Thread: A realistic look at Globull warming.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default A realistic look at Globull warming.

Professor has an objective look at globull warming putting the "is it real or not?" question aside to look at the bigger Picture.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Reschs (28-09-19)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

If u think that's a realistic look, then we are doomed....
    The guy shoots his own arguments down, yet forgets to point them out....

Tells us we need to stop consuming.
    Then tells us we need to nurish poor communities so they can become consumers...

All I've learnt from his speech is he admits there is a huge problem....
    One he has no answer for...

That's the realistic part

Peterson and his daughter are both fair alt people....
    Let's not drag his addiction to anti depressants into this either....
    What doctorit does he hold again?

However, I do appreciate his notion, that if there was a human correction to global warming, we wouldn't take it anyway...
    Because we are too busy becoming a developed country, race, species to care.

Progress and Development and a better life.....
    The great fake dream must live on.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 28-09-19 at 07:29 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (28-09-19),Onefella (28-09-19),peteramjet (28-09-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ol' boy View Post

The same one Greta Thunberg has I guess, but with all the chromosomes....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (29-09-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Globull warming is not the problem now - keep up with the game! It's called "Climate Change". We had global warming at the end of every ice-age, too, followed by cooling into the next ice-age. The facts are, Climate Changes, if you don't know that, just go and visit Melbourne for about 15 minutes.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

If u think that's a realistic look, then we are doomed....
    The guy shoots his own arguments down, yet forgets to point them out....

Tells us we need to stop consuming.
    Then tells us we need to nurish poor communities so they can become consumers...
    Comprehension and understanding are not your strong suites are they?

All I've learnt from his speech is he admits there is a huge problem....
    One he has no answer for...
    Yep, even when you get it you still don't realise it.

His point is NO ONE has an answer for it but they keep harping on it and ignoring problems that could be fixed. He says repeatedly its very complex but I guessed you missed that too.
    Do you have an effective solution to globull warming or are you just going to repeat the same dictated clap trap that's parroted repeatedly that is about as useful and practical as tits on a Bull?

Doctorit?? WTF?? I surmise you mean doctorate ?
    Who cares? He makes a lot of sense and certainly a hell of a lot more than a lot of people running round screaming the " Sky is falling" and gluing themselves to the road thinking that's going to achieve something. You prefer to give them credibility over this bloke? He states he sat on a board of the UN for some years studying this stuff. Only the ignorant would argue he doesen't know what he's talking about.

What doctorate do you have? Should we ignore everything you say if you don't have one?
    Wait, when it's put that way..... Hmm, maybe you might have something there....

However, I do appreciate his notion, that if there was a human correction to global warming, we wouldn't take it anyway...
    Because we are too busy becoming a developed country, race, species to care.
    You're getting warmer anyway. He spelled it out in black and white.... are you going to give up heating your house and business, are you going to give up your Iphoney, transportation, electricity? One I put to a young group at a gathering I was at last weekend, You going to stop putting your arses in Aeroplanes to go on all your trips 3 Times a year ( as they ALL do) or stop going out to all the night clubs and bars you frequent most every weekend and for the girls, wearing the same clothes out repeatedly instead of a new outfit every week?

Nope, none of them would do any of that past a token gesture and that's the whole problem. All this money ( and resources ) spent on a lot of talk and virtue signalling that's never going to amount to anything other than a lot of feel good and grandstanding to look virtuous to friends and other like minded people looking for acceptance in the heard of sheeple.

The whole point is even if you are 100% committed to the glo, cli... Wait, they just changed the name of it again, what they calling it this week? Globull weather Hysteria was it...??
    Anyway, if you believe in this Cult/ con they have been crapping on about for 10 years now, WHAT is the answer?
    The answer and Peterson's point, is there is NO answer and there isn't going to be one.
    Last edited by george65; 28-09-19 at 01:20 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Jma (28-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Globull warming is not the problem now - keep up with the game! It's called "Climate Change".
    No sorry, it's you that's not keeping up... not that I can see how any normal person could or why they would be bothered.......
    They changed the name again in the last week or few I read.

One definition I read was " Climate emergency" but the do gooders have approved 3 other titles I forget ( mainly because I was laughing so much after hearing the Climate emergency one) as well which are also acceptable and required in many platforms.

I guess if the weather isn't changing fast enough to meet your agenda, you can always keep changing the name to keep the hysteria alive and the religion pulling in the bucks.

The warming thing fell on it's arse when Europe nearly froze to death a few years back and the cold has been often repeated since.
    Does not bide well for the cause you are pushing when more than half the audience you are trying to con are wishing like no tomorrow for some warmth and you are making a big song and dance against it.

The climate change I think was getting a bit shaky too when all these annoying and inconvenient to the argument facts keep coming out that the weather and the things they are crying about isn't changing near quick enough or the way they predicted either. Sea levels are NOT rising, the Great Barrier Reef is NOT dying, temps are NOT going up, they are coming down, there are MORE trees than there were 100 years ago and so the argument falters.

To me the whole term " Climate change" was idiotic. If the weather changing is such a terrible thing and you want to stop it, by extrapolation you want the weather to be the same and never change. I see some SIGNIFICANT problems with that. What weather do we ultimately want then? Spring, Autumn?

I want to move where it's 25oC all year round. If they can organise that, then I'm all on board with this globull, err Climate,,, umm, weather....err,,, Green leftist, pC Cult religion road gluing thing...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

I see the guru of the climate change cult has "special powers".....

Bwahahahaha............FFS.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (29-09-19),Jma (28-09-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    To me the whole term " Climate change" was idiotic. If the weather changing is such a terrible thing and you want to stop it, by extrapolation you want the weather to be the same and never change. I see some SIGNIFICANT problems with that. What weather do we ultimately want then? Spring, Autumn?
    The problem is people confusing ‘weather’ with ‘climate’.

Weather is the day to day, short term change in the atmosphere that generally affects our daily life, eg. hot in your city today, raining tomorrow.

Climate is the long term atmospheric change that affects wider regions, eg. cool and wet weather over the lower east coast in one season being replaced over many decades with warm weather and less rain in the same season.

There is a reason the world is no longer in an ice age, and it’s got nothing to do with weather and all to do with a changed climate. Climate ‘change’ occurs - it is a proven truth and not simply a scientific hypothesis. Anybody who says otherwise is an idiot.

The question is what effect, if any, humans and their actions have on that change. If humans do have an effect, is this effect detrimental? If it is detrimental, will reducing CO2 emissions make a difference? If a reduction does make a difference, how much do we need to reduce?

These are the question that need answering before we even look are ‘combating’ climate change.

There is significant scientific research that advances the hypothesis, even the fact, that humans are having an adverse effect on the climate. But this research should never be considered the ‘truth’, as scientific research is never final.

Just this week, scientific reports relied upon in the latest IPCC “The Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate” paper were fully retracted, meaning the projections in that report cannot be replied upon.

On the question of ‘climate change’, Professor Peterson, while clearly an intelligent man, simply claims ‘nothing’ can be done, without seeking to understand if anything even needs to be done. In that video he seeks to negate discussion by advancing unrelated theories. It is not an objective look at climate change, nor does it even broach the issue of whether (human) climate change is real.

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

Jma (28-09-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Comprehension and understanding are not your strong suites are they?

Yep, even when you get it you still don't realise it.

His point is NO ONE has an answer for it but they keep harping on it and ignoring problems that could be fixed. He says repeatedly its very complex but I guessed you missed that too.
    Do you have an effective solution to globull warming or are you just going to repeat the same dictated clap trap that's parroted repeatedly that is about as useful and practical as tits on a Bull?

Doctorit?? WTF?? I surmise you mean doctorate ?
    Who cares? He makes a lot of sense and certainly a hell of a lot more than a lot of people running round screaming the " Sky is falling" and gluing themselves to the road thinking that's going to achieve something. You prefer to give them credibility over this bloke? He states he sat on a board of the UN for some years studying this stuff. Only the ignorant would argue he doesen't know what he's talking about.

What doctorate do you have? Should we ignore everything you say if you don't have one?
    Wait, when it's put that way..... Hmm, maybe you might have something there....

You're getting warmer anyway. He spelled it out in black and white.... are you going to give up heating your house and business, are you going to give up your Iphoney, transportation, electricity? One I put to a young group at a gathering I was at last weekend, You going to stop putting your arses in Aeroplanes to go on all your trips 3 Times a year ( as they ALL do) or stop going out to all the night clubs and bars you frequent most every weekend and for the girls, wearing the same clothes out repeatedly instead of a new outfit every week?

Nope, none of them would do any of that past a token gesture and that's the whole problem. All this money ( and resources ) spent on a lot of talk and virtue signalling that's never going to amount to anything other than a lot of feel good and grandstanding to look virtuous to friends and other like minded people looking for acceptance in the heard of sheeple.

The whole point is even if you are 100% committed to the glo, cli... Wait, they just changed the name of it again, what they calling it this week? Globull weather Hysteria was it...??
    Anyway, if you believe in this Cult/ con they have been crapping on about for 10 years now, WHAT is the answer?
    The answer and Peterson's point, is there is NO answer and there isn't going to be one.

Thank you for making my day!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

“She can see carbon dioxide with the naked eye. She sees how it flows out of chimneys and changes the atmosphere in a landfill.”

Isn't it amazing that a disciple of a religious like cult that is forever banging on about " Science", claims to be able to able to do the scientifically impossible.
    If it were the other side arguing this, they would be shot down in flames and the "science " card rolled out to show how completely ridiculous the concept is.

Thanks

Thank you for making my day!
    You're welcome.
    For your days to be so bleak that was the highlight, you have my sympathies.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Globull warming is not the problem now - keep up with the game! It's called "Climate Change". We had global warming at the end of every ice-age, too, followed by cooling into the next ice-age. The facts are, Climate Changes, if you don't know that, just go and visit Melbourne for about 15 minutes.
    Melbourne, beautiful one moment, sh1thouse the next, and I live here and love it
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following User Says Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (29-09-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

I just Googled Greta Thunberg and it took me to the BOLT Report from Andrew Bolt and saw his video and I agree with him as the person or person that is responsible for feeding this derange girl this should be arrested and charged with Child Abuse. This Girl has Asperger Syndrome and depend which version she has (my Son has it but he is the opposite of her and he is very very quite and cannot go where the Public is) this girl it would be impossible to tell her the facts because she is hell bent that the earth will die in 10 years because of Climate Change. Her version of Asperger Syndrome that she has could eventually tell her to commit suicide all because she think that the Earth will die soon and she has to go first not to see this.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post

Stop picking on her, she has better eye sight than you
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allover For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (01-10-19),enf (01-10-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Her version of Asperger Syndrome that she has could eventually tell her to commit suicide all because she think that the Earth will die soon and she has to go first not to see this.
    A VERY dangerous situation to put a person in with such a condition.

I remember as a kid watching something on TV and being terrified the world was going to end with a Nuke Bomb. Might have been around the Cuban Crisis but it was the talking point on the TV and had me petrified for some months. I remember my mother taking me to a Councillor over it.

I believe that the tide is already turning on all this Hysteria and in the foreseeable future the scam will have run it's course, people will be fed up and the media will quietly drop it while the alarmists will either deny ever falling for it or still crap on it is real.

There will be no escaping for this young girl and she will be attached to the Climate change cult pretty much for the rest of her life.
    I think she will continue to profit from that when she becomes an adult by playing victim but she will ultimately go from hero to most likley , laughing stock. That I believe will weigh heavily on her and I think compound the problems that she is Ill equipped to handle now. The hero to zero would be a lot for anyone to come to terms with and no matter how much the MSM will sympathise and Pat her on the head and make out it wasn't her fault, she will always have the whispers and criticisms and they will very much get to her.

One thing in her rant to the UN was correct. She SHOULD be at school not in front of the UN and they are putting her in situations she should not be in.
    A person with her difficulties needs routine, structure and security not the life she is living now. Who the hell in their right mind would put any kid like her on a small yacht to cross an ocean and shit in a bucket on the way across?

I think in time this whole weather bullshit will be exposed and the follow up will be what the hell were these people doing to this poor kid that an right thinking person would never put in such a situation.

I'd like to see who is paying her and her parents and how much. No question in my mind there are some BIG handouts going on here.
    Maybe she can set herself up to carry her through the rest of her life. Hopefully she woun't be traumatised beyond redemption in the process.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I believe that the tide is already turning on all this Hysteria and in the foreseeable future the scam will have run it's course, people will be fed up and the media will quietly drop it while the alarmists will either deny ever falling for it or still crap on it is real.
    This globull warming hysteria is like yo-yo's IMHO, all of a sudden all the kids have them, then six months later they disappear for another 3 years

Imagine if a conservative did this to their mentally damaged child, I would imagine said child would be taken from her abusive parents in a flash and placed in 'care'

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

enf (01-10-19),george65 (01-10-19)