Thread: Solid State Batteries - a game changer.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Default Solid State Batteries - a game changer.

This looks like the next battery technology coming.
    Solid state glass electrolyte

As the world becomes more electrified, the race is on to build cheaper, longer-lasting, more energy-dense batteries. One of the most promising technologies in this space is the solid state battery, developed by an absolute legend in the battery world, one of the inventors of the lithium ion battery and recent Nobel Prize winner John B. Goodenough.

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

'looks like' maybe the key words there, a lot of claims have been made, but.. ->

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Why not? We might end up with a battery that never goes flat and never needs re-charging..............Of course, with this technology, you wouldn't want to drop it........
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Why not? We might end up with a battery that never goes flat and never needs re-charging
    Apart from the physical Impossibility of that, The ramifications from a Military let alone Civilian POV would mean even if they could do it, they wouldn't.

Just another one of the endless press release news Pieces to take everyone's mind off how shit the present is by making them think a better future is round the corner and a way to raise funding for big biz R&D companies.

When I'm carrying one in my pocket, I'll believe it. until such time, just another 25 KG car engine that is the size of a shoe box, puts out 500 HP and gets 100 MPG.
    How many of those have I read about since I was a kid at school? Still waiting to see anything like it.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    This looks like the next battery technology coming.
    Solid state glass electrolyte

Unfortunately Youtube is not a reliable source of information especially not from some home made dude who would be after clicks on his channel.

Quick check on revealed nothing more on this than what I have been reading for years. Some Uni 'kids' still 'playing' around with the idea.

Something like that would have to be presented here before I would take it more seriously:

I highly recommend The Royal Institution, some presentations go fairly deep into scientific matters, very entertaining and well explained and understandable without the need to have any background knowledge on these topics.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-11-19 at 11:58 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Something like that would have to be presented here before I would take it more seriously:

I highly recommend The Royal Institution, some presentations go fairly deep into scientific matters, very entertaining and well explained and understandable without the need to have any background knowledge on these topics.
    Thanks for the recommendation, Nomeat.

I wasn't aware of this particular channel on Youtube.

There is some very good stuff there.

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (30-11-19)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation, Nomeat.

I wasn't aware of this particular channel on Youtube.

There is some very good stuff there.
    Many of the presenters are also fantastic they way they catch your(well my) interest in seconds. They often have to 'refresh a few basics' before they can go on and even if I know that already I admire the way they make boring school physics/chemistry exciting, that no teachers I had could do ....not that I ever found Physics or Chemistry boring, just the teachers back then.
    Despite these lectures being mostly an hour long the time just flies past.

This is a good one to start. Gave me a totally different outlook to Black Holes, the Universe and Everything

Just imagine if we had politicians with such knowledge and verbal skills.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 30-11-19 at 02:11 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (30-11-19),tristen (01-12-19)