Thread: NSW getting blown away.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default NSW getting blown away.

Went out today and saw the wind storm and heard reports on the radio. Coming through the local town everything was pitch black.
    Got in and grabbed the new head Laps I just bought in the last week. Rather than the Mrs laughing at me for looking like coal miner she was glad we had good hands free light to do things.
    Went up the shed and dragged the genny out and got a bunch of leads and LED Lights. Lit the house up Like Christmas just to make the neighbours jealous and hooked up the TV and the computer. I heard the neighbour Next door had his genny running and the TV going as well. Like me he's a guy that likes to be prepared and self reliant when need be. We were the only houses in the street I could see with any lights or signs of life for that matter.

Mrs cooked a nice dinner and we sat round watching movies and Drinking Coffee listening to the gale outside. I was pretty annoyed the net was out for a long time. I have crappy ADSL but the phone was working fine. When it finally came up I saw the severe wind warnings for most of the eastern seaboard of NSW in about 300KM by the look of it. Been some pretty bad winds recorded.

Going to be interesting to see what's happened around the local area and all over tomorrow. they are saying there will be severe winds in a lot of places for the next 24 Hours.
    Spose we'll be seeing the reporters standing round trying not to get blown off their feet so they can prove to everyone it was windy as if the obvious damage was not proof enough. The one thing I don't like about this place is how windy it gets here. I can still hear shit banging round outside. I have some pretty serious Torches and search lights but I can't see anything which kind of worries me. I had a solar panel tear itself out the shed roof a few weeks ago where it was well screwed down. There is a water tank at the back of the shed and I think it must create some sort of Freaky pressure effects as the prevailing wind blows over it. Always lifts just that one panel even though I have set it a panel width back from the edge of the roof. I screwed it down with clamps and metal strapping the other week so be interesting to see if it's stayed put. I have a horrible feeling it may not be where I left it.

Going to be a LOT of damage around tomorrow I reckon.
    Wonder if this is left over from the Dorian Cyclone that hit the US and other places?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (07-09-19)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

.............And you can bet you last $ that the globull warming zealots will be telling its your fault for firing up the genny !!!!!!