Thread: Asiasat 5 - TVE audio now in AC3

Thanks

Default Asiasat 5 - TVE audio now in AC3

My parents came back from Spain last month and discovered that TVE no longer has any sound. After reading the threads here I thought it might be due to a weaker signal caused by the recent frequency change but the signal strength and quality are both nearly 100%. No other channels are affected. The only difference I can see is that the audio is encoded in AC3 while the other channels aren't.

The receiver seems to be receiving the audio signal as I can toggle between the two available audio streams qaa(dolby) and spa(dolby) but nothing plays on the TV. I'm guessing the receiver is passing through the audio signal unencoded to the TV over HDMI and the TV might be too old to decode? I have tried to hook it up to the receivers analogue audio out but still silent. It does have a coax out so reckon it doesn't have a built in ac3 decoder and relies on pass-through exclusively but not sure. It doesn't help that the TV's remote is busted and I haven't been able to find the "Info" IR frequency for the replacement universal remote to check what it is receiving!

Anyone have any ideas how I can figure out where the problem lies? Not to keen on randomly replacing components!

This looks like the box they are using and has been rock solid for 4 years up until now:

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Supernet 780 will not pick up sound on Asiasat 5 - TVE.

There is no firmware update to fix it.

It is cheaper to get another box.

Thanks

Angry

I had to use an Openbox z9 to get audio. The original box would not work with all audio out options. Now the problem is, tried to peak the TVE transponder but lost it ( also RAI and French 24 ). Using a 3 mt mesh dish with new LNB to filter LTE, WiFi, WiMAX & the like. Driving me nuts as it was working just before I had a meter to peak the gear. Anyone else having this issue ( noting their is a mobile tower close by ).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul02 View Post
    Using a 3 mt mesh dish with new LNB to filter LTE, WiFi, WiMAX & the like.).
    Which brand LNB ? Titanium didn't eliminate the interference...
    Have a read...