Thread: Programming a Challenger alarm system

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Default Programming a Challenger alarm system

Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Small not for profit ham radio club here in Perth. currently have a Challenger alarm system (dont know model off hand but I can find out over the weekend.)

We used to rely on one of the club members to look after all our alarm needs, Mel had his own security company for many years in Perth trading as Select Alarms. Unfortunately Mel succumbed to Pancreatic cancer a short while ago and I have been asked if I would take on adding and removing user codes etc as each year we lose some members and have new ones join.

Can any Joe soap but the necessary software and interface cable? If so, from who? I just want to have the ability to add and remove users.

Eventually we would also like to add swipe card access to the club rooms. We have 3 doors to control and the 2 external doors already have the strikes fitted, just not wired up. This will remove the needs for us to keep a key register and fork out $25 per key when we need addition keys cut (security key).

Anyone able to help with interface cable & software, understand it is something we need to purchase. I so wish Mel was still around, I have so many questions he could have answered. But thems the breaks in life.

Cheers all

Tim..

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Hi Tim,

There are a few different softwares that go with the Challenger system, the most common being Titan. There are a few different ways to connect Titan to the system as well. I would suggest you to use the Tecom Mobile App to edit users instead, if the Challenger is up to date.

Thanks

Knowing who installed it and how long ago it was it will be a V8 so no app.....
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

you can use the RAS for adding/removing or changing codes. its quite simple to do it. and its free