Thread: Xiaomi Mi A3 Great but one small/huge problem

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Default Xiaomi Mi A3 Great but one small/huge problem

Toby Deals got this phone to me quickly and supplied cover, screen protector and Australian adapter(Best adapter I have ever received-solid)

But after using Google to transfer everything from my old phone(Xiaomo Mi A1) I was very pleased with the phone and how it showed all my old photos, contacts etc. So I decided to take my SIM out of my old phone and put it into the new A3.

When I did so it asked for a PIN.(See attached photo) After a long time with Google on Chat they said I did not have or require a PIN and it was a Hardware fault. I also inquired with my SIM provider(Aldi) and they said they did not have/require a PIN number.

I can't even enter the device to delete all my personal data to send it back to for a warranty repair or replacement. I have tried to contact Xiaomi but have had nothing in return. After removing the SIM the new A3 still wanted a PIN??? The SIM was put back into my old A1 and it continues to work as per normal but still locked out of the A3.(Pin required after device restarts - is what is displayed)

This all happened yesterday and just sent off emails to Toby Deals who are rather prompt in replying the next day.

A shame as the phone was most impressive before the SIM stuff up. Camera(3) and no problems at all seemed great and the display was good even reading print. So concerns over the non HD display were relieved.

Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

Last edited by sail; 28-11-19 at 10:24 AM.

2. Look Here ->