Thread: first Satellite install

Thanks

Red face first Satellite install

Good afternoon guys, so i have done my first sat install, picked up a used 2.3m mesh dish for 25, got a skysat v10 box and a new c band lnb, connected her up to instelsat19 and she is working well i think, i get a dish strength of 80% and a signal strength of about 60, most of the channels are working very well

so what i am seeing now is when i do a blind scan i pick up heaps of transponders, but some fail to get signal, so i checked my sat settings and saw i still had it set onto ku frequency which i was playing around with before i got the new c band. but i changed it and it made the signal strength worse, i went from 10700fq to 5150 but it seems to not like it at all? i can get some photos/videos to show what i am talking about,

i set my focus to about 38 on the notches and have a skew sitting roughly in the 5/6pm location, could it come down to fine tuning? or am i missing something?

im still really new at this so any advice or help would be really appreciated! thanks guys
    Last edited by fznx92; 25-10-19 at 06:16 PM.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

More info needed.

Where are you located?

Which IS19 transponder/frequency are you using to tune? (the majority of signals are encrypted = subscription paytv)

What elevation and azimuth settings is the dish set to?

What model of C-Band LNB are you using?

(Most C-Band LNB's have output connectors on the rear, not on the side, which is a bit confusing when you say skew is "sitting roughly in the 5/6pm location".

Yes, photos/videos is always useful.

Entering your location and desired satellite into gives you approximate dish settings.

Thanks

Im located in adelaide mtv

im just using the blind scan function in my satbox to see what it will find, ive got about 45 degrees from 0, not sure on the elevation of the dish. i tried to use dish pointer but it ended up being about 2-5 degrees different from where it was getting me to point the dish,

definitely is connected to is19 and im using nhk and its working awesome. the lnb is labled smartsat and according to its data specs it uses 5050fq but changing it to 10700 it works so much better, why would that be?

yeah my c band is rear plugged, i just got used to the 5/6 skew from using the sharp ku lnb before this one haha

so after it scans transponders it picks up about 30 but it fails on some of them which is why i was wondering if it was to do with settings or thats just what it is ment to do i will attach photos soon just have to download them off my phone