Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Legal System in Japan

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default The Legal System in Japan

Considering we are all legal experts here
    This is a very interesting watch..... Makes you realise how good we have it.
    I'm rather surprised from an advanced country
    This would fry your cookies hey Mr 672A?

Last edited by ol' boy; 30-08-19 at 08:25 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (31-08-19),Godzilla (08-09-19),irritant (31-08-19),Keith (31-08-19),lsemmens (31-08-19),Mr 672A (31-08-19)

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

I don't know why people from the west still persist in bothering with these places IMHO. Surely we can all do business, etc. among ourselves? I've never understood the attraction or apparent allure, and why people are so hell-bent on romanticising visiting (or even living in) these places. Just look at Hong Kong ATM.

As an example, I really don't get the need of holding the upcoming rugby world cup here, when the traditional homes of rugby were more than well-suited and so well-established already. And in the middle of typhoon season to top it all.
    Last edited by irritant; 31-08-19 at 06:54 AM.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irritant View Post
    I don't know why people from the west still persist in bothering with these places IMHO..
    The West in yellow...... Nor really the majority hey, especially when you add popultion
    But get where you're coming from.... So many fall afoul of the law in these Eastern countries

Last edited by ol' boy; 31-08-19 at 08:09 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

irritant (31-08-19)

Thanks

True, but even so, you won't find me in one of the grey ones any time soon. Not a single one makes me go "Mmmm...that may be nice."

Pity the one I live in is no longer considered one of the yellow ones. It was when it was still functional.
    Last edited by irritant; 31-08-19 at 08:19 AM.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Yes, you live in the East.
    Where white farmers are slaughtered on thier farms for shits and giggles.
    Carjackings are common place
    I think I'll pick Japan thanks
    Last edited by ol' boy; 31-08-19 at 08:25 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (01-09-19),irritant (31-08-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Yes, you live in the East.
    Where white farmers are slaughtered on thier farms for shits and giggles.
    Carjackings are common place
    I think I'll pick Japan thanks
    Still only the better of two greys.

I'd still rather have neither thanks, only something yellow for me.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post
    Considering we are all legal experts here
    This is a very interesting watch..... Makes you realise how good we have it.
    I'm rather surprised from an advanced country
    This would fry your cookies hey Mr 672A?

Friggen Hell!!!. well its the same as most Asian Country as they want you to say your are Guilty even if you are not or not there at all. The same goes for Muslims over there, they go harder on them compared to others. I have always said you must study the Laws on any country before you go a holiday there. Same goes for some rich Arab Countries.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

irritant (31-08-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Seems pretty simple to me.
    If you are a tourist in Japan, don't break the law and stay out of trouble.
    Nothing seems to suggest they arrest tourists for the hell of it, just come down real hard on them if they don't follow the rules.

Seems to me we could do with a bit more of that hard line attitude here. May not have to lock someone up for 23 days for stealing Bubble gum but if it's their 3rd or 17th offence like so many seem to do and never learn, slammer time is exactly what they need.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (01-09-19),alpha0ne (01-09-19),Godzilla (08-09-19),irritant (01-09-19),VroomVroom (02-09-19)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Seems to me we could do with a bit more of that hard line attitude here.
    Oh I can hear the lefttard snowflakes screaming in protest right now.

In fact I do t think they ever stop screaming!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (01-09-19),irritant (01-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Japan .... oh come on. I've been to Japan and I have to ask, what kind of dickhead do you have to be to get the police's attention.
    <cough>

. May not have to lock someone up for 23 days for stealing Bubble gum....
    As an example, you have to actually STEAL the bubble gum for it to be a crime in Japan.

I know a place where just being in possession of bubblegum is a crime!
    Tourists that visit Singapore are allowed to bring chewing gum with them, but only maximum of two packs per person. Any more than that and they will be susceptible to be charged with "gum smuggling" which carries the penalty of one year in jail and $5,500 fine.
    Now I have to think about which countries I've been arrested/detained or kicked out of.
    All the best countries. USA, Burma, Afganistan, Kazakhstan. There are a few other countries where I've been detained (usually for a shake down) but when it becomes too hard or they thought they had bled me dry for the grand sum of about $5-10 each time, they give up and let me go.

The only country which I would think twice about is of course North Korea. It's a look but don't touch country.
    As much as I enjoyed the old Soviet Union and East Germany as a tourist destination and would like to find those kinds of places again, North Korea is that place, but even they are just a bit too nucking futs validate a visit.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

Tiny (01-09-19)

Thanks

I still maintain it's just another one of the latest fads and "must do things" the hipsters and the like rave on about. "You haven't lived until you've gone to...[insert name of xenophobic, crime-ridden shithole here]." Just like you haven't lived until you've eaten [insert name of inedible sea-creature/animal part here].

Now I would agree, I don't think Japan makes the list TBH. I too reckon you'd have to be a numpty to get their attention.

But for any of the rest -- anyone who gets themselves arrested/harassed deserve it, just for being stupid enough to go there in the first place.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irritant View Post
    just for being stupid enough to go there in the first place.
    The one that make me wonder is Bali.
    Why the fk do so many Aussies want to go there? Because it's Cheap? So what?
    It's full of litte crunts that want to rip you off and scam you with the help of the cops, its a diesese ridden shithole the minute you step outside the resorts and you are literally taking your life in your hand's being there. I wouldn't patronise the place of principal of that they stand for as a country not give them one more of our dollars they need to prop their shithole country up and let them ride on our backs any more.

We have plenty of places we can go in our own country and support our own businesses and economy. What ever we haven't got here, I can live without and don't need in the first place.
    Why the hell so many people, especially young people, flock there, I'll never know.

The ones that try to take Drugs into the place.... Well I have to admit the Indo's are doing us a favour by keeping our mentally retarded morons there for a very long time and out of our way.

We have enough idiots here, happy to offload all we can.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (01-09-19),irritant (01-09-19),lsemmens (01-09-19),Tiny (01-09-19)

Thanks

...Why the hell so many people, especially young people, flock there, I'll never know...
    A fad amongst a lot of the younger folk here a few years ago was to go and teach English in the east. There were so many people that went for it. Until people started disappearing and people started asking wait a minute, WTF is going on here? There are still a whole lot of young people that to this day have never come home. They can't even get the authorities over there to investigate, they're not interested. Why the F anybody would want to put yourself and your family back home through an ordeal like this is beyond me.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

We have plenty of places we can go in our own country and support our own businesses and economy. What ever we haven't got here, I can live without and don't need in the first place.
    Why the hell so many people, especially young people, flock there, I'll never know.
    Agreed. Problem with the young; "Everyone is doing it"
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

irritant (02-09-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

My neighbour, who I trust(and trusts me because I have the keys to his house, look after his chicken, etc) just came back from a Japan and China trip.

He said the people in Japan go out of their way to be helpful and friendly and he had a wonderful experience there.

China was the total opposite. The people were extremely rude, pushy and loud and go out their way to show that they don't like Westerners.
    He could not find not a single friendly one and they don't even smile or seem friendly to each other. He said they yell all the time.
    Their authoritarian shit is so cemented in their heads, that they wear T-shirts like "Rules are Great - Obey them!"

So imagine what must go on if a Chinese in a bad mood decides to pin a crime on you that you didn't do?
    Think I'd rather take my chances in Japan.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-09-19 at 11:34 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

irritant (02-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    and go out their way to show that they don't like Westerners.
    Maybe they are thinking " Strooth, there are a Billion of us here already, we don't no one else here making things even more congested!"
    They certainly don't have a problem with the west when it means getting out of their own overcrowded rat trap. They seems to bust a gut to get into Oz, the US, UK and Canada.

Don't even mention New Zealand. Every time I go to Auckland I can't Tell If I am in Delhi or Shanghai with the amount of Indians and Chinese there. It's insane.
    I made a video a few years back. Just stuck the camera on the back of a seat and recorded the people walking past on the main drag of a week day for about 15 Min.
    Looking at the film I counted 1 in 16-17 people on average that were NOT Asian or Indian. Yeah call me racist or whatever, couldn't give a shit but when people are that outnumbered in their own Country.... That's pretty bad.

Of course the thing is they only have to stay there 7 years and they get to walk in the back door to oz.

They may not be thrilled about westerners being in their country but I doubt there are many that wouldn't instantly jump on the bus to the airport and leave everything and everyone behind them if you gave them the opportunity to be in a western country.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

irritant (02-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

ive been to Japan 3 times , once for work and twice as a tourist , and i agree its a very safe , friendly place with the locals always willing to help out with directions or suggestions for everything. If you are stupid enough to go there and commit any crimes , even minor , then its your own fault really. Any Japanese tourist information centre can help you with advice on how to behave and what is not acceptable. And yes , sometimes you have to use common sense and if in doubt , dont do anything to attract attention to yourself , not even jaywalk. You need to be respectful of women as well - A few years ago when i was single and working there i used the services of a "bathhouse" This girl permitted all sorts of things to be done to her at the time , yet she told me that she had a bloke arrested for grabbing her bum on a train!!! its all about money i guess.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (02-09-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I've just been to China for a wedding and I found the people to be very friendly and helpful. We did not do the "tourist traps" though, even though we did do Tienanmen Square. Our last day in Beijing had us looking for a taxi to get us to the airport and one local who could speak English saw our predicament and took the time to ensure that we were safely on our way. Apparently you need an app on your phone to book a TAXI and she had just booked one for herself and she was number 79 in line. Her suggestion (the right one, BTW) was to catch the train to the airport. She took us to the right train terminal and saw us on our way. In every country, there are good and bad. Had we gone by road, we'd have missed our flight.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Seems pretty simple to me.
    If you are a tourist in Japan, don't break the law and stay out of trouble.
    or think that getting around showing your tatts is a good idea. The Japanese consider the tattooed as criminals or scum.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (03-09-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    China was the total opposite. The people were extremely rude, pushy and loud and go out their way to show that they don't like Westerners.
    He could not find not a single friendly one and they don't even smile or seem friendly to each other. He said they yell all the time.
    Their authoritarian shit is so cemented in their heads, that they wear T-shirts like "Rules are Great - Obey them!"
    Where did he stay ? A jail or Shanghai Market ?

My sister and brother in law live in Ningbo, China (population 8 million odd) with their 2 children (primary and secondary aged) and have for a number of years. They have found zero of the above.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast