Thread: Android to hdmi via cable

Thanks

Default Android to hdmi via cable

Hi there!!!

I purchased a USB C to HDMI cable for my Android 12.0 Mobile Phone, and I was quite suprised that many of the Apps on the Net, are very expensive, and some they claim, don't work properly.

It is a LG, and I here that Samsung's, have less troubles doing this,as they include Apps that can Cast Wirelessly or by Cable,in their Mobile Phones they sell.

What, is the best solution, to Mirror the Android's screen to HDMI??

Thanks, Simon

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

What, is the best solution, to Mirror the Android's screen to HDMI??
    If I ignore the topic line and just answer that question... -->

Cheap, reliable, and works with most all android phones....I consider this to be the best/easiest solution.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

sim christof (16-04-24)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 578 Posts

I can confirm that if you have a Samsung Smart TV and a Samsung Phone or Tablet, then you already have everything you need. The app, which comes standard with devices, is called "Smart View". Just open it on your mobile device, then hit the "Source" button on the TV and okay the cast.

Up until a couple of years ago it used to be two-way (you could cast the phone's screen to the TV, but you could also send the TV channel to your phone), but they removed the ability to send the TV to the phone for some reason. Buggered if I know why as it was really handy to be able to continue watching your favourite TV show if you had to re-locate to the throne room in a hurry!

I'm sure there are other third-party apps that do the same thing, I think Google's version is called "ChromeCast" (or something like that). I remember setting up my old girl's el-cheapo smart TV to mirror her iPad, and I *think* I used ChromeCast for that.

You don't need to be tethered by a HDMI cable, but I believe both devices must be connected to the same LAN (be it Ethernet or WiFi).

• The Following User Says Thank You to Bigfella237 For This Useful Post:

sim christof (16-04-24)