Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Will 5G usher in the end of C Band ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,638 Times in 5,738 Posts

Yes, it's down converted, but you can certainly see the spikes, which are obviously not transponder signals.

No, it's not clearly defined, but it's a good indication of the presence of interference.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Ferjo (12-11-19),tristen (12-11-19)

Thanks

Hi all,

Last weekend we performed another site test using the same method as before. The reason I am using a small vertical antenna is basically to sniff what is close by.

I conducted 3 test, one at the current dish location, another (site 1) is located at the far side of the backyard next to a garage which is made of metal and out of view of the coms tower. The last test (site 2) is located at the other side of the house (brick home) and also out of view of the coms tower.

The spectrum waterfall results do indicate a reduction of signal strength from the unwanted 5G signal. I cannot give a exact amount of attenuation with this measurement method but I am guessing it is several db compared to the noise floor.

We are now arranging to place a spare 2.3m mesh dish at site 2 location.

It will take another couple of weeks to finish this project so I will report again at a later stage.

Thanks all for your comments

Regards
    Joe[IMG][/IMG]

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vk5ei For This Useful Post:

hazman (24-11-19),Mr 672A (16-11-19),mtv (16-11-19),tristen (16-11-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,329 Times in 481 Posts

well done good to see someone putting some thought into it don
    . Please treat people as you would like to be treated yourself.

Premium Member
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Good to see you do this research on this
    thanks
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

Thanks

I am happy to report that after mounting a new c-band LNB with a 5G filter builtin has stopped the interference to my parents AsiaSat-5 TVE reception.

Mediastar and Satking now supply these LNB's for $100

Thanks all for your help.

regards
    Joe

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vk5ei For This Useful Post:

aliashere (24-11-19),David071 (24-11-19),hazman (24-11-19),Mr 672A (25-11-19),mtv (24-11-19)

Thanks

Thanks vk5ei, Iíve found it for $70 at DIY TradeTech in Victoria - postage would be additional.

Premium Member
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vk5ei View Post
    I am happy to report that after mounting a new c-band LNB with a 5G filter builtin has stopped the interference to my parents AsiaSat-5 TVE reception.

Mediastar and Satking now supply these LNB's for $100

Thanks all for your help.

regards
    Joe
    Send the BILL to Telstra and Optus
    I see you have two cables I think you can buy the Mediastar with twin lnb inputs
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 25-11-19 at 10:00 AM.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

Thanks

Good eyes Mr 672A, I wanted to be sure the new LNB works and so far its performed very good. I may purchase a twin LNB later.

Also I would love to send Telstra the bill, but do not like my chances

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vk5ei View Post
    Good eyes Mr 672A, I wanted to be sure the new LNB works and so far its performed very good. I may purchase a twin LNB later.

Also I would love to send Telstra the bill, but do not like my chances
    Good Point!

Funny thing is I was in a Telstra Shop the other day as my Son as my Son had troubles with his plan and when I was there I spoke to one of the idiots that roamed the floor with his notepad or whatever in his hands and I asked him "How long before 5G in in our area" he said up to 2 years, I said GOOD I hope It takes LONGER he said WHY???? I said the freq from 5G Effect CBand Reception to a point that you cant watch it........... Well He came out Firing, he Said THIS HAS BEEN TESTED IN THE PLANET USA and 5G Does not interfere with Anything, I said just google this issue and you will see, he said to me in a rude way RUBBISH!!!! You must have something else wrong if you get a issue with 5G wiping out you Cband Satellite reception.
    I said AGAIN Just do a GOOGLE and see for yourself, He said NO I WONT DO A GOOGLE BECAUSE TELSTRA and 5 G Have been tested here in Australia and NOTHING GETS EFFECTED with the 5G Frequencies.

I said AGAIN JUST DO A GOOGLE and read you heart out. then when My son Finished we both walk out with most of the Staff looking at us.
    Compensation from these idiot! That will ever happen.

• Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345