dont want a sub, some dont have internet even if the NBN NTD is on their house.

They dont want a KU and sub either.
    Last edited by theslydog; 05-05-21 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theslydog View Post
    I have set up a few FlipTV boxes for Spanish and the Portuguese package is livable, but the Italian package doesnt have RAI International.
    There're others with RAI and anything else. They can trim the channels so only the one country channels will appear on the list, user friendly for the oldies.
    Anyway this subject belongs in the Internet TV header.

• Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast