Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeversolar RJ45 Connection

Thanks

Default Zeversolar RJ45 Connection

I'm trying to change the cutout voltage settings on my Zeversolar5000 inverter. I've tried all ways that I know of but it will not talk to me, I'm pretty sure that it a RS485B connection, I want to change the cutout voltage settings that is currently set, any one help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by humax300 View Post
    I'm trying to change the cutout voltage settings on my Zeversolar5000 inverter. I've tried all ways that I know of but it will not talk to me, I'm pretty sure that it a RS485B connection, I want to change the cutout voltage settings that is currently set, any one help.
    Are you sure it's not an ethernet connection?

Thanks

Thanks Spin, I was starting to think it should be in another section, however this is what I'm trying to do

I dont know if its a rs232 or rs485 connection, the youtube video seems simple enough.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Depends on the model of Zever5000 ~ RS485/wifi/ethernet ports are optional ; if it's a 2pin rj45 you're seeing that's possibly the DRED port (Demand Response Enabling Device), not rs485. The unit in the video looks to be the highend fully optioned model fitted with all the bells and whistles...you might not have this, and have the base Zever5000 instead?

Thanks

thanks for replying, there are two ports on my unit, one dred outlet and the other is eth, same as in the video.
    I have attached some other reading and

the video makes it pretty simple but I cant connect, tried it with my linux laptop and a windows 7 machine but no luck, I can look at the basic internals using
    the adress 160.190.0.1 but that is on the wifi only.

Premium Member
    Thanks

...ok. and when you scroll down the LCD screen to the IP address page, is the address different? (wifi=160.190.0.1 , ether= ?)

Thanks

Thanks again for answering, as shown on the utube video, the screen on mine shows a ip of 169.168.88.86, the wifi connection is on 160.190.0.3 and by using the the wifi connction to the zeversolar box and inputting 160.190.0.1 you can access a detail screen but not any thing that can be changed, only details of box, the main problem is that I cannot get any connection as a network so the connection settings are incorrect, not as simple as shown on the video.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

If you are connecting direct from your laptop, try a crossover lead.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Reschs For This Useful Post:

tristen (02-12-19)

Thanks

Thanks again,yes tried crossover lead, not responding.

Thanks

buzzed of a email to Zeversolar, they have responded with model number question, see what they tell me.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I think he youtube vid assumes the unit is connected to a router with dhcp server running (after reading some zever pdf files =), that's why in the vid just typing in the IP works (the connecting computer has been assigned an IP on the same network). Is the inverter connected to a router?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Glad My inverters are set to 260 and 265. With the high grid voltage here even at 3 am, need them set to that in order to keep them online.
    254 is far too low these days. As Private generators we are expected to keep our voutputs to standards the power co's can't maintain themselves.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    As Private generators we are expected to keep our voutputs to standards the power co's can't maintain themselves.
    Or they dont want to maintain the standard. By pushing the gid voltage up they force your inverter to reduce its output reducing your production which increases the amout of power you purchase.
    Don't worry, it only seems kinky the first time.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Rocket For This Useful Post:

george65 (03-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Or they dont want to maintain the standard. By pushing the gid voltage up they force your inverter to reduce its output reducing your production which increases the amout of power you purchase.
    Exactly!

Not only force the inverter to reduce it's output, a lot of them will cut out all together, go through a reset procedure that takes a minute or 3, hit the cut off voltage seconds after they kick back in and repeat that procedure all day so you only produce a few KW instead of 10's of KW you could.

In the 2.5 years I have been here I have NEVER seen the grid voltage at the nominal 230V.
    Not during the day, not at midnight or 3 am. Never. I have seen it many times at the 250 mark or above well into the night and they can't blame too much solar input then.

Thanks

I changed the laptop wifi connection so its the same network as the inverter (160.190.0.3) so that should be on the same network, I havn't got a answer from zeversolar yet and the installing company said just follow the video?

Premium Member
    Thanks

Why would you do that when the only way to change the param you want, is via the ethernet interface?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Exactly!

Not only force the inverter to reduce it's output, a lot of them will cut out all together, go through a reset procedure that takes a minute or 3, hit the cut off voltage seconds after they kick back in and repeat that procedure all day so you only produce a few KW instead of 10's of KW you could.

In the 2.5 years I have been here I have NEVER seen the grid voltage at the nominal 230V.
    Not during the day, not at midnight or 3 am. Never. I have seen it many times at the 250 mark or above well into the night and they can't blame too much solar input then.
    Have you told your power provider about the issue?
    I told powercor when I was having the exact same issue. Within a week they had reduced the voltage from the transformer. Haven’t had an issue since...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irwazza View Post
    Have you told your power provider about the issue?
    I told powercor when I was having the exact same issue. Within a week they had reduced the voltage from the transformer. Haven’t had an issue since...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    reply from SA Power Network...

Thank you for your enquiry dated 28.11.2019 regarding quality of supply.

You have reported an issue with your solar system reducing its production in response to high voltage. This is how the inverter has been designed to behave, however if not set up correctly, you may not be getting the best possible benefits from your solar system.

We have attached some FAQs which contain the correct settings that your solar installer will need to check.

Should you have any other concerns, please contact us on 13 12 61 or email QualityofSupply@sapowernetworks.com.au.

Kind regards,
    Carmel
    Customer Service Agent
    Contact Centre

Is that a Fawlty Tower response "cant you see where very busy now!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Why would you do that when the only way to change the param you want, is via the ethernet interface?
    I have found that sometimes it works better if I have the computer on the same network when I'm trying to access the rj45 connection, it seems it wont
    connect if it on a different network

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by humax300 View Post
    reply from SA Power Network...

Thank you for your enquiry dated 28.11.2019 regarding quality of supply.

You have reported an issue with your solar system reducing its production in response to high voltage. This is how the inverter has been designed to behave, however if not set up correctly, you may not be getting the best possible benefits from your solar system.

We have attached some FAQs which contain the correct settings that your solar installer will need to check.

Should you have any other concerns, please contact us on 13 12 61 or email QualityofSupply@sapowernetworks.com.au.

Kind regards,
    Carmel
    Customer Service Agent
    Contact Centre

Is that a Fawlty Tower response "cant you see where very busy now!"

That depends on the content of your inquiry ~ did you point out by way of photo/m'phone image that your mains line voltage is exceeding 254volts AC? Don't know what it's like in other states, but here in SE Qld you need about that much to get them to move. Without that they tend to just presume the line voltage is within spec, and that the inverter is setup incorrectly (which is a reasonable position to take because *many* inverters have default settings that entertain 240v at 250v maximum).

No one here can read much context from the reply, if we don't know what exactly what you wrote to them in the first place =)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast