Thread: Stupidity Of The Month (QLD)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Default Stupidity Of The Month (QLD)

Sigh!!

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (20-11-19),mkhannah (19-11-19)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

i dont see an issue with it to be honest.

i myself had to get one and my wife who drives a bus also
    had to get one.

takes fk all to put in the application and wife's work covered her cost
    and i am self employed so paid for mine and if qld is like other states
    then it is at no cost to volunteers.

it is mandatory in vic and nsw if i recall.
    Last edited by fandtm666; 19-11-19 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Do all parents have to get one too?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

VIC CFA and NSW RFS require Working With Children checks at brigade level and have done for some time.

What I found was more odd was a directive that CFA firefighters being deployed to assist with NSW and QLD fires were today told to comply with RAAF rules, (and RAAF were transporting the firefighters) .... they had to wear long pants (not shorts) and.... long sleeve shirts, just for the flight.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 Times in 835 Posts

I'm struggling to think of any job where there is no chance of coming across children. They may as well be compulsory for everyone, or just be required for positions that were responsible for bringing them in in the first place. Wind them back to where they are genuinely needed.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I understand the need for such clearances when working with kids, but, this is ludicrous. Next, you'll need one to go outside your front door, just in case there's a kid on footpath!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (20-11-19),eaglem (28-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I can understand the need to get the check around Moree, where most of the fires, or as we call them these days; "traditional smoking ceremonies" are started by children.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I can understand the need to get the check around Moree, where most of the fires, or as we call them these days; "traditional smoking ceremonies" are started by children.
    Moree....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

the report says that firefighters are classified as a health service ?? thats funny i thought they were providing an emergency service?

If the contact with kids was on an ongoing non emergency basis then that might be fine.

Thanks

Don't worry - it'll be contact with women next, followed by anyone who doesn't agree with you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (20-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    VIC CFA and NSW RFS require Working With Children checks at brigade level and have done for some time.

What I found was more odd was a directive that CFA firefighters being deployed to assist with NSW and QLD fires were today told to comply with RAAF rules, (and RAAF were transporting the firefighters) .... they had to wear long pants (not shorts) and.... long sleeve shirts, just for the flight.
    That's standard operating procedure for flights on RAAF transport aircraft, along with proper shoes, not sandals or thongs, and no open toe shoes for females.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

This sounds suspect to me but then again, they change the laws every 5 Minutes to appease some idiotic PC agenda these days.

As I understood it, a Blue card is only required when your work entails the direct supervision of children as part of your employment. A fire fighter whom has little chance of having to supervise a child in their work wouldn't come under that. If they did, then maybe the girl working the counter at Maccas needs one in case some 15 Yo kid comes to buy a cheeseburger after school without their parents present. Effing Bullshit. Buy the same token, are Religious leaders all now required to have blue cards in case there is a kid in the congregation. Not even going to mention past history that would suggest this would be an applicable group to have checked out.
    Then again, Pell would have got a card untill recently because he wasn't convicted of anything so how effective are they?

That said, a lot of places now over do it to protect their PC madness arses. I was working with small classes or 4-6 Kids at a swim schools where there was a teacher ( or 2 ) and the parents sitting not 10 feet awa. Of I course I was in plain site of everyone in the place at all times. The places I was working in insisted that I have a blue card just to cover their PC arses. I wasn't supervising the kids, they were never left in my care and most of the time I never spoke to the kids. WTF they thought I was going to do to them when there are 5-7 adults present not more than 12 Ft away and 100 or more I was in sight of at all times, including life gaurds, Fked if I know.

That wasn't even the most stupid part. My daughter whom helped me had to get one when she turned 18 or she couldn't work with me. I guess there was no chance she could be a peado when she was 17 but the day she turned 18, she is a threat to every little Kiddie out there unless she has been checked out apparently.

I have to say, If I were a fire fighter, I would object to this on principal. In effect it's saying guilty till proven innocent.
    And again, WTF they think a fire fighter is going to do if they are evacuating kids, accost them while a fire rages around them and other kids watch on? Ridiculous.
    And who looses out of this with the threat they can't fight fires if they don't have a revenue raising card and do walk away? Them, the ones that put their lives on the line, that give up their time, are out defending peoples homes while those burn down or the whole community that are actually as thankful as Fk for what they do and think this is all a load of Bullshit.

Why of all people are we giving these legend heroes grief and questioning their morality instead of giving them the thanks and eternal gratitude they more than deserve? The PC lefties want to make a target of anyone that does anything decent these days. Jealous little bedwetters that always want to steal the spotlight to make themselves feel important even though they have nothing to offer and a re a Blight on society.

Anyway, fire fighters don't need blue cards, we all know they are wife beaters not peados, The Green, PC lezzo with the real rough head told us last week. Or are they both now? Probably be animal torturers, serial killers , Alcoholics and Tax cheats by the time this summer is over.
    Seems they are getting some new bullshit accusation levelled at them every week.

Seeing they are so bad, the people that accuse them of these things should be put on a NO help list because they sure wouldn't want these terrible people around when their house is burning down or they need to be cut out of a car wreck would they?

I'm sure these guys aren't looking for medals but I'll bet they would rather a simple thank you than having all this Bullshit and Innuendo put on them.

For any fire fighter reading this, please know the sane Community whom are still at least 95% of the silent population think you are all heros and bloody fantastic people for the Blood sweat and tears you put into helping others. Also know that the huge majority of the community DO NOT agree with any of this BS and would happily beat those behind it till they were black and blue to wake them up to themselves.

Thanks for the incredible and fantastically gutsy job you do.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (21-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 571 Posts

Typical QLD’ers whinging about being brought into line with the rest of the country. These checks happen everywhere, despite the incorrect info in the article.

When the checks were brought into NSW some time back there were a number of closet convicted pedos and people convicted of serious offences against children who were found to be active members of rural fire brigades. Fighting fires is just a part (sometimes a small part) of what these bridges do. Most would spend more time attending community and fundraising events were they have direct access to children.

The community should be satisfied that the firefighter who comes to help during an emergency or who their kids run up to at a community event is not a convicted pedo. This check ensures that is the case.

As a volunteer firefighter, the Blue Card in QLD is free to apply for. Having one would assist with employment in other Government areas, should they be interested. Those who don’t get one are only doing so to their own detriment (or because they are one of the ‘disqualified persons’).

• The Following User Says Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

eaglem (28-11-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post

Those who don’t get one are only doing so to their own detriment
    BWAHAHAA! you never fail to make me laugh.

Yeah, staying in the comfort and safety of their own home instead of going out risking their lives in the smoke, heat and filth of Fighting fires and doing rescue work is really to their detriment isn't it? Tough luck if they don't want to get a card, No putting your life on the line to save others, You are ordered to stay n your home drinking beer on the lounge watching TV in front of the air con while the mrs cooks you a hot dinner. That will teach you!

Everyone wants to go risk their lives fighting fires and it's so hard to get into with so many thousands applying there just aren't enough places to go around.... Oh, Wait.

The community should be satisfied that the firefighter who comes to help during an emergency or who their kids run up to at a community event is not a convicted pedo.
    So does the electricity line worker who comes to fix downed wires in an emergency also have to have a working with Children Check? Is it a requirement that SES volunteers also need a working with Children Check? Not that I could find so there goes that theory out the window.

As for the community events, First and foremost, where would the parents be? and secondly, I can set up an ice cream or hot dog stall at a community event and I don't need a background check.

Here is the Legislation for the requirement to have a blue card:

Child related work (including voluntary work) is:

• providing services for under 18s
    • where the work normally involves being face to face with children
    • where contact with children is more than incidental to the work.

I would suggest being a fire fighter is not providing services to under 18's, does not involve face to face work normally and the contact with children is entirely incidental. As for the community event thing, if you want to go to those then it might be reasonable to have the blue card. If you don't, then you'll just have to stay at home not put yourself out for the benefit of others yet again.

For fire fighting duty, it's nothing more than a bed wetting leftie PC arse covering over reaction.

To the fire fighters Detriment..... yeah right!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-11-19),lsemmens (20-11-19)

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Typical QLD’ers whinging about being brought into line with the rest of the country.....
    We only whinge when forced to be as stupid as the rest of the country.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (20-11-19)