Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will 5G usher in the end of C Band ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Yes, it's down converted, but you can certainly see the spikes, which are obviously not transponder signals.

No, it's not clearly defined, but it's a good indication of the presence of interference.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (12-11-19),tristen (12-11-19)

Thanks

Hi all,

Last weekend we performed another site test using the same method as before. The reason I am using a small vertical antenna is basically to sniff what is close by.

I conducted 3 test, one at the current dish location, another (site 1) is located at the far side of the backyard next to a garage which is made of metal and out of view of the coms tower. The last test (site 2) is located at the other side of the house (brick home) and also out of view of the coms tower.

The spectrum waterfall results do indicate a reduction of signal strength from the unwanted 5G signal. I cannot give a exact amount of attenuation with this measurement method but I am guessing it is several db compared to the noise floor.

We are now arranging to place a spare 2.3m mesh dish at site 2 location.

It will take another couple of weeks to finish this project so I will report again at a later stage.

Thanks all for your comments

Regards
    Joe[IMG][/IMG]

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vk5ei For This Useful Post:

hazman (24-11-19),mfahey (22-05-20),Mr 672A (16-11-19),mtv (16-11-19),tristen (16-11-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

well done good to see someone putting some thought into it don

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Good to see you do this research on this
    thanks

Thanks

I am happy to report that after mounting a new c-band LNB with a 5G filter builtin has stopped the interference to my parents AsiaSat-5 TVE reception.

Mediastar and Satking now supply these LNB's for $100

Thanks all for your help.

regards
    Joe

• The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to vk5ei For This Useful Post:

aliashere (24-11-19),David071 (24-11-19),gulliver (23-12-19),hazman (24-11-19),mfahey (22-05-20),Mr 672A (25-11-19),mtv (24-11-19)

Thanks

Thanks vk5ei, I’ve found it for $70 at DIY TradeTech in Victoria - postage would be additional.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vk5ei View Post
    I am happy to report that after mounting a new c-band LNB with a 5G filter builtin has stopped the interference to my parents AsiaSat-5 TVE reception.

Mediastar and Satking now supply these LNB's for $100

Thanks all for your help.

regards
    Joe
    Send the BILL to Telstra and Optus
    I see you have two cables I think you can buy the Mediastar with twin lnb inputs
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 25-11-19 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks

Good eyes Mr 672A, I wanted to be sure the new LNB works and so far its performed very good. I may purchase a twin LNB later.

Also I would love to send Telstra the bill, but do not like my chances

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vk5ei View Post
    Good eyes Mr 672A, I wanted to be sure the new LNB works and so far its performed very good. I may purchase a twin LNB later.

Also I would love to send Telstra the bill, but do not like my chances
    Good Point!

Funny thing is I was in a Telstra Shop the other day as my Son as my Son had troubles with his plan and when I was there I spoke to one of the idiots that roamed the floor with his notepad or whatever in his hands and I asked him "How long before 5G in in our area" he said up to 2 years, I said GOOD I hope It takes LONGER he said WHY???? I said the freq from 5G Effect CBand Reception to a point that you cant watch it........... Well He came out Firing, he Said THIS HAS BEEN TESTED IN THE PLANET USA and 5G Does not interfere with Anything, I said just google this issue and you will see, he said to me in a rude way RUBBISH!!!! You must have something else wrong if you get a issue with 5G wiping out you Cband Satellite reception.
    I said AGAIN Just do a GOOGLE and see for yourself, He said NO I WONT DO A GOOGLE BECAUSE TELSTRA and 5 G Have been tested here in Australia and NOTHING GETS EFFECTED with the 5G Frequencies.

I said AGAIN JUST DO A GOOGLE and read you heart out. then when My son Finished we both walk out with most of the Staff looking at us.
    Compensation from these idiot! That will ever happen.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

gulliver (23-12-19)

Thanks

All this is a bit moot. Refer
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guiseppe View Post
    All this is a bit moot. Refer
    what has america's band plan got to do with australia ?

Banned

Thanks

Heres a interesting spinoff the 5g discussion
    National consumer-rights Law firm FeganScott has filed a lawsuit against Apple and Samsung for allegedly exceeding the federal RF radiation limit. The firm hired a third-party lab to determine the level of RF radiation generated by devices manufactured by the two companies.

The independent results confirm that RF radiation levels are well over the federal exposure limit, sometimes exceeding it by 500 percent when phones are used as marketed by the manufacturers.

Beth Fegan, the managing partner of FeganScott and the attorney representing the consolidated suit, which was filed after the firm hired the industry-recognized lab, says that smartphone manufacturers must take responsibility for misleading consumers about the levels of RF radiation emitted by their smartphones when used against or close to the user’s skin.

Banned

Thanks

Default 5g 4 dummies

Advantech Wireless Technologies has released a specialized filter that will prevent 5G base stations from interfering with C-Band satellite signals. The filter design has been extensively tested and is available for immediate shipment.

The FCC recently announced its decision to make 280 MHz of C-band spectrum available for 5G services. This decision will accelerate the deployment of 5G services, and it will likely cause some interference with satellite service providers who operate in the C-band.

In the foreseeable future, many cellular base station transmitters will be allocated to the 5G network resulting in the ubiquitous presence of interfering signals with sufficiently high-power levels to require the use 5G filters to maintain quality of service.

be interesting to get my hands on one of these?????
    Last edited by hinekadon; 24-12-19 at 07:00 AM. Reason: more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    Advantech Wireless Technologies has released a specialized filter that will prevent 5G base stations from interfering with C-Band satellite signals. The filter design has been extensively tested and is available for immediate shipment.

The FCC recently announced its decision to make 280 MHz of C-band spectrum available for 5G services. This decision will accelerate the deployment of 5G services, and it will likely cause some interference with satellite service providers who operate in the C-band.

In the foreseeable future, many cellular base station transmitters will be allocated to the 5G network resulting in the ubiquitous presence of interfering signals with sufficiently high-power levels to require the use 5G filters to maintain quality of service.

be interesting to get my hands on one of these?????
    Am I missing something or do you have the wrong link?

Banned

Thanks

the pdf is very correct to the 5g interference

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hinekadon View Post
    the pdf is very correct to the 5g interference
    Might have to re read it again

Banned

Thanks

Theres a bit of a mess with the introduction of 5g as the older equipment transmitting to the sat is not as stable as required but as the had band space it was ok but not any longer acceptable for the 5g intro on those sats

• The Following User Says Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (03-01-20)

Thanks

Default I 'm not an expert on this things ....

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    It fixed my problem on several Asiasat 5 sites. The only downside is that TP's below 3700Mhz are rejected. In order to effectively isolate the interference the manufacturer opted for the DRO design.
    B52 ....Its like if you were with me behind my 1.8 dish ! The lower part of the dish is about 15 inches off the ground ....when the dish is turn the left in position to get Rai Italia and the
    others channels that were hard to get ! My set up is made up only to get Rai Italia on Asiasat 5 ! The pole that support the dish is 850 m/m long . I you were behind the dish with me at
    about 2.5 meter from the dish and using the pole as guide , your eyes will tell you ....that by looking at that pole position you are in line like the beam that you see on dish pointer on the
    internet which in this occasion ...12 o'clock ! and then you will move you eyes to the right , at 1 o'clock and see the oz tower which is used by Vodafone, Telstra, Optus and so on .
    With one single blind scan I got them all ! I did not made even a single change to the set up .....I will do it later .....I did it for my wife to keep her happy. The Oz tower is just over the road
    probably no more than 200 meters from my dish . I figured out the beam of Asiasat is about 15/20 meters from the Oz tower. I wrote ....because I read many post that were saying that they
    had the Oz towers one km from their dishes . All the best to all readers.

• The Following User Says Thank You to greg457 For This Useful Post:

B52 (11-03-20)

Thanks

Thanks Greg. In the meantime I notice on ebay a few other models 5G LNB's with PLL instead of DRO Oscillator.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    The $100 solution.
    B52
    Have you used this model I also seen a Skyking c band with a 5 g filter cheaper about $70
    any feedback on the performance of this or these , I live north of Jimboomba about 8ks and where I live about 6 houses away a new 5G tower a 4G upgraded recently. I don;t trust sales people
    Thanks bellesdad

• The Following User Says Thank You to bellesdad For This Useful Post:

David071 (05-05-20)

• Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast