Thread: Do you Earth your Dishes ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default Do you Earth your Dishes ?

I want to ask a question about Earthing your satellite dishes. I have 9 satellite dishes. The biggest is 2.3m and the smallest is 80cm. Now ill tell you what has been going on. In the last 10 years I have wiped out 3 TV's plus 2xHDMI boards on a any tv on one room only and that is our eat room. Now in this eat room i've always had a 65 inch LCD and under that I have a skybox a1 (PS each Lighting strike wipes out ONE Skybox A1 in the eat room) so what happens is whenever there is a bad storm around, you guessed it, this TV room only, i'll say it again, this TV room only gets wiped out. Thank God so far my main TV room has not been affected because in this room I have an expensive Sony TV plus 8x24 inch monitors with 6 skybox a1's plus ultimo 4k boxes and onther VU Products. Now this room has been good, touch wood.

We go back to the eat TV room where we have our dinner. I want to know why this room only gets affected by lightning. I have the Belkin 600 joules surge protector, protects the power AND the Antenna. I have 5800 joules Belkin Surge Protector protecting the main TV room and thats no problem but i've tried everything to stop the eat room TV getting splattered whenever there is lightning around. I even tried the below:

The Below is in the Broom Closet

The above photo is an lightning isolator so all I have to do is disconnect this as on one end I have the wide F connectors and it is easy to disconnect so whenever there is a storm I disconnect one end only which totally disconnects our system from the antenna but even then last year we wiped out another TV (HDMI board gone + the TV too) plus we wiped out the skybox a1. Now this TV has been killed by the Skybox A1 then via the HDMI lead to the TV or the TV is getting killed somehow via the antenna. Now this is a critical point to know. In my in-house antenna system I use a 10 port out and in the eat room where I have the POWER INJECTOR I use the ass of that power injector for that TV to give it an aerial. Now after I blew up the last TV, I now made that port only for the 10 port splitter to be used for the power injector and I added another splitter in the roof from another bedroom to give me an RG6 back to the eat room. Now I'm not Complaining because my MAIN TV Room is not effected so far in the last10 years because that Main TV room we have spent alot of money on the 75 inch Sony and plenty of 24 inch TVs and plenty of Oppos and a range of Yamaha amplifiers and I have to thank god that this room has not been affected. I would still like to know why our eat room where we eat our room at night has been affected every year either by a HDMI board dying with a Skybox A1 or the complete TV dies with another Skybox A1. Where is the extra spike coming from? Is it coming from the HDMI via my Skybox A1 or somehow the injector that was using the 12 volts to the antenna Mast head Amplifier and the eat room TV was plugged in the rear of it. The other thing I would like to say, I cannot guarantee you that I might not have disconnected by antenna isolator before the lightning strike so the question is. Should I Earth my dishes? The whole 9 of them to an earth stake then connect back to the earth link in the main switchboard of the house.

What do you think
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 29-08-19 at 11:32 AM.

2. Look Here ->