Thread: Montana Touchscreen Tip

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Default Montana Touchscreen Tip

Howdy Folks,

If you have a Garmin Montana and decide it's a good idea to clean finger prints off the screen while it's starting up be prepared to possibly have all user data erased & the device reset to factory default
    Mine always takes about 30 - 45 seconds on startup to load the tracks, waypoints, maps etc. before it gets to the stage it's touch screen is usable, or so I thought.
    I had a lint free cloth & cleaned the screen from side to side working from top down while it was going through this process.
    Next thing I know I'm looking at a screen that said "Are you sure you want to remove all user data?" and the Yes button was already highlighted.
    I tried to tap Cancel but it appears the Yes had already been pressed as it restarted itself & everything was gone, tracks, waypoints, settings, the lot

Easy fixed with backups of course but not so helpful a couple of hundred k's from those backups...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

mtv (06-09-19)

Look Here ->
    Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

When starting up & the green progress bar starts going across the bottom then wiping the screen side to side triggers this action by the device, must be one of those Garmin hidden menu things.
    I never went into anything the other day but it looks like it doesn't lose everything, just sets all settings back to default.
    All my previous saved tracks were still there, waypoints also, and I found a custom profile I was using previously.