Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Kids these days.

  1. #1
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    799
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 860 Times in 386 Posts
    Rep Power
    379
    Reputation
    16774

    Default Kids these days.

    I was up the country this week and talking to my mechanic mate.
    He was lamenting problems with his 17 Yo son. Kid has had his P plates about 6 Months and on his 7th car so far. Father has got him several decent cars but he's not happy with them because they are not cool enough for him, not fast enough, including a forester Turbo and Ford turbo and he thrashes the things to death.
    Mate realised his mistake in giving him money for these things then fixing them at his own cost.

    Son wanted more money for another one and Mate said no, you owe me enough, you are never happy, Up to you from now. Next thing kid is posting a whinge running the mother and father down ( remarried and separate) and making out they are the worst in the world because they " Wouldn't get him the car he really wanted"...... Whatever the fk that is!

    He rang father few days after his social outburst again to help him with the latest car he'd ruined and mate questioned him about the post.
    Kid complained that his father wouldn't give him more money for this latest rush of blood to the head and mate said no, I have put you in 4 good cars so far and you either sell or ruin them and then expect me to pay the majority for another one. Mate said time to stand on your own feet now son, I have done enough.

    Kid turns round and calls him all the Names under the sun and tells him he can go fk himself.

    I couldn't believe it when he told me. Kid has always been a precious little shit but mate is one of the most generous people with his time I know and helps out people he doesen't even like because he thinks it's the right thing to do. I have seen some of the cars he gave the little shit, The forester Turbo was a great car but the kid got rid of it because " Driving an auto put him to sleep and his mates laughed at him." I told the kid at the time, you should have kept the car and got yourself some new and better mates.

    I can see how heart broken my mate is that the son has gone off at him like that. I'd certainly be heart broken if my son ever said anything to me in that vein wondering where the hell I went wrong?
    The kid is a twit no 2 ways about it but to be that self centred and ungrateful after all the father has done for him all his damn life is incredible. He is telling people that when he finishes school, He's going to go into the executive program for the shop he packs shelves for 4 hours a week, earn a fortune, buy the car he wants, a house and... get himself an asian bride. What 17yo white kid goes round telling people he's going to get an asian Bride like they are some sort of Commodity? He's not right in the head I reckon.

    Mate is on his 2nd marriage and the new wife also has kids. Her Ex bought their daughter a current Model BMW demo when she got her licence earlier in the year and the daughter bitched because it was a used car and not a brand new one. Her father was wiser than she gave him credit for, she wrote it off 3 months after she got it.

    My kids had brilliant friends in every way that have all grown up to be fine young adults but so many things you hear of precious little shits that need a punch in the face these days is incredible. Some of the girls my daughter works with are self centred little bitches even by her admission and she can't get over how they talk and treat their parents let alone everyone else.

    I feel so much for my mate. The little shit son was an IVF baby and his father has worshipped him all his life. He's tried to support him and done so much for the sons benefit and this is what he gets.
    Ever I run across the little prick again, I will tell him exactly what I think of the little bastard.

    I had a falling out with my father and I didn't talk to him for 10 years. I never called him what my mates son did or even near it. I remember the conversation well when I told him calmly I didn't want to keep in touch any more, we were different people and pretending there was something there because we were father and son was pointless. We settled our difference's when My son was born and are now close but I had more civility and respect in my little finger for my father even when I din't want anything to do with him than so many of these kids have now.
    Had a few rows with my kids as teenagers but they never called me things like my mates kid called him and he had less reason to call him things than my kids had to not call me half as bad.

    There are, thank your preferred Daiety, a LOT of good kids out there but geez Louise, there are some REAL little mongerals and it's not because they came from bad homes or had parents that didn't love and care for them. Cases I have seen first hand couldn't be more opposite. Just seems a social mentality with so many kids now that their parents are all bastards and they are embarrassed by them rather than having any brains, decency or respect for them which they have well earned.
    I wonder what these kids are going to get from their Kids?

    Plenty of payback I hope.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

    alpha0ne (21-10-19),eaglem (21-10-19),enf (20-10-19),Mr 672A (21-10-19),PZ. (21-10-19),SS Dave (21-10-19),VroomVroom (21-10-19)



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Premium Member
    SS Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Canberra
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,253
    Thanks
    2,900
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 477 Posts
    Rep Power
    750
    Reputation
    29502

    Default

    You can only hope that Karma comes in to play.

    I have had to work for everything. Free car from the parents yer right I got nothing and I would not have dared talk like that to my parents like kids do today.

    Kids just expect (demand) that the parent's will get them any thing they want and society seems to think they must give it to them because if you don't your a abusive, unfit parent. It also seems that parents have no control over kids in this day and ages. I have seen 12 year old's hanging around shopping centers at 10pm on-wards school nights probably looking for a car to steal,someone to mug and because there under 18 a slap on the wrist with a feather is the worst they will get.


    I know of a 35 year that's only worked 4 week's in his life and thinks he will land a high paying job (Management would be nice $700+ pw) working about 4 hours a day and 3 or 4 days week say midday till 4pm so he can get home to be online after his meal is served to him that he eats in his room and only comes out for coffee and toilet breaks, had to have the fastest internet for gaming has subsidised poxtel IQ in room uses the dole to get the latest game consoles and the mum can't see anything wrong.
    He is just a night owl I hear. He had a job 14 years ago the started at 5:30 pm finished at 11 pm but after 2 weeks had problems getting there on time ( Cutting in to the online gaming time I think)until after the 5th time late to work it was don't come back.It seems kids to day have no respect for property and or people and rules don't apply to them.

    At least my 2 daughters have got there heads screwed on properly both in full time employment living in there own place's with there own cars/bikes,furniture etc etc. They know that help is only a phone call away an have called in the odd request but they both would rather do it on there own.

    That's my rant.

    SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

  • The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (21-10-19),enf (20-10-19),george65 (20-10-19),gulliver (23-10-19),VroomVroom (21-10-19)

  • #3
    Super Moderator
    enf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canberra
    Age
    65
    Posts
    13,912
    Thanks
    12,225
    Thanked 20,522 Times in 6,137 Posts
    Rep Power
    7720
    Reputation
    355649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Dave View Post
    .................................................. .

    At least my 2 daughters have got there heads screwed on properly both in full time employment living in there own place's with there own cars/bikes,furniture etc etc. They know that help is only a phone call away an have called in the odd request but they both would rather do it on there own.

    That's my rant.

    SS Dave
    Got 6 kids, and they are the same. Making their way through life with me in the background if really needed............not often they ask.

    Good rant.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

  • The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (21-10-19),gulliver (23-10-19),Keith (21-10-19),SS Dave (20-10-19)

  • #4
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,875
    Thanks
    2,191
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 620 Posts
    Rep Power
    556
    Reputation
    19003

    Default

    @george65 i feel sorry for your mate but the best way for him to fix this is to " be cruel to be kind" as hard as it is. The little turd should not be driving anything turbo to begin with and buying him more fast cars without the jackass paying for them himself is just enabling the problem.

    Tell your friend not to feel guilty either - sometimes your kids can be your kids but they are completely different people , you cant help or change that!!

  • The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

    enf (21-10-19),george65 (21-10-19)

  • #5
    Premium Member RedXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    203
    Thanked 104 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    186
    Reputation
    1564

    Default

    When my daughter was old enough to make her Debutante or whatever u call it I asked her if she really wanted to do it or was she doing it because all her friends were doing it.

    She really wasnt fussed about it so I offered to pay for her Debutante Dress or I would buy her a car. She opted for a car, nothing special a 1998 hyundai excel manual.

    She learnt to drive in it and kept it for 3 years while she saved money ( and even offered to pay back the money for the car ) to upgrade to a newer second hand car.

    She purchased a new car recently and reminded me how much it meant to her all those years ago, and I must admit she has always looked after not just her cars but everything she has.

    cheers thomo

  • The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedXT For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (21-10-19),enf (21-10-19),SS Dave (21-10-19)

  • #6
    Premium Lager

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,653
    Thanks
    1,489
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Rep Power
    1009
    Reputation
    35455

    Default

    At some stage in life a child has on walk on their own, what a better opportunity then when the parent pulls financial support. The parent just has to be tough and not weaken.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

  • The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

    enf (21-10-19),SS Dave (21-10-19),VroomVroom (22-10-19)

  • #7
    Premium Member
    SS Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Canberra
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,253
    Thanks
    2,900
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 477 Posts
    Rep Power
    750
    Reputation
    29502

    Default

    I can see that some parents are emotionally blackmailed by their kids in to giving them any thing they want but I can guarantee that wasn't me.

    I also believe that when kids get every thing they what that gives them no respect to the items they have be it cars,phones,what ever. Until the day they need to get a job and how long it takes and save up on a burger flipper's wage for that car or bike whey want and it's a sudden realization how much that 2015 M3 BMW really cost to by let alone fix when they brake it

    SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

    enf (21-10-19)

  • #8
    Senior Member
    PZ.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,827
    Thanks
    1,049
    Thanked 874 Times in 492 Posts
    Rep Power
    436
    Reputation
    11637

    Default

    I've always said the best gift you can give to a kid is the gift of independence and the knowledge of how to obtain it.

    Anything else is a poisoned chalice.

  • The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PZ. For This Useful Post:

    alpha0ne (21-10-19),enf (21-10-19),SS Dave (21-10-19)

  • #9
    Premium Member
    SS Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Canberra
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,253
    Thanks
    2,900
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 477 Posts
    Rep Power
    750
    Reputation
    29502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    @george65 i feel sorry for your mate but the best way for him to fix this is to " be cruel to be kind" as hard as it is. The little turd should not be driving anything turbo to begin with and buying him more fast cars without the jackass paying for them himself is just enabling the problem.

    Tell your friend not to feel guilty either - sometimes your kids can be your kids but they are completely different people , you cant help or change that!!
    In this case I would say the same.

    SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

  • #10
    LSemmens
    lsemmens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rural South OZ
    Posts
    8,309
    Thanks
    7,664
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 2,396 Posts
    Rep Power
    2138
    Reputation
    88300

    Default

    I am blessed in that all 4 of mine can stand on their own two feet. They've never tried the blackmail routine, and have all worked for whatever they have. Their employers do not easily let them go whenever they have been headhunted for a new job, and that happens quite regularly. Their kids are all still young but I do not see any of the "world owes me" attitude in them yet.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

  • The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (26-10-19)

  • #11
    Premium Member
    Mr 672A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Posts
    3,460
    Thanks
    924
    Thanked 917 Times in 542 Posts
    Rep Power
    521
    Reputation
    15845

    Default

    After seeing Extinction Rebellion and other stories like this that are most young I have no respect for any young today. I have heard many stories from older people that are similar to george65 but the worst story was from My solicitor friend that had a client that was being Blackmailed by his Daughter that the Father TOUCH HER. The Father denied this but she did not go to the Police but she continually wanted money as she said to him I WILL TELL THE POLICE Everything although she was later recorded to saying to here Friend that when she was 12 and was sick the girl shi.t herself and her Father had to clean her up including scraping the shi.t out of her fanny and the girl was using this plus more juicy ADDED stuff to Blackmail him about this one and only incident.

    Apparently according to my solicitor friend this guy is loaded with $$$$ and this girl is now 24 year old and has NEVER HAD A JOB, she is a Give me Child and the Father spoiled her rotten buy given her money so she does not need to work but that not enough and after a fallout with her father she blackmailed him as he stopped given her any Money.
    She wanted a House in a Prestige area, A Good Car, at least $1500 a week for spending and that the starter all because she twisted the truth on what happened to her when she was 12.

    But what she got was to Services of my solicitor Friend , Plus a Private Investigator, Plus the Video Man, + all the other gadgets to record what she was up to and after she was Busted she stopped with this rubbish.
    Now after this I asked My Solicitor Friend, Did you call the Police to get this Girl Charged? he said NO because he is still his Daughter and does not want to get her (She suck up to his Father) in any more trouble as for the first time she will have to get a Job and support herself
    I said to my Solicitor friend, What in the FU.kkk !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@! I would disown her and make sure she gets noting when he dies as her Mother died apparently died when she was 5 or 8 years old and she was the Only Child. Also my Solicitor friend told me I have had a Few Case like this in the last few years and most of the time its all about money nothing else because the Child knows the Jury will believe them.
    Its Fu.kinmg Disgrace what a Child will do to get their hand on Money and this alone sicken me.
    Not responsible for any post written after the 28/10/2014. My pet hate, Corrupt Politicians, Corrupt Legal System + a legal system Australia wide that does not allow you to sue a Solicitor or Barrister for Professional Negligence (as Stated by the Law Society and prominent Lawyers) and Corrupt Cops. Not necessarily in this order. Please Note Lawyers are PROTECTED SPECIES IN THIS COUNTRY, PROTECTED FROM THEIR F..K UPS

  • The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

    eaglem (26-10-19)

  • #12
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    799
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 860 Times in 386 Posts
    Rep Power
    379
    Reputation
    16774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    I've always said the best gift you can give to a kid is the gift of independence and the knowledge of how to obtain it.
    That was always what I tried to instill in my kids, particularly my son. In hindsight I think I went too hard on it and I have deep regrets for that.
    I left home when I was 12 and pretty much had to teach myself everything. I was working full time at 15 and reflecting on that I think I pushed my son too hard to be independent where I should have helped him more.

    That said, both my kids have had a job, at least 1 Job since they were old enough to work. They did do well everywhere they went. My son got every job he every applied for. I think too many parents go the opposite to what I did and Molly coddle their kids too much. I KNOW my friend has done this but after all he went through just to have a child in the first place, it's hardly without reason. Somewhere between his outlook and mine there is a happy medium.

    Just the same, I don't put the attitude of many of the brat kids down to the parents influence alone. All my kids friends are great kids, not a Dud among them. That says something to me. Your kids hang out with other deadshits and they have a good chance of being deadshits themselves. Hang with the right crowd and they are pretty much guaranteed to be on the right track. I think this is a problem with my mates son. He's not blessed with a lot of intelligence and as such I think he's fallen in with a heard of self centered little mongerals that think the world owes them something. Maybe an amount of them come from broken homes or welfare bludgers and this is where the mentality starts.

    Mates stepdaughter never grew up in that but she was still a selfish little bitch so who knows.

    I look at human garbage like my stepbrother and his equally rorting, criminal, bludging wife and their 6 kids. One has already done time. One that showed the most promise went in the Navy but apparently got kicked out. There is a fair way back to the other 4 But what chance have they got? They are being brought up in a home where both parents bludge and fein excuses to get welfare, they are always in some rort and often in trouble with the police when they do it, they don't pay their bills and are always dodging collectors and so it goes. They will be lucky not to grow up career criminals with what they are being exposed to every day.

    At least they won't grow up bludging off the parents knowing the parents have nothing to give them.

    There will however be no sense of putting in hard work to get ahead or working for what they want. It will all be scamming and lying and cheating.
    They are living in some shelter house for women now because the mother is " claiming" the stepbrother beat her but that's an act because it jumped the list waiting for a handout house. What gets me is the stepbrother is allowed to stay with them in this shelter when he's supposedly beaten her.

    The system sets itself up to be ripped off and taken advantage of like this.

  • #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    799
    Thanks
    199
    Thanked 860 Times in 386 Posts
    Rep Power
    379
    Reputation
    16774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    After seeing Extinction Rebellion and other stories like this that are most young I have no respect for any young today.
    You are wrong to think that way. You are wrong 100X over to think these Road Gluers in any way represent young people these days. I don't know one young person who's solution to these morons isn't " Run them over" and think they are a joke and should be locked up at least. I was talking to some of my daughters friends about this exact thing 2 weeks ago.

    I didn't have much of an opinion of young people either a few years back but I was ignorant and stupid to think that way. I had my eyes opened and karma kick the shit out of me in realisation though. The generosity of my kids friends, their maturity and kindness since we lost our son has astounded me over and over. They have done things I would not have thought of ever and their kindness, generosity and thoughtfulness is beyond what I could even begin to contemplate.

    Even now, 4 years later they just keep on amazing us. We had a new kitchen installed a few weeks ago and as several of them are tradies in their own business, we wanted to give them the work. They came, all did great jobs then refused to take anything for it. I literally couldn't throw money at them. One fella said I don't take money from family and you will all always be family to all of us. Brought more than one tear to my eye. Been trying to get this young fella and My daughter together for years. Definately a young man I could love and trust with a son and be happy my daughter was with. Not going to happen but I hope to hell she finds a fine young bloke just like him.

    These extinction / climate pieces of shit are NOT representative of young people in anyway other than they show absolute dregs of society. If you have lost respect for all young people because of them, I'm sorry, but you are a fool and very misguided. A lot of these idiots are not all that young anyway. I saw a piece on a protest the other day and several of them looked like the local town derros that took the day off garbage picking. No one's called them young in 40 years.

    The young people I know personally are all just finishing their uni degrees they have all paid for themselves or making successful trade or non professional careers. I don't know one single kid like my mates little turd of a son, not one. They have all pretty much been given hand me down cars or a contribution from the parents to buy something basic and been stoked and very thankful to get them. I have helped one of my sons friends buy a few cars now checking them out for him but he has paid for them all himself by working hard. He also carrys on for me spending an afternoon with him like I gave him a kidney and is actually a bit over the top in his appreciation for a simple thing I do. Couldn't be further from someone who expects handouts and none of the others are any different I have seen.

    Last time I saw these climate nutters protesting, the age range seemed pretty wide. It's also not Grizzla Dumbird behind going to the UN, it's her parents and they need to charged with a number of offences for what they are doing to that Kid as do others that are perpetuating it and they aren't in the young category either.

    Sure, there are loads of Dole Bludging deadshit kids out there in hell hole suburbs all scamming and working their way up the criminal chain. There are plenty like my mates son that think the world owes them a favour. They tend to be a bit below the kids of my daughters age but certainly not an exclusive group.
    The fascination and despair I had with my mates kid was how ANY kid can be like that and I spose although not saying it, wondering how kids from good families with loving attentive parents get like that? Yes, there are plenty of them and it is a definite mentality BUT, it would be wrong to write them all off as precious little shits because they are a minority but a very visable and significant one.

    Thankfully there are a lot more kids that are productive members of society that will settle down, buy their own homes, as hard as that will be, have families and be all round decent people that their parents can be Bloody proud of.


    [/QUOTE]I have heard many stories from older people that are similar to george65 but the worst story was from My solicitor friend that had a client that was being Blackmailed by his Daughter that the Father TOUCH HER.[/QUOTE]

    A mates sister accused her father of the same thing. Absolutely devastated the man. It was my mate and his brother that went to the cops and defended him and shot a lot of her story down. Nothing came of it but the hurt will never fade for my mates father.
    She was well into her 30's when she made the allegations and that was about 15 years back now so it's not a recent thing with young kids either.

    They aren't all perfect but funny enough, neither were the generation before them or the generation before that. The kids I know personally as friends of my kids are a great bunch and I'd take a bullet for any of them.
    They are not the ones protesting and being self centred little shits, they are the ones you don't hear, see or notice and therefore if you don't have personal contact with a lot of young people, are getting a very maligned impression.

    Come meet my kids friends and you'll quickly change your completely wrong ( and it is flat out wrong) opinion.
    Last edited by george65; 21-10-19 at 09:42 PM.

  • #14
    LSemmens
    lsemmens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rural South OZ
    Posts
    8,309
    Thanks
    7,664
    Thanked 4,852 Times in 2,396 Posts
    Rep Power
    2138
    Reputation
    88300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    These extinction / climate pieces of shit are NOT representative of young people in anyway other than they show absolute dregs of society. If you have lost respect for all young people because of them, I'm sorry, but you are a fool and very misguided. A lot of these idiots are not all that young anyway. I saw a piece on a protest the other day and several of them looked like the local town derros that took the day off garbage picking. No one's called them young in 40 years.

    Last time I saw these climate nutters protesting, the age range seemed pretty wide. It's also not Grizzla Dumbird behind going to the UN, it's her parents and they need to charged with a number of offences for what they are doing to that Kid as do others that are perpetuating it and they aren't in the young category either.

    Sure, there are loads of Dole Bludging deadshit kids out there in hell hole suburbs all scamming and working their way up the criminal chain. There are plenty like my mates son that think the world owes them a favour. They tend to be a bit below the kids of my daughters age but certainly not an exclusive group.
    Agreed! Most of my kids friends growing up were all helpful and generous with their time and talents. Most are all all married and gainfully employed now. Some even have their own businesses.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •