Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Batterham - Remember him

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Being charged with murder was wayyyyyy over the top IMHO, I would bet a few sheckles that if the low life had been white the response would have been different.

At least the low lifes kids get the chance of growing up without the influence of their scum father which would have to be the biggest win out of this drama

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-11-19),VroomVroom (21-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

O[I]utside court Slater's mother Beryl Dickson said it was a tragedy that his children would grow up without a father.

A violent Career criminal father off his tits on ice?
    I'd say if anything they Dodged a bullet and now have a better chance of growing up as worthwhile and productive members of society.
    No guarantees , still the influence of the rest of the family to overcome but a step in the right direction.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-11-19),hinekadon (20-11-19),VroomVroom (21-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

I hope Mr Batterham sues the Crown and the low life's family for putting him through that misery!!!! He was the victim in all this and always will be.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (21-11-19),george65 (21-11-19),gulliver (21-11-19),ol' boy (21-11-19),SS Dave (22-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    O[I]utside court Slater's mother Beryl Dickson said it was a tragedy that his children would grow up without a father.

A violent Career criminal father off his tits on ice?
    I'd say if anything they Dodged a bullet and now have a better chance of growing up as worthwhile and productive members of society.
    No guarantees , still the influence of the rest of the family to overcome but a step in the right direction.

Anything that can stand up in public & say that the kids would be better off that lowlife in their lives should have any children in their care removed & be sterilized to ensure that they cannot breed.

Thanks

He was the victim in all this and always will be.
    Usually the way it goes these days, especially if the perp is one of the protected species everyone is supposed to feel universally sorry for and can do no wrong. If they do something that -seems- wrong, it's not their fault, someone else is responsible, it's not them. It was the system failed in their up brining, there wasn't this or that handed to them, they were depressed or my favourite, they were on Drugs. I'm not in that world but I'm pretty sure no pusher ever put a gun to anyone's head and forced them to take their shit.

Like this clown, he had a lethal amount of shit in his system. To me he'd already committed suicide, He just hadn't keeled over yet. Given another hour, he'd just be another OD'd worthless POS lying in a gutter somewhere like happens everyday and is run of the mill. That very fact alone should have been enough not to charge the VICTIM for anything.

The person they bashed, robbed, murdered or raped is made out to be the guilty party especially when the real low life gets their arses handed back to them on a platter. If they are shot by cops or killed in the commission of their crime, no matter how heinous, they " Never deserved to die" because they were such good people. Yeah, right.
    You don't want to die, then not going committing crimes is a good start to stacking the odds in your favour.

I remember seeing news reports of a guy in the US that went into a store and shot a young kid who was 17 Dead. A guy who was packing nailed him several times after he wounded someone else and the POS Died. Of course the family came out screaming and crying they guy had no right to interfere ( WTF???) and their kind, honest, wonderful son didn't deserve to loose his life and had rights. Rightfully that went no where other than the typical BS response from the cops not to take matters into your own hands and call them.
    Wonder how many others in the place would have died before they showed up?

Makes you want to throw up .

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (21-11-19)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Interesting to also read that the deceased was a convicted child rapist.

Only later would Mr Batterham discover the man who had broken into his seven-month-old daughter’s bedroom was the convicted rapist of a teenage girl. At the time he was carrying three knives, a pair of scissors, three new Apple iPhones, a smart watch, four MDMA (ecstasy) tablets, two prescription pills and Suboxone Film, an opiate used to treat heroin addicts, plus $570 in cash.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

george65 (21-11-19),lsemmens (21-11-19),VroomVroom (22-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Interesting to also read that the deceased was a convicted child rapist.
    Only later would Mr Batterham discover the man who had broken into his seven-month-old daughter’s bedroom was the convicted rapist of a teenage girl. At the time he was carrying three knives, a pair of scissors, three new Apple iPhones, a smart watch, four MDMA (ecstasy) tablets, two prescription pills and Suboxone Film, an opiate used to treat heroin addicts, plus $570 in cash.

And he was Higher than a kite on crack. With all that, they put the guy whose house he broke into on trial??

WTF is wrong with the legal system these days? Should have instantly nominated Batterham for a OAM for service to the community!
    Last edited by george65; 21-11-19 at 10:45 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (22-11-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

Couldn't agree with you more. Even if they were silly enough to charge him, he should not have been put in custody based on the events leading up to the incident.

I see the deceased's family have been shouting "Watch your back for the rest of your life" etc at him outside court. Some quality folk there for sure.

Thanks

The mother of an ice-addict burglar who was killed after breaking into a young man’s home launched into a furious tirade outside court, warning him to “look over your back for the rest of your … life.”
    Only later would Mr Batterham discover the man who had broken into his seven-month-old daughter’s bedroom was the convicted rapist of a teenage girl.

Ricky Slater, who was armed with three knives and carrying ecstasy pills, stolen phones and had a lethal level of methamphetamine in his system, was also a convicted drug addict and robber.
    Ummm, seems the Muther of the POS seemed to forget about these things. If her piece of garbage son was still alive maybe he should have been looking over his shoulder and with the dumb muther making these threats, maybe she should be careful too given the community Support for Batterham and the universal diastase for piece of shit rapists especially against young girls.

I realise it is not always the parents fault how kids turn out but in this case, I'd say by her behaviour, there is a fair bet she wasn't exactly Mother of the year and turned more than one blind eye to what the waste of Humanity son was up to. The way they are dressed at court speaks volumes alone.

If she had an ounce of decency, she would be apologising for the sons behaviour not trying to defend it and threaten others when they have been found to have done nothing wrong.
    That alone to me is a big Tell of what sort of mentality and morals the POS was brought up with. At the VERY least, she should Shut the fk up and not bring any more attention to herself, family or the waste of humanity son.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

At the VERY least, she should Shut the fk up and not bring any more attention to herself, family or the waste of humanity son.
    I would bet all my sheckles that if a white fella made the threats that this outstanding mother of the year made towards the protected species he would be charged, one law for the protected 'species' and another for white ppl

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

admin (21-11-19),george65 (21-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    one law for the protected 'species'
    And Muzzos, gays, LBTGXZYTRS WTF, Nigerians, .....
    and another for white ppl

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-11-19),VroomVroom (22-11-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. Even if they were silly enough to charge him, he should not have been put in custody based on the events leading up to the incident.

I see the deceased's family have been shouting "Watch your back for the rest of your life" etc at him outside court. Some quality folk there for sure.
    They had to charge him - it's a matter of the law, being seen to be doing the right thing. A person died apparently at the hands of another, at the time, the police had a prima facie case against Batteram and charged him accordingly. It was then up to the courts to weigh up the evidence and deliver a verdict. Regardless of the accused guilt or innocence the law had to be applied.

The deceased's mother needs a little more finesse in her threats and accusations. She should now be a "person of interest" should anything untoward occur against Batteram. She is a piece of work, no doubt.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (22-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post

The deceased's mother needs a little more finesse in her threats and accusations.
    She needs a smack aside the head for a number of reasons and at very least her inevitable social security payments stopped.

None of these dead shit criminals seem to be afraid of or have any regard for the law, maybe if being charged with certain serious offences meant loss of welfare payments and medical benefits, subsidy's etc, that might wake a few more of them up.

Random drug testing would be another one to apply. Get called up, you have 24 hours to front for a test or payments stop. Fail test, payments stop for a month the first time and permanently thereafter.

If you can afford drugs you don't need social security payments.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-11-19),lsemmens (22-11-19)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    They had to charge him
    i would have to disagree with you.......a charge of murder was ridiculous given the circumstances. Almost every week I see deliberate murderers charged with manslaughter or even less.

That charge resulted in the accused being held in custody for months in an adult prison. If any charges were to be laid, they should have been something along the line of intentionally causing injury resulting in death. And given the circumstances, bail would have been granted straight up without being held in custody.

Personally I would be suing police or the government. No point going after that family

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-11-19),enf (23-11-19),george65 (23-11-19),hinekadon (22-11-19),lsemmens (22-11-19),VroomVroom (25-11-19)

Thanks

Personally I feel the only person who should be charged is the person committing the crime. If any person dies during the commission of, or as a result of, a crime then those committing the crime should automatically be guilty of murder & jailed.
    This includes if someone is killed if a driver is trying to avoid being pulled over, or a person has a heart attack during a robbery, or if a thief falls down the stairs & breaks their neck whilst breaking in to a home.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

enf (23-11-19),george65 (23-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    Personally I feel the only person who should be charged is the person committing the crime. If any person dies during the commission of, or as a result of, a crime then those committing the crime should automatically be guilty of murder & jailed.
    This includes if someone is killed if a driver is trying to avoid being pulled over, or a person has a heart attack during a robbery, or if a thief falls down the stairs & breaks their neck whilst breaking in to a home.
    To this I would add if -YOU- die or are injured while committing a crime, Stiff shit. If you get shot, your brains, what little of them there would be, knocked out with a shovel, stabbed or whatever, Bad luck douchebag. Don't comit crimes and you have nothing to worry about.
    And these cases where someone is knocking over a place and slips on a verandah or path and then sues the home owner.... WTF? Not sure if that has happened here ( got a feeling it has) or it's just another stupidity of the sUe SA but in any case.....

The whole Idea that a low life is protected by the law while violating and going outside it, to me seems Ludicrous. If you don't have the decency to observe the law, why the hell should you be protected by it when things don't go the one sided way you wanted them to and then want to apply ithe law to the people you were transgressing for your benifit?
    Totally illogical and ridiculous.

Tired of hearing family's of serial crims and shit bags getting on the box and wailing their POS family member " Didn't deserve to die" when carrying out yet ANOTHER often violent crime. YES, Your piece of garbage relative DID deserve to die because they inevitably didn't learn from all the other crimes they have been done as evidenced by their long records. The law abiding innocent people they were robbing/ assaulting/ whatever certainly deserved the trauma they put them through a lot less than your family scumbag deserved to taken out once and for all so others weren't put through the same terror.

In the case of this ape whom was carrying Multiple weapons showing an intent to seriously injure or kill, had a record a mile long and was under the influence of drugs, it should be open and shut and the whole thing should have been closed in 24 Hours whether he survived or not.

Cause of death on his certificate should say " Result of being a low life scumbag" or " Karma".

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Jma (24-11-19),madtech (23-11-19),VroomVroom (25-11-19)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12