Thread: YouTube - Forced Upgrade

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default YouTube - Forced Upgrade

I see YouTube have finally taken measures to force you to upgrade the YouTube App you wee running
    Even when for years it just asked you to upgrade, but you could choose "Not Now"

Well for me, today was the day YouTube failed to load with "This action isnt allowed" being shown on my Android Box when i tried to open YouTube.

Now, this might have been because Google had not synced everything up to date?
    As it would not even let me download the lastest version of YouTube App until my sync was correct

So it may actually just have been that

Anyone else been caught out with this?

I loved my old app, adds were less, the menu system was far better
    Jogging between Subsciptions and History was just 2 clicks down, not fumbling about in different folders

It now looks like the App as shown on Android TV
    Loads faster, but crappy user experience
    Last edited by ol' boy; 13-12-19 at 03:02 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I dont even know what a youtube app is ?? as I dont access the interwebs using the 'droid though I regularly d/l content via Mint, W7 and W10 but I have never ever seen any ads due to ublock

Much more better using an HTPC, never used (and never will) 'droid TV

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,969 Times in 1,289 Posts

I have been getting the youtube app needs to update and when you try to update is not compatible with you system stye message for months. I just clear the cache and reset and away it goes for 30 more days.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Why use an annoying app and not simply a browser?
    I use the tight duckduckgo browser for all web activity on Android including Youtube.
    At least I know it is not secretly switching on my camera and microphone and sending my messages/logs and phone directory to some third party.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-12-19 at 06:50 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...