Thread: AAMI Lifetime warranty on repairs

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,927 Times in 1,283 Posts

Default AAMI Lifetime warranty on repairs

So how long is a lifetime.

I had the front end repaired under insurance with AAMI late January and 2 weeks ago I noticed that the chrome badge missing from the grill.

I spoke to the repairer that did the job and the first thing from one of the staff members said was it's been stolen and I should talk to AAMI.
    After 60 minutes on the phone tiring to get it in there thick skull's that the badge was there 3 weeks ago and in the last 5 months the car has been used once a week for a school run and the rest of the time it's locked in a garage and even for the school run I don't leave the car they still insist that's it's been stolen. One person stated that the badge was not on the car when it was dropped off for repair and my resonance was I know that, It would have come off in the accident and the badge was replaced as part of the repair so in the end of that converastion the claim has been declined because the badge was stolen.
    60 more minutes on the phone and my case has been moved up to some on else and that AAMI representative claims that yes there is lifetime warranty on repairs BUT the badge has been stolen and is not covered and that part can not just fall off and if it had fallen off why did I not pick it up, Rocket scientist at work here, my reply the part is held on with double sided tape if I had seen it fall off I would have picked it up. The end result was if the part had come off with in a 2 week period it would have been replaced I replied that if the part was attached correctly it would still be there and I would not be arguing with you.

So the lifetime for AAMI is 2 weeks.

With the Car,Bike and Home policy's coming up for renewal you can guess who is not on the list.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Cheers

SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

eaglem (06-12-19),enf (04-12-19),hinekadon (05-12-19),shred (04-12-19)

Look Here ->

Thanks

My other half had her insurance with AAMI... until she made a not at fault claim.

She had bought the car new and had looked after it. It had never been crashed before. The car had to be left for a full day at an “assessment centre” at a time dictated by AAMI. From what I can gather, the local panel beaters would then bid for the job - lowest one “winning”. The car then had to be delivered to some dodgy panel beaters out in the suburbs, where a door salvaged off a wreck was painted to match her car and fitted. The door never properly sealed and there was significant wind noise at highway speeds. Various supermarket dings were still present on the second hand door.

Suffice to say, she’s now insured with a company that gives her a choice of repairer.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

interesting
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

I would be pointing out to them that the Badge had managed to remain in place until the accident.
    Had the repair been carried out correctly, it would still be there.
    If it was stolen there would be damage from the tools used to prise it off.
    No marks ? It fell off.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    My other half had her insurance with AAMI... until she made a not at fault claim.

She had bought the car new and had looked after it. It had never been crashed before. The car had to be left for a full day at an “assessment centre” at a time dictated by AAMI. From what I can gather, the local panel beaters would then bid for the job - lowest one “winning”. The car then had to be delivered to some dodgy panel beaters out in the suburbs, where a door salvaged off a wreck was painted to match her car and fitted. The door never properly sealed and there was significant wind noise at highway speeds. Various supermarket dings were still present on the second hand door.

Suffice to say, she’s now insured with a company that gives her a choice of repairer.
    How long ago was that ?
    It was certainly their mode of operation in the early days.
    They have supposedly become mainsteam and offer your repairer of choice.
    I have never used them, however others like NRMA are becoming worse than the AAMI original model.

Thanks

It was four or five years ago. They may have changed since then.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reschs View Post
    I would be pointing out to them that the Badge had managed to remain in place until the accident.
    Had the repair been carried out correctly, it would still be there.
    If it was stolen there would be damage from the tools used to prise it off.
    No marks ? It fell off.
    I have told them that the 1st badge had been on the car for 10 years and I would have expected the new one to last just as long, Plus if the badge had been stolen that there would be marks (I had a badge removed from the SS and there was a mark from the tool the prick used) but both the panel shop or AAMI have not requested to have a look at the car 1st hand.

Dave
    Last edited by SS Dave; 05-12-19 at 10:04 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post

I had a not at fault repair the a door on my SS, The work was done at the same panel shop via AAMI and was 100% happy the door was reskinned and the after market sound deadening was replaced as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

I know of 3 cars repaired at a local place, Medicar. @ of them were with different insurance Co's . Our car was repaired and sent out unroad worthy which we found out having taken it for a rego Check 3 days after picking it up. Thing had NO brake Lights and now windscreen washers. None in the second hand bonnet, didn't have the washer hose in it. Hit the washers and water squirted out the hose there was onto the ground. Mechanic was not impressed but not surprised either.

Went back and blew a fuse and their idiot response was the Brake lights must have failed since we picked it up ( 3 days) and the washer hose was there when the car was finished.
    So.... someone removed it? Yeah, You read of that in the papers all the time, people stealing washer hoses out the bonnets of cars is a big problem! Police even have the washer Hose Task force set up to combat the ever increasing problem. NOT.

I made them put in a new rear tailgate seal as there was a 4" gap in the one on it, Made them clean the spray putty that was everywhere and made them repair the tailgate properly so the thing didn't have 40 Grit Scratches in the bog they had put in it showing through.

Friend who took his car there had similar problems. A non operating Blinker and a front bumper that was hanging off that had been damaged in the crash and the tabs where the mounting clips went torn off. Of course tried to say he'd hit something but couldn't find a single mark in the paint work where that hit had occurred. Must have happened when he was crashing it into a pile of Pillows. BIL has also taken car there and got a totally shit job.

Panel beaters are Totally lazy pricks these days. Get them ringing for parts and panels all the time in the wrecking yard. They always want panels in colour and like new with no dents or scratches. A lot of them we won't even sell to now and the rest I brought in a no returns Policy. Come see the thing before you buy it because once it leaves here, you own it and no coming back. Tired of having things returned because they have one tiny little ding on a 20 Yo Panel. Either fix it as you are supposed to or go buy a new one.

Had a clown the other day whining because I asked $250 for a late model door that was in colour and perfect far as I could see. They complained about the price and wanted it for $150 as they always try to haggle. I knew they wouldn't get this anywhere bar Sydney or Bris so I said the price just went up to $300. They whinged some more and I said the thing is worth over $450 to buy new bare but you would well know that already. I said then you have to paint it and replace the window motor and mechanism, seals, trim, locks and everything else. They said ok, 250. I said No $300 take it or leave it. They went to argue, I hung up. Next thing shop girl is there to pick it up. She was laughing at me increasing the price. Boss had a big whinge about it. I said I'm really tempted to tell you we just sold it and send you back with nothing and let them get a new one or from somewhere else, either which will take a week and cost them more still.
    I said maybe they wont waste my time again trying to screw us over.

I thought I might get grief off my father but he was laughing as well. He was happy I screwed them over for a change.

He's past making trouble with people but seems to enjoy it when I do with the idiots.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (06-12-19),hinekadon (05-12-19),shred (05-12-19),SS Dave (05-12-19),VroomVroom (13-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SS Dave View Post

With the Car,Bike and Home policy's coming up for renewal you can guess who is not on the list.

SS Dave
    Lucky you won't be with AAMI

• The Following User Says Thank You to bss904 For This Useful Post:

SS Dave (05-12-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SS Dave View Post

I had the front end repaired under insurance with AAMI late January and 2 weeks ago I noticed that the chrome badge missing from the grill.

I spoke to the repairer that did the job and the first thing from one of the staff members said was it's been stolen and I should talk to AAMI.
    After 60 minutes on the phone tiring to get it in there thick skull's that the badge was there 3 weeks ago and in the last 5 months the car has been used once a week for a school run and the rest of the time it's locked in a garage and even for the school run I don't leave the car they still insist that's it's been stolen. One person stated that the badge was not on the car when it was dropped off for repair and my resonance was I know that, It would have come off in the accident and the badge was replaced as part of the repair so in the end of that converastion the claim has been declined because the badge was stolen.
    60 more minutes on the phone and my case has been moved up to some on else and that AAMI representative claims that yes there is lifetime warranty on repairs BUT the badge has been stolen and is not covered and that part can not just fall off and if it had fallen off why did I not pick it up, Rocket scientist at work here, my reply the part is held on with double sided tape if I had seen it fall off I would have picked it up. The end result was if the part had come off with in a 2 week period it would have been replaced I replied that if the part was attached correctly it would still be there and I would not be arguing with you.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Cheers

SS Dave
    Give a spray Like I did with them as we have 3 cars + house and content with them and have pleasure of tell them over the Phone because they PUNISH LOYAL CUSTOMERS and told them we are going Youi and youi is a lot cheaper. you can get them 24hrs a day (rotate) as they have offices in New Zealand, up in Queensland and in South Africa. I had NO issue with them. AAMI Should eat there ADD , Full of SHI.T they are

Thanks

We are with Youi And apart from the shit repairer which I would never go to again, they have been very good.
    Had 3 Fktards run into the back of us when stopped at lights for over 30 Seconds now. Don't know what the fk is wrong with these people. Fact of the matter was they were all women. Glad the mrs was with me or she would have never believed I didn't do something wrong.

My wife says I drive too fast. I point out the only problems we have had ( my daughter and I ) was when we were standing still.
    Seems to me the faster we go the better and don't ever stop!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (07-12-19)

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    We are with Youi And apart from the shit repairer which I would never go to again, they have been very good.
    Had 3 Fktards run into the back of us when stopped at lights for over 30 Seconds now. Don't know what the fk is wrong with these people. Fact of the matter was they were all women. Glad the mrs was with me or she would have never believed I didn't do something wrong.

My wife says I drive too fast. I point out the only problems we have had ( my daughter and I ) was when we were standing still.
    Seems to me the faster we go the better and don't ever stop!!
    I have see this with my OWN Eyes. When approaching our local shops yes I was walking for exercise the zebra crossing in from of me had people crossing and they was a row of cars stopping and starting due to the amount of people using the crossing and as soon as I was getting close to use this crossing (about 15M) I saw the second car in line DRIVEN BY A WOMAN and she was using he Phone texting ( I was beside Her away about 3m) with two hand and she crashed into the car in front and she got out and the abused the guy with his family in front. She said clearly with a raised voice "WHY DID YOU STOP". I dont know what happened after this but I took her number plate and reporter it to the Police. FCUK Her Arrogant young bitch.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

eaglem (07-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

My dealings with AAMI. Long story short these lebbo's in mums bmw 318 cut me off and saw me shake my head in their mirror. They decided to turn right it settlement rd around the outside of me as i turned and I hit them. fearing the worst I backed up and drove off to the nearest police station with them in pursuit running lights etc.
    They were so dumb that they put in an insurance claim against me. AAMI was chasing me for 6mths wanting me to put in a claim with my insurance co. They were threatening me with court action etc. I finally told them I'm insured with AAMI too! So then they wanted me to pay my excess. I said no....take me to court lol. After a few more months I got sick of being harassed. I asked aami to look up the intersection where the 'accident' occurred..... they couldn't find it. Never heard from them again.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

eaglem (07-12-19),SS Dave (07-12-19)

Thanks

Where I used to live, Lebs creating accidents was the way they earned an Income. The standard was you should be able to get 3 claims out of a car before you on sold it to a mate or scrapped it. They had methods of creating hits so it could be put on the other person. I had a client come in once with her Dropkick scumbag BF who bragged about how they did it so I had a good first hand heads up. Thanks for that, my price just quadrupled so I don't have to have anything to do with you filthy POS when you go else where.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (07-12-19),VroomVroom (13-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Lebos are absolute arseholes - besides staging car accidents they are also good at staging boat accidents. I was out on my jetski some time back on the Georges River near Liverpool and spotted a bunch of them riding recklessly . A few of the slime tried to cut me off but i got around them and stopped a bit further up. i turned around , watched and waited and the muzscum were trying the same trick with all the other boaties too. Their skis were all banged up pieces of shit to begin with.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

george65 (13-12-19)

Thanks

I grew up with them, went to school with them, have worked, done Business and lived amongst them.

I have no words to describe my loathing and disdain for them. They are truly scum of the earth in every way, shape and form.
    I do not know of a more widely disliked group of people by everyone else of all backgrounds and persuasions than them.

That said, I get the impression the Sudanese Et al may be just as bad. Fortunately, I do not have the experience to know for sure but all the indicators are there.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (13-12-19),VroomVroom (17-12-19)