Hi All,

I've had a browse through the forum and spent many hours googling to try and find a cause/resolution to my issue.

I have built a PC (I have built hundreds over the years), it is nothing fancy, but it is used for business. I have six PC's that I have built and three laptops that are all used for the business. All work perfectly, except for this PC.

I has a Gigabyte ITX main board, Intel Core I5 8400, 16GB 2666Mhz Kingston HyperX Fury Ram (2x8GB), 500gb Crucial NVMe. Using onboard graphics and two AOC 24" monitors. Running windows 10 (1903), Office 2019, Visio 2016 and google chrome. Nothing else installed on it (Only basics like Acrobat reader etc.)

The issue is that some time throughout the day/night the system will become unresponsive and the CPU fan fires up. It never has an issue when the system is used by someone. All PC's are left on 24/7. When coming back in the morning, the CPU fan is running at a high speed and the system will not respond to anything. The screens are off after 20 minutes idle time, and moving the mouse and hitting any buttons on the keyboard do nothing. I have to power down the system and reboot.

It happens randomly. It may go for a week without a an issue, then other times it may happen once a day. I thought is might be Windows update as it was also happening regularly on a Wednesday night/Thursday morning, but disabled this, but it still keeps happening.

I have tried to review the event logs, but not understanding all of it, and not seeing anything obvious as to a cause each time.

I have replaced the ram and NVMe drive with different brands, and it still keeps happening. I have done clean install of windows about three times now.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to try and resolve this issue?

Thanks