Thread: Tecom smart card reader fault

Thanks

Default Tecom smart card reader fault

Hi. I've got a Challenger system that's been working fine for maybe 8 years or so. One of the smart card readers (external) has suddenly gone 'offline'. It's lights flash blue then red over and over. Panel reboot or poll reset results in RAS offline constantly. Customer programs their own cards using titan. Problem occurred while doing this as far as i can tell (not sure if related). RAS settings are still correct. I have a new reader ready to install, however my question is: Is there anything else that may have gone wrong or that i can check before opening new reader? The readers appear to wired in what i would call star type. I barely work on Challenger panels lately, but have done courses many moons ago. Thanks for any help.

Edit - I should add i have spoken to tech support and am aware of the many strange issues it could be being Challenger lol. Hoping someone here might have real world advice.
    Last edited by realistix; 11-12-19 at 07:39 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You can try polling Ras 16 and see if it is there. They default to Ras 16.
    Best thing to do is replace it. If it has lost it's programming once it will do it again. It's not common but I have seen it before.
    I used a huge number of these readers.

Tecom doesn't care what your Lan configuration is as long as you have 2 x Term links fitted.
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to Poody For This Useful Post:

realistix (12-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poody View Post
    You can try polling Ras 16 and see if it is there. They default to Ras 16.
    Best thing to do is replace it. If it has lost it's programming once it will do it again. It's not common but I have seen it before.
    I used a huge number of these readers.

Tecom doesn't care what your Lan configuration is as long as you have 2 x Term links fitted.
    Just to update. Replaced reader. Programmed config card and setup. All working again. Thanks for reply and help Poody.