Thread: Hills ComNav vs Bosch B426

Thanks

Default Hills ComNav vs Bosch B426

Hey all,

I currently have a Hills NX4 from 2005. Hills tech support tell me it should be fine to hook up to a ComNav, I just have to disable the fire button on the keypad, because apparently on the older NX4's, it triggers the alarm when remote arming and disarming. That aside, considering that the ComNav costs $230+, which route would you take?
    I can get a brand new Bosch panel, keypad and B426 for roughly $300, or stick with the old Hills NX4 and get a ComNav for $230.
    -What does the ComNav offer to justify the $100 price difference, compared to the $120 B426? Keep in mind, it will be going onto an older panel.
    -Which is easier to use and program?
    -Which is more reliable?

The alarm only consists on 3 PIR's, so it is nothing spectacular.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cubic25 View Post
    Hey all,

I currently have a Hills NX4 from 2005. Hills tech support tell me it should be fine to hook up to a ComNav, I just have to disable the fire button on the keypad, because apparently on the older NX4's, it triggers the alarm when remote arming and disarming. That aside, considering that the ComNav costs $230+, which route would you take?
    I can get a brand new Bosch panel, keypad and B426 for roughly $300, or stick with the old Hills NX4 and get a ComNav for $230.
    -What does the ComNav offer to justify the $100 price difference, compared to the $120 B426? Keep in mind, it will be going onto an older panel.
    -Which is easier to use and program?
    -Which is more reliable?

The alarm only consists on 3 PIR's, so it is nothing spectacular.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'd be putting the bosch 2000/3000 in.

I used to install NX over the bosch however the B426 module is cost effective and less hassle to setup as well as a nicer looking keypad in my opinion.

With this world of NBN these days dialers are phasing out, if you only have 3 pir's the 2000 will be fine - the 3000 allows you to have wireless reciever and zones, however the We800 remote kit will do the same job in a basic form.

Thanks

Thanks for the input.
    Any more views on this?

Thanks

Get the 6000. Australian made for Australian standards. Satisfaction of buying a home made product. Much more of a powerhouse alarm imo. Just my opinion. But yes Bosch over nx any day, no contest.