Thread: Have You ever had the living ship scared out of you?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    I think you two have trumped the conversation, no one else is game to post after what you both have been thru
    Wish you both the best, and am sure i can say that on behalf of all members
    Thank You.
    It's not a competition however. Just because someone has been through worse than someone else does not mean that things don't feel as bad for others. Some things you have to go through to understand and until you do, other things are not less painful.
    Loosing ones house in a fire would be unimaginable to me. People might say well you can replace things and start again and at least you are alive but that to me at least, would make it no less of an unimaginable tradgety. I wouldn't know where to start if that happened. Then I WOULD be properly screwed forever. My memories in photos and things are all I have left of a lot of people that I loved and now badly miss.

I could also well see where that could play on peoples minds and give them anxiety or panic attacks or other problems, short or long term. I had a friend that was in a serious car accident. The car she was in was almost unrecognisable as a twisted chunk of what looked like paper but her and her husband got out with cuts and a couple of broken bones between them. Although not seriously hurt or in a life threatening way, took her many years to get over it and seeing and hearing the circumstances, I still think of it when driving and see a similar situation. Could be downplayed as Minor, "you weren't seriously hurt" but the mental damage was certainly there and so was the fear and terror afterwards.

It's all proportional and there are many things that can hurt and screw you up through no fault of your own and they don't have to be the worst disaster anyone ever heard of.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

kclar (08-12-19)