Thread: Phone charging

Thanks

Default Phone charging

I'm going to buy a phone holder for my car. Still trying to decide which one yet.
    Thought I might as well go with one with built in wireless charger.
    So, my question is this : How will the phone react if I place it on the wireless charging holder while it's plugged in to the cigarette lighter ? (meaning , it will have two charging sources available (connected) at the same time)

So I'm wondering if the phone will be confused or will it simply choose one of the sources automatically ?

Reason for the question is I use Android auto, which requires the phone to be plugged to the head unit for use. The head unit will charge the phone at the same time.
    Wireless charging with the holder will be handy for those times I don't use Android auto, plus they are rated as fast charge.

The same scenario in your home would be placing the phone on a fast charging pad while also connected to the standard phone charger by cable.

For ref : My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

The device will be charged but only through the Wired charger.
    Even when the device started the charging through the wireless charging pad firstly and then was connected with wired charger later, the device will be charged only through wired charger.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

loopyloo (11-10-19),sail (23-11-19),Tiny (10-10-19)