Thread: Parcel tracking

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,969 Times in 1,289 Posts

Default Parcel tracking

Hi All

Why in this day and age can you keep track of an item from overseas

I had a item sent from Belgium and it took 5 week for a 200 gram package to get here and after it left Belgium it was in limbo until Australia post contacted me to say they have an item to collect. The same person sent a 5 kilo package to the USA and delivered in 10 days. Now if I was dishonest I could complain to the sender that the item is still not here as it is still listed by Belgium post as left the country but not delivered.
    Now I have the same with DHL Germany the item has departed and will be handed over to Australia Post. The item has been in limbo for 2 weeks with the DHL tracking listing it as departed and Aust post having no recorded of the item.

Or is it just a Europe thing.

Cheers SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

eaglem (17-12-19)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I think most (if not all) freight companies track internally, but the tracking information available to senders/receivers is largely dependent if you pay for it, as many offer tracking at a higher rate.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (18-12-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

I think the main problem is our end. I regularly get parts from China via one of the main Chinese online websites. Items are usually in Australia in less than a week from ordering. Tracking is usually faultless right up until the item arrives in Australia where it can sit in the Sydney customs warehouse for two to three weeks!

To add insult to injury, there is now direct freight flights from here (Darwin) to Shenzhen for perishable exports. That means there are empty back-haul flights direct to my home city three times a week.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Onefella For This Useful Post:

gulliver (17-12-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    I think the main problem is our end. I regularly get parts from China via one of the main Chinese online websites. Items are usually in Australia in less than a week from ordering. Tracking is usually faultless right up until the item arrives in Australia where it can sit in the Sydney customs warehouse for two to three weeks!

To add insult to injury, there is now direct freight flights from here (Darwin) to Shenzhen for perishable exports. That means there are empty back-haul flights direct to my home city three times a week.
    That's what I think happens as well and while the item is sitting the customs there is no trace of it. Although I had some custom made PCB's come from china in under 7 day's but the PCB's $10 freight $17. and that was sent DHL.

Cheers

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    I agree, and see similar with some items shipped from the US.
    Every hop until it leaves the US there's an entry for it, then it shows as delivered to my home address after a week or two when in fact it's delivered to one of the Australian USPS depots on the coast somewhere.
    Then I hear nothing for several weeks & all of a sudden it turns up.
    I discovered there's another tracking number issued sometime during the stay at the depot and/or customs in Australia, though it seems customers are never given this tracking number, it's found on another sticker on the parcel that's put on before sending out locally.
    Following it up with the new number it shows where the parcel was scanned on it's journey from the USPS depot to delivery here.

Other times I'll get something from the US in about 7 to 10 days, no holdups, no new tracking number & complete tracking is shown from go to whoa...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

It's not just OS things that can't be kept track Of. Bought a few Items from fleabay in the last couple of weeks. Get Bullshit tracking numbers that say the item is ordered and collected and with courier and then nothing for a week. Next thing it's at your door with most of the steps in the tracking system skipped.

Got some stools delivered on Saturday by Starfked ( and the idiot new driver who won't come to the front door because when I open it the dog stands there and looks at him without a sound or movement) and they did exactly this. All this irrelevant info till they left the place then nothing till they hit the doorstep although on this one I did get an alert at 8 am they were coming from the local depot. They arrived at 3.

The tracking numbers on the boxes often line up but I suspect they put them on the box, on the website and there is actually no tracking at all. I find it very rare to get updates of where things are between the sender and delivery. Had some things from Canada and the US that seemed to be well updated but like I said, rare.

The other thing that pisses me off that's another scam fleabay turn a blind eye to is sellers saying they are in Oz which they are not and sellers that give what they well know is fake delivery dates. Putting a month wide range on something be it local or OS is Bullshit. They know damn well to within a week at the outset how long shit will take to arrive.
    The tell tale is when you order separate things within hours of one another and one turns up within a 3 day window and the other one is a month later from the same location.

I always leave neg feedback for the Non local items that were made out they were ( and always get the excuse" we ran out locally so sent from OS warehouse so you got item") or the wide delivery range that end up at the furthest date.

A new one I'm seeing is the delivery date is changed when You go back and look at your order. Proved that one the other day. Ordered something, screen shotted it before the order and immediately after payment and 3 days later, the delivery date when I went to " See the item you ordered " rather than the current listing had changed. Waiting for that one to appear so I can upset that poor innocent seller by leaving neg feedback and factual description of what they did.

Perfect example Right Now. Went to let the dog out and saw the postman going up the street. Check letter box and I have one of my orders. Come in, check the tracking number, last update :

• 9 Dec 2019
    • 4:01pm

• Shipping information approved by Australia Post.

Not due for delivery till tomorrow. Spose I can't complain about delivery time but sure makes the tracking info useless.
      This time was on time, next time when it's late I'll have no idea whats happened with the lacking info provided.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post

The other thing that pisses me off that's another scam fleabay turn a blind eye to is sellers saying they are in Oz which they are not and sellers that give what they well know is fake delivery dates. Putting a month wide range on something be it local or OS is Bullshit. They know damn well to within a week at the outset how long shit will take to arrive.
    The tell tale is when you order separate things within hours of one another and one turns up within a 3 day window and the other one is a month later from the same location.

Perfect example Right Now. Went to let the dog out and saw the postman going up the street. Check letter box and I have one of my orders. Come in, check the tracking number, last update :

• 9 Dec 2019
    • 4:01pm

• Shipping information approved by Australia Post.

Not due for delivery till tomorrow. Spose I can't complain about delivery time but sure makes the tracking info useless.
      This time was on time, next time when it's late I'll have no idea whats happened with the lacking info provided.
    That's one of my pet peeves as well, Item Darwin Australia shite there about 6000ks off or Sydney at around 9000ks.
    Had an item from FleeBay china got the tracking and it showed landed after 7 days then 10 day later the part arrived from Germany with the 1st tracking still saying in transit.

Shut your dog up!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    ...The other thing that pisses me off that's another scam fleabay turn a blind eye to is sellers saying they are in Oz which they are not and sellers that give what they well know is fake delivery dates. Putting a month wide range on something be it local or OS is Bullshit. They know damn well to within a week at the outset how long shit will take to arrive.
    The tell tale is when you order separate things within hours of one another and one turns up within a 3 day window and the other one is a month later from the same location...
    Another good giveaway is the big "AU Stock" on the item images.
    One I've just picked up on recently is the exact same item being sold by multiple sellers, or the same seller with multiple accounts.
    I wanted 3 of the same item, one seller had 2 available and a different seller also had 2 available.
    So I bought 2 from one seller and 1 from the other.
    Next thing I get an email from one of the sellers saying 'sorry we don't have the 3rd item'...I thought WTF, you shouldn't know that, then it clicked it was the same arsehole selling the same stock with different seller accounts.
    It's been backwards and forwards for about a week now with the piece of sh*t stalling for as long as possible as they do, pehaps I'll get the 3rd item when it arrives from China.
    If you click on the username of these pricks 99.99% of the trouble makers show as being based in China, even though you check 'Australia only' in the search options.
    Nowdays I've got into the habit of clicking the seller's username to see where they're based and if they're based in China, I will only buy from them as a last resort if I can't find an Australian or other country seller selling the same thing.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Jma For This Useful Post:

gulliver (01-01-20)

Thanks

Many of our AusPost items seem to spend an amazing amount of time at "Sunshine West". NFI why, but it seems to be where parcels go for a few days or a week long holiday before they get delivered.

My partner ordered something from overseas ages ago. Tracking showed it delivered to FastWay in Sydney within 1 week. Two MONTHS later, it's still not here. Logged a dispute with FastWay... received a call from the local depot to say "it's not here - it's still in Sydney". Oh, you reckon, genius? That's why she was asking where it was. It's supposedly been in Sydney for two months now. Yikes.

Meantime, have gone back to the vendor and explained the situation. They've sent another one - hopefully they took notice of our request to NOT use FastWay!

Thanks

the tracking sucks with all of them and they all suck full stop.

i sent a parcel at 9.15am express yesterday to Sydney, as i type its still sitting in Brisbane
    sent from tweed so it goes to gc mail - brissy mail -sydney.

Both my address and the receivers are in the guaranteed next day post codes

pft ill hit them for a refund
    Last edited by fandtm666; 17-12-19 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jma View Post
    If you click on the username of these pricks 99.99% of the trouble makers show as being based in China, even though you check 'Australia only' in the search options.
    I saw that the other day. Checked Australia only and was wondering WTF it was going to take 2 weeks to get the thing from one side of Shitney to the other.
    Few clicks gave the game away.

Oz post was pretty good some time ( decade?) back. Used to send a lot of things express because it wasn't much more exy than registered and you got a number and the things DID arrive on time 99% of the time. You could post at 3pm and stuff would be delivered by 9am. We were constantly impressed.
    Now.....

My postman is a real nice guy. Goes out of his way to be helpful. If he rings the bell and I don't answer he goes bak to his bike and toots the horn which I can hear from up the back and come down. Always has a chat, throws the ball for the dog and will give me stuff for the neighbours if he knows they are away without me having to go fetch it.

The old courier who was a friend of the neighbours must have moved on or quit. I'll have to find out. Same thing, would leave stuff for me if they weren't home and was a good bloke. Don't think I ever got the knock and run card when he was doing the run.
    This new guy is a twit. Can barely speak English and is over the top with the dog. Literally starts blubbering like a child if he sees the thing. Won't come to the door, sits in the van and blows the horn for me to come out. Have to shut the dog inside. I said to him the other week, Grow the Fk up, you have been here enough times now to know she isn't going to hurt you.

On Saturday when he bought the stools my daughter went out to see what the horn blowing was. She stood there looking at him not knowing what was going on but put it together from what I had said. The guy sat there and she said to him have you got something for me or what. He wanted her to oepn the van and get them out. she told him to get real and he could carry them to the front step. He went on about the dog and she said she's inside. He carried the first box up and went to get the second and my daughter opened the door to put it in. Dog stood there looking and the guy came up the path and put the box down and ran back to the van.

Daughter gave him what for and called him ridiculous. Next thing he was blowing the horn in the van. she went out and he asked her to sign. She said you can come to the door, I'[m not running after you and walked back. Twit drove off so I take it forged a signature.

I try to be nice to him, asked him 4 times the other day if he'd like a cold drink of water as he was sweating like a pig and managed to tell me he started at 3am but I couldn't make myself understood for that. Sorry, if you can't communicate and have a Phobia of dogs, WTF are you doing in that job?

Next time I see the postie I'll tell him to please explain to the courier whom he sees at the depot or somewhere that OUR dog is OK and there is no need to shit his pants every time she looks out the door at him. She is just a little border Collie, guy would have died of heart attack had he seen our Rotties but they were every bit as gentle and passive as the Collie.

Got a bit more stuff coming hopefully between now and Christmas including the exy Hunting knife I finally bought myself today so I'll see how I go between the shitbay scammers and the incompetence dept of the post office.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

gulliver (01-01-20),SS Dave (17-12-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks

After reading about your dog that scares the courier I was thinking a large dog German Shepard size but a border collie I was laughing when I read that.

Thanks

Yeah, this is the dog my cats run up TO and love around and I say is the biggest pussy of an animal we have. They want to cuddle up and sleep with her and as soon as they do, she runs off. Isn't scared of them at all any other time, just doesen't want to get that friendly for some reason.
    She is just a beautiful, gentle natured little pup. My Rotties and Shepherds were too but this one has a very pretty face and wouldn't normally scare anyone. The mrs has had several conversations about getting another rottie or Shepard as the collie has Zero deterrent and security value. Well apart from scaring off one bloke we are happy to have come here.

I will open the door and she will look at him and wag her tail and doesn't try to come toward him when I tell her to sit or bark or do anything else that I could see would alarm anyone. I get he might be wary at first but when you have been somewhere a dozen times and there has be zero threat other than a passing sniff, I think it's a bit over the top.

TBH, the thing that's probably most annoying me is the way the guy panics. I have said to him a number of times, probably pointlessly that he's going to fall down the stairs in his freakout panic and really hurt himself. Won't be anything the dog did although I'll guarantee she will get the blame, it will be his own damn fault for over reacting and carrying on when there is no danger what so ever.

My fault or not, I just don't want the inevitable hassle and pain in the arse that will come with it all if that happens.

We have had at least 40 Different couriers, delivery people, neighbours etc come here and that's not even mentioning hoards of my Daughters friends that come for parties and gatherings, and she has intimidated no one. the next door neighbours love her. She sees them in the yard, grabs a ball and drops it over the fence for them to throw for her. I was in the shed yesterday and the neighbour must have came out and she went to the fence , Guy comes over and is patting her and I hear him saying" You are such a lovely girl aren't you? You just want to be friends and play, beautiful sweet dog"
    The normal reaction when she sees anyone new is to go get a ball, drop it at the persons feet and run off waiting for them to throw it to her.

I said to the Mrs the other night It might be an idea to look into a security camera so if this courier bloke does freak out and trip over his own silly feet and crack his own skull, he won't be able to say he was chased or attacked by the dog and we can prove it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

SS Dave (18-12-19)

Thanks

Double Fun today.

Courier came while I was out the front putting up lights in the monster tree out the front. Of Course Pup was with me to help.
    Comes up the driveway and blasts the horn. Ummm, can you not see me 10M away?
    Walk over forgetting about pup and he get out then sees her approaching and nearly twists an ankle and does a face plant slipping in the gravel to try and get away. Starts blubbering about put the dog inside and I lost my temper and went off saying for fk sake, grow the fk up. You have been here so many times now and she's not done a thing to you. He's blubbering so I take her all the way back up the house cursing under my breath the whole way.

Guy is thanking me walking back and I feel bad for the spray I gave him but still annoyed. He's getting parcels out the van and there are still a fair few in there. I ask him what time he finishes. He says I don't know. I said how can you not know? He says when all empty. Then he says I start at pickup at 3 am. I look at my watch and am surprised to see it's 5 to 6! Daylight saving and nearly summer solstice is deceiving. The guy goes to hand me the machine to sign and then I see him looking past me and stammering for words. I think Oh, must have left the back door open and the pup has wandered round. I look and there is a Dark Grey wallaby Bounding up the side of the yard. It stops and looks at us.

I know I'm a bastard and I know I'm going to hell but I couldn't resist.... I look, jump back grab the guy and push him in front of me saying oh shit . Don't move, it's one of those Man eating wallaby's, I heard they were around but I didn't believe it, Oh shit, oh shit. I still have hold of the little guys shoulders saying if it comes this way, jump in the van and we'[ll shut the door but be quick. By this time the guy is just about backing us both in the side door and saying dangerous? Dangerous? I'm saying mate, Those things are deadly, don't you know? His english seems to have improved and he's saying I not here long, don't know these things. I was surprised the thing was still there looking at us and I'm saying I think it's going to attack us, it will eat us both. By now the guy IS getting in the van as as he does the thing turns round and hops off and goes down the road.

I'm saying to the guy It's OK, we were lucky, could have killed us! He says this one Kill you? I said damn straight mate, there is no water and they are looking for food and they think Humans are good eating. then I turn it round and say It came because the dog wasn't here, if she was out here It would never come around. He says they scared dogs? I said even more than you mate. I said it probably could smell her and that's why it didn't attack us. Why do you think I have her with me? They keep away the man eating snakes as well.
    I look at the guy and he's speechless. I say how do you not know this? He said I not been here very long time. I just look and say, You want to be careful mate. I said my dog would protect us but you made me put her inside, we could have been killed.

I sign the thing and he gets in the van and goes down the street. I take the package in and let the dog out. Couple of Minutes later I here him coming back up the road then there is this screech of brakes. I look and the wallaby has come out from over the road and hopping along the road ahead of the guy. I can see him franticly winding up the window. I hope he didn't see me pissing myself laughing but pretty sure the poor bugger was tunnel visioned on the wallaby.

Last laugh is going to be on me, I'll never get another thing delivered here ever again by this bloke.

I do feel sorry for him. When he told me he started at 3 am and had all these parcels to go he said something I couldn't quite make out but something to the effect of making a mistake taking this job. For what could easily be 18 hour days, I'd say so.

I spoke to the guy next door about his mate that was the previous courier. Apparently he got a promotion and is running the depot or part of it now. Bet that's a better deal. He wasn't a young man either. Supposed to be 42 here tomorrow. May not see courier guy again because the poor bugger will quite or die of heat stroke. Won't be fun for anyone outside. Saturday is supposed to be a cosy 45. That's going to hurt!

Second part of the fun was the package he brought.
    Supposed to be a sealed lead acid 12 Ah 12V battery. Soon as I opened it I could see it was a 7 Ah. Had a sticker on it covering up any specs. What a surprise. Quick measurement and weigh confirmed my suspicions.... although I briefly got some doubts.
    Looking at other fleab bay sellers with the same size batteries all gave the same specs as what I had. Looking at other brands being sold by batter places online and site's like Panasonic gave much larger dimensions as I suspected.

Shouldn't be surprised. Fleabay is as corrupt a shithole as they come these days. Nothing is the rating they advertise. Spose the seller will want to refund me $1 and give me a sob story about not making much on them and other bullshit. Sorry, scamming little dishonest pricks get no sympathy from me. Probably will also be stalling tactics like send photos and other bullshit. My response is Refund or another battery in 48 Hours or neg feedback which will stay there until the problem is fixed.

Wonder how many times if ever again my courier mate will be back this week?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

Reschs (18-12-19),SS Dave (18-12-19)

Thanks

Well there is an unexpected turn.
    Seller has accepted return of the battery without any quibble what so ever. Obviously knows bloody well they have been caught out.
    Wanting to know now If I want a refund with postage costs for the battery return, partial refund and keep battery or I can bring it back to them.... 60KM away. No thanks!

I said they could send me the size battery I ordered if they even have them, which I doubt, and I would return this one or they could send me another the same... Which I doubt they will do.
    If they baulk at this I'll simply work out How much I was short changed on the battery capacity, spot on 40%, and they can refund that.... which will make it a cheap battery for what it is.

I was going to order a 7 Ah but then saw the larger ones at what I thought was a a reasonable extra cost ( HA!) so opted for the larger size.
    If I get the 40% refund, I might order another as that would make them real good value and then leave neg feedback as they will inevitably still be knowingly selling 7 Ah batts as 12's.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Well the online tracking for Aust post is finally saying that tracking has been received for my goods from Germany. Under 2 weeks Wow.
    The Aust post app is telling me it's in town then 1 hour later I get a MSG to collect, Yippee
    Down to the postal locker and collect the item and I think to check the online tracking and the parcel is still pending. Good one Australia Post and way to go with your computers talking to each other.

12 hours later the item is still pending on the online tracking from Aust Post

SS dave
    Last edited by SS Dave; 19-12-19 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks

Conversation over the few Christmas/ boxingday etc Tables I attended came up several times about items ordered locally and from OS as Christmas presents.
    Some were ordered early october with most early Nov with Christmas delivery dates well in advance.

There were quite a few that didn't arrive on time and tales of non existent tracking or tracking Disappearing once it hit Oz.
    One of mine arrived today. Ordered 4th Nov, supposedly from a local seller. Yeah, right. Mrs asked how come so many ebay sellers in Regents park and Chullora? I said that where the mail centres are and they use that as a location.

Seems a few of our Friends and Relos ordered stuff in advance that never had any sort of remotely accurate or reliable tracking and never showed well beyond when it should.

OTOH, arsey niece, Well known for endless " You have to be kidding me" events and experiences all well witnessed to be true ordered something from the other side of Oz 3 days before Xmas and had it the next day on normal delivery.
    I also got 3 packages hat weren't due till late jan/ mid feb. Surprised to see them and was glad to get them when I did although I wasn't counting on it. Fittings for my tanks and fire pump to increase my home protection capabilities was a nice bonus.

My Ripoff battery seller as well as Dodgy I think isn't too bright.
    First sends me a return lable for the battery saying they can't refund it till they have the goods back. I'm thinking this sounds like a setup.
    Hours later I get a notification from fleabay and my bank a refund has been issued. Yeah, think this may get "lost " in the post this time. Just for shits and Giggles, I might see how stupid these clowns can really be and order another and complain again when it shows up wrong size and see if I can get another refund and the battery. Serve the fkers right. They are ripping people deliberately.

I also ordered a Pair of LED driving lights. I messaged the seller before I bought them asking could they confirm they were actual 48W lights and when I put them on a watt meter that is what each light would draw. Yes, gauranteed.
    Ah huh!. Things arrive, measure them, 27W ea. Don't even know how that works out with LED's. For the number of emitters it does not add up. I can only assume there are some very second rate ones in the cluster. Put in a return Request saying I specifically asked the wattage and they lied, where do I send them back? Predictably, they ask for Photos? I say wtf is that going to achieve? They arrived, they aren't damaged, don't screw me around Or I'll leave neg feedback and expose your scam.
    Only thing I got back was another notice of a refund... which seemed weird as I only got this one from fleabay but bank confirmed it.

As For My courier mate, He actually quit!
    Postman brought some stuff last Monday and I was telling him about the guy and he said Oh, He quit! Apparently someone at the depot was giving him a hard time loading him up with an impossible amount of packages and somehow screwing the guy over. He did quit the day after the Killa Kanga so who knows if that had anything to do with it?

Postie said the new guy is experienced from another run and isn't scared of dogs so that will make things less of a pain in the arse.
    I did a courier run years ago Picking up path samples from Vets. Maybe the other courier should get a job with that crowd and get over his fears? You could be sure of coming across 10 dogs and or cats a day doing that.