Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I can't stand it anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default I can't stand it anymore!

Short Summary:

If I see or hear one more brain dead moron blaming the current fires on "climate Change" and having a sook or a protest or using it as a point scoring opportunity, I'm going to loose my shit. If anyone dares say anything to that effect to my face, I'll be in jail and they will be in intensive care. I am so sick and tired of hearing this garbage I'm completely out of patience with it.

Long rant:

Fed up with having this crap rammed down my throat every minute of the day. You can't look on the net, on the TV or read any printed material without someone is going on about climate change. The way these green washed leftards are using it as a platform to gilt trip people into coming across to their idiotic way of thinking ( which I'm sure is having the opposite effect) by standing on the ashes of Hundreds of homes and Multiple deaths is lower than low.

The ideals of it I can't even get my head around how otherwise sane people can make the statements and seem to have the beliefs they do.
    If Morrison did more in the 8? Months he has been PM, the global weather would have changed and we wouldn't have bushfires like we have.
    Can these people hear themselves? The very thought one man, any man, can do anything in any place to change the world weather is an insane statement I can't get my head around anyone in their right minds could actual say. I spose Putin is responsible for snow storms in Vladivostok that cause people to freeze to death. If Ardern did more on globull warming the Volcano wouldn't have exploded either right? Fk me!
    To go out and protest on this Ideal and cause public disruption..... I just wonder how dumb, gullible and stupid the general population has become. It's terrifying that there are that many stupid people around.

Today I got another message from more friends that have had to evacuate their home not far from here with the fires coming at them. That's the 4th lot of people I know very well and very personally. So far one friend has lost a house, one friend had their property burnt out, My father was evacuated and had a near miss, now these friends from a house they bought in May and to look at would never think they were in any danger. They were in enough danger for half the suburb to be told to get out and not given much choice. Been watching the reports and the aircraft movements all day over and around their house. I think they are OK but according to the maps and reports, they came bloody close to Disaster. I'm doing their wedding in march and that would have been a gut wrencher neither of them needed with what they have both been though in recent times.

I was looking on the net today for news and reports of what was going on and every second story had some Fktard going on about Globull warming and pissing and moaning about it. You can't escape it. Just want to get an idea of what is happening and while it is, people are carrying on with this crap.
    For these idiots, private citizens and Pollies alike, to use this stress and suffering and in factual reality, peoples lives completely destroyed, over something as idiotic as weather change disgusts and infuriates me.

At least have the Common decency to shut the fk up until it's over and show some compassion and decency rather than think of yourself and how you can personally gain from other peoples pain and misery. What the fk happened that you lost this basic human respect and sensitivity for others? You want to play the told you so game, have the brains to wait until the appropriate time and stop trying to sucker punch people when they are already down and out or have their hands full trying to make sure no one else dies.

I was reading more about the 2 Fireys that lost their lives the other night with a tear rolling down my face. I thought about that Fugly lezzo man hating bitch the other week going on about firey's beating their wives. I thought she should be rounded up, locked in a room with the widows and she could tell them all about how they won't have to be worried about being beaten up again.
    Lets see who walks out of that room and who has to be hosed out in pieces.
    In reality, she should be made to Brush her hair, dress like a woman instead of a Wharfie, go to the funerals and apologise for her pathetic remarks and be made to pay child support for those fatherless kids for the rest of HER miserable pathetic life. I'm not a faithful man but by geez, I have seen too much not to be scared by Karma and if anyone has stuck their head up for a big generous helping of kick in the teeth, it's this bitter and twisted bitch.

The green fktards are right about one thing though, it IS time for action.
    Action to put a stop to this mental illness and moronic bullshit they are driving people up the wall with and insulting their intelligence before someone really gets beyond breaking point with it and snaps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (24-12-19)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Yes George, the papers and the TV are rather fond of using the term Climate Change.

The facts are 1. The climate is ever changing due to natural effects.
    and 2. There are presently additional human made effects that are contributing to this change.

I think most who refer to Climate Change are referring to the human made effects.

The significant Human effect on the climate is the release of carbon into the atmosphere in the form of carbon dioxide. This occurs when coal and oil are burnt to produce energy. That coal and oil has been trapped in the earth for many thousands of years and that capture reduced the very high amounts of carbon dioxide CO2 and Methane CH4 that were in the atmosphere from the days of great volcanic action when the earth was formed. Plants and early life forms used these gasses and in the process released oxygen into the atmosphere. Originally the earth had very little oxygen.

As the plants and animals died the carbon that was captured in them became buried in the ground and on the ocean floor. Over time those remains became the coal and oil we use today.

When the industrial revolution commenced around 170 years ago energy was needed to power the newly invented machines and to smelt the metals required for the modern age.

Since then more and more of that captured carbon has been mined, burnt and released into the atmosphere.

The effect of this has been to increase the amount in the atmosphere which in turn has created a blanket in the atmosphere which keeps the solar energy that arrives from the sun each day captured rather than being re-radiated into space.

To explain what I'm talking about think of a cooking exercise where you place a saucepan of fluid on a gas stove. If you turn the gas up eventually the fluid will boil, if you turn the gas off it will cool down. However if you just turn the gas down a little the fluid will simmer. This occurs when the amount of heat coming in equals the amount of heat going out.The fluid will stay at a constant temperature. However if you put the lid on the saucepan you stop some of the heat going out so the temperature of the fluid will start to increase. Eventually it will start to boil again.

Carbon dioxide increasing in the atmosphere acts in a similar way, it stops some of the heat of the planet radiating out into space. Same heat coming in from the sun, less heat going out into space due to the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, therefor the temperature goes up.

Temperature goes up, more drying of the vegetation therefor the annual fires are fiercer and last longer.

Perhaps now you may understand why some of the statements made by otherwise sane people are occurring, they do have a point.

You ask what can the Government do about it? Well they could stop approving new coal mines and throw some money into developing alternative forms of energy that do not use coal and oil.

You ask people to shut up till it's over, well that will only be for this year, next year the fire season will probably start even earlier and last longer if the Government don't start to take notice and take some sensible steps to start to reverse the damage that has been done.

That action to reverse the damage will take many years and you and I will be dead and buried long before the human race sees the effect, however if this reversal is not commenced soon, in all probability a few hundred years after you and I are gone the rest of them will be joining us as the planet will have become uninhabitable.

One footnote, No I'm not a Green Fktard, but I am a retired scientist, and I do happen to understand the science behind all the kerfuffle that you are complaining about. These people do have a point, perhaps it's time to listen rather than complaining about what they are saying.
    Last edited by RogerTheDoger; 22-12-19 at 03:35 AM.

• The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

dai (22-12-19),eaglem (22-12-19),gulliver (23-12-19),hinekadon (22-12-19),Keith (26-12-19),lsemmens (22-12-19),Onefella (25-12-19),Uncle Fester (22-12-19),william10 (22-12-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

So who's going to pay? The population of the planet is increasing rapidly. Who is going to starve? Someone has to if we are to do the feely feely good thing and reduce our emissions. What you are saying is set an example, because NOTHING we do as a nation will alter things. Even cooler heads in the opposition like Joel Fitzgibbon can see this. I have no problem with any of this IF it makes a difference, but it won't.

There is a carbon footprint to everything, even windmills and solar cells made overseas in countries using coal and nuclear.

People all over the world are trying to survive. Are you going to be the one to stand in the way of the farmer in Brazil setting fire to the savanna around the Amazon to feed his family? He doesn't give a sh!t about the planet, he just wants to put a meal on the table.

The irrational professional bottom feeders like Hanson-Young protesting outside Kirribilli House the last few days could gain a little respect by actually fighting a few fires instead of practicing their pathetic whining. The much maligned Tony Abbot was.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-12-19),eaglem (22-12-19),george65 (22-12-19),hinekadon (22-12-19),lsemmens (22-12-19),VroomVroom (24-12-19)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

What's the difference between Hanson-Young and a Quantas 747?

A 747 stops whining once it lands!
    The Eagle Flies High!

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eaglem For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-12-19),enf (22-12-19),hinekadon (22-12-19),Keith (26-12-19),lsemmens (22-12-19),Uncle Fester (22-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post

One footnote, No I'm not a Green Fktard,
    You sing the song of one, word for word.

but I am a retired scientist,
    Terrific! As that is like saying you were a doctor, what was your specific field of study you worked in?
    Perhaps you could tell me how much C02 was in the atmosphere 100 or 200 years ago as a percentage of all the gas mix, and how much Co2 is in the atmosphere today over all? Don't want spin doctored bullshit like how many tons are released each year or what ever, being a denier I'm not too bright so just give it to me in simple figures I asked for and can understand.

Can you also tell me how much that would reduce as a percentage if Australia Hypothetically eliminated ALL it's co2 emissions?
    Would this mean we no longer had the bushfires as all these loon protesters are carrying on about and Blaming on globull warming?

I'm keen to know what improvement this would have.

These people do have a point, perhaps it's time to listen rather than complaining about what they are saying.
    I have listened and I have looked into it well beyond the media hype. Every single thing I have looked into I have found to be a complete and utter lie, a fabrication, an exaggeration or taken out of context. I cannot find one thing to support ANY of their claims or hysteria. I have found numerous claims made by people, scientists, Politicians etc that the world will end in 2030! At first I DID think there was something to it. How could all these people be wrong? Then as I looked and listened I saw more and more that did not only not add up, their claims were bordering on insanity!

There is so much they claim that goes against what until recent times had been taken as scientific fact and still is outside the green Cult claims.

Heres one I have a personal problem with. I have a little greenhouse and I am intrested in growing Vegetables in particular. When I look at commercial operations that put a lot of time and money into getting the best yeild possible, there are 2 basic things they do. 1. They make the greenhouse warmer for the plants 2. they routinely DOUBLE the amount of Co2 in the greenhouse because plants breathe Co2 and it is like putting a human on oxygen.
    Given this, seems to me making the planet warmer and Increasing the amount of co2 is going to make the planet greener and grow trees and plants faster and stronger so what's the problem?
    There are a lot of facts that show the planet is in fact greener than it was decades back so again, WTF is the problem? The co2 increase is fractions of 1% so not like we are all being suffocated. Scientists have come out and said the drought is not caused by globull warming but that slip of the truth didn't fit the agenda so then pressure was brought to bear to spin doctor that to create an escape of doubt so the agenda could be met. As usual.

Yes, the climate IS changing but it always has! Mans historic records go back but a dot on the page of time. We have always had droughts, we have always had fires, hot weather, cold weather, floods, storms and everything else. Poems were written about it 150 years ago so its hardly anything new. I was taught in school a long time before this hysteria came along that the planet has always warmed and cooled. The Green morons make out this has never happened before when so many historical records STILL go back over 100 years.... Unless the BOM has fiddled with the numbers to make them better suit their own agenda's.

Another give away is the predictions and claims made by the green " Scientists" have NEVER come true. Without exception, the opposite has happened. They then change the names and the narratives of the predictions to an always greater level of alarmism to make people forget they got it completely wrong the last 5 times by trying to scare the shit out of them with the next hysteria. We had globull warming and when half of Europe nearly died of record cold, then they had to change the name to Climate ( which just means weather) change to try and get the egg off their face. Of course that was convenient in that it's non specific and they can claim anything was caused by their cult of hysteria.
    The predictions made so far have all failed to even be close yet when they can't get a 5-10 year prediction right, we are supposed to believe they know what will happen in 100 years. yeah right! If the world doesent end by 2030 which is the favoured point in time right now for all this garbage, can we then forget about it and call it the complete and utter load of Bullshit and lies it is? I have a feeling that the bubble will burst some time in this next decade. The hysteria is running out of sensationalism and fear mongering places to go and it already is well beyond the boundaries of what most normal people thing is ridicilous. From here it can only dig itself in deeper.

The fact of the Matter is that over all NOTHING is being done despite the hype and screaming loons. This is probably because the Puppet masters behind pushing it know it's just a fantasy they created for their own profit that has got out of control and starting to come back and bite them on the arse now.

In any case, as I said, what are the screaming sooks going to do about it?
    There are NO practical and workable solutions to the problems. There is no solution to transport emissions, no solution to power generation, No solution to food production and that's just 3 for starters. Oh yeah, There is a lot of talk and junket trips for those in the game and money to be made by big biz like with electric cars but there is no real world practical SOLUTIONS that meet the agendas the screamers want. And FFS don't talk about batteries or solar panels or any of that garbage. They all require mining and are extremely energy intensive to manufacture, release a whole load of toxic emissions and require infrastructure and expense that would make them unaffordable anyway. They also pose disposal problems and are full of toxic materials so even if they do address the Co2 fantasy, they create a whole lod of other more dangerous problems.
    Then of course you have the problem of there will never be things like electric planes in the sky or ships crossing the ocean so that goes out the window for a start.

If you really were a scientist, it truly beggars my belief how a person I would assume was at least of average intelligence and worked in an analytical field, could fall for this horse shit? I can research and find the gaping holes in the ridiculous story's, surely a man trained to find facts could shoot it down in 3 seconds flat... unless there were vested interests or reasons why he wouldn't want to do that?
    You spin the same line all the other loons do which also makes me wonder why you don't have a more original story of your own research and findings that presents angles other than the parroted mantras?

The fact you don't have a single original argument, thought or position of your own makes me think you are either a fake or just brainwashed into the same old hysteria and probably ignoring things you DO know don't add up in the fairy tale story.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (24-12-19)

Thanks

The significant fact that I do know is that carbon that has been locked up underground for thousands of years has been released back into the atmosphere at an increasing rate over the time since the industrial revolution commenced some 170 years ago and that this carbon dioxide is causing a greenhouse effect which is causing the average temperature of the planet to increase.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (23-12-19),william10 (22-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    So who's going to pay?
    Your argument is akin to a gang bang rapist using as a defense that he was the last bloke on the line and had the smallest dick.

We all have to take action to fight climate change, stepping back and saying, "But I don't contribute much", just doesn't cut it.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (23-12-19),william10 (22-12-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I take on board everything that Roger has said, it is a well reasoned and sound argument. We do have to change our ways, and help developing countries change theirs. Nuclear, currently, is the lesser of all evils, it's a pity the professional stirrers won't see that. Another, less popular, idea is geothermal power, which should produce significant amounts of "free" power.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

enf (22-12-19),Thala Dan (23-12-19),william10 (22-12-19)

Thanks

If those who truly believe in global warming were to put their money / lifestyle where their mouth is then I may consider their viewpoint with a little less scepticism

1/ Which countries produce the most greenhouse gas & why are they not being protested against?
    2/ As above & why do they not have similar emissions targets to say Australia.... hint - follow the money
    3/ Why do all the true believers feel they have to fly all over the world for their conferences... video hookups etc would be much cheaper, more efficient & produce less CO2
    4/ Why are none of these true believers living a 0 emissions lifestyle? Definitely a case of do as I say, not do as I do
    5/ Just once I would like to see one of their predictions actually be somewhere close to accurate.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to madtech For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-12-19),enf (22-12-19),george65 (22-12-19),hinekadon (22-12-19)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,935 Times in 1,510 Posts

Too late, we're all stuffed =) Forget about plants saving us ~ as human population increases, so does deforestation. Search for 'Crude - The Incredible Journey of Oil' by ABC Science ..watch that, it's good for you.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,965 Times in 9,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I take on board everything that Roger has said, it is a well reasoned and sound argument. We do have to change our ways, and help developing countries change theirs. Nuclear, currently is the lesser of all evils, it's a pity the professional stirrers won't see that. Another, less popular, idea is geothermal power, which should produce significant amounts of "free" power.
    NOTHING is free. Like I said, someone has to pay. Are you truly willing to make big sacrifices on the altar of tokenism? Is RogerTheDoger?

Why should any sane person opt to make sacrifices when those calling for change do not even have any idea of rationality or commonsense. Ruling out nuclear and other options in favour of windmills is nuts.

Here .... the latest hypocrisy from the cults Guru and supporters...

(Paywalled)

The last paragraph is interesting....

Greta Thunberg merchandise boom looks a tacky contradiction

By Andrew Ellson
    The Times
    12:00AM December 22, 2019

Greta Thunberg may have insisted that her best-selling book was printed on paper sourced only from sustainable forests but the young campaigner’s army of supporters do not appear to be quite so environmentally diligent in expressing their admiration for her.

The popularity of the 16-year-old Swedish activist’s uncompromising message on the danger of climate change has led to a boom in the sale of “Greta” merchandise online but analysis by The Times suggests that much of it is either shipped from China or made from materials that may damage the planet.

There is no suggestion that Ms Thunberg or her family has endorsed or is linked to any of the manufacturers or vendors or profits from sales. It is unclear whether images of her are being used legally.

Amazon, eBay and Etsy are awash with Greta T-shirts, mugs, stickers, badges and bags this Christmas, most of them emblazoned with her image or popular slogans, such as “listen to the scientists” and “there is no planet B”.

Some vendors have created more niche products, such as the scented Greta prayer candle for £16 ($30) or the Greta “viking warrior” garden gnome for £33.99 plus shipping. One enterprising eBay seller has managed to shift 600 Greta car air fresheners.

Few of the products deserve to be on any genuine environmentalist’s Christmas list. The gnome, for example, is made from bonded acrylic resin, a material that is not easily recycled nor readily biodegradable. The manufacture of acrylic can also involve toxins that are potentially harmful to factory workers and the environment, according to campaigners.

Many of the T-shirts, such as the best-selling “Skolstrejk for Klimatet” on Etsy, are part polyester, a non-biodegradable fabric made from petrochemicals. The blog trustedclothes.com gives polyester a Grade F, the worst mark on its sustainability scale. It says: “Polyester requires petroleum (crude oil), a non-renewable source that is categorised as fossil fuel and other chemicals to produce, as well as energy to heat and power the process.”

Other merchandise has racked up air miles that would make Ms Thunberg lose sleep. Many of the T-shirts on eBay, for example, are manufactured in China with shipping offered worldwide. Buyers are perhaps also forgetting the appalling environmental record of China’s textile industry. The World Bank says that a fifth of industrial water pollution in the country comes from the dyeing and treatment of clothes.

Of the dozens of Greta products examined by The Times, only one offered any money to green charities, with a lone T-shirt vendor on eBay promising to donate 10 per cent of proceeds to Save the Planet.

The only officially endorsed product appears to be her book, No One Is Too Small to Make a Difference, a collection of her speeches on the environment. Ms Thunberg’s media representatives, the European Climate Foundation, declined to comment.

Not all of the merchandise available online is entirely supportive of her cause or her robust delivery. One of the most popular items on Etsy is a Christmas jumper emblazoned with an image of an angry-looking Ms Thunberg above the words, “How dare you have a merry Christmas.” Her challenge to world leaders features on other items without the Christmas quip.

A golfer was criticised on Friday for comparing Ms Thunberg to Hitler and Stalin. The European Tour winner Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano posted on Twitter that his flights produced 23 tonnes of carbon dioxide last year. In the caption, he wrote: “Another year in the books! Enjoy @GretaThunberg.” When one fan replied that it was not a good look to be mocking Time magazine’s person of the year, the Spaniard, 39, hit back: “So what? Adolf Hitler was @TIME Person of the Year in 1938. So was Stalin, not once but twice.”
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-12-19),hinekadon (22-12-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Short Summary:

If I see or hear one more brain dead moron blaming the current fires on "climate Change" and having a sook or a protest or using it as a point scoring opportunity, I'm going to loose my shit.
    <nods>

Yes, there are a few aspects here that are hard to address.
    Lets deal with the really hard one first. US. And by that I mean all of us who hate the green fvcktards for a very long list of valid reasons.

Now no matter what your current belief is about global warming you're going to have to work with me here for this exercise and rubber stamp it as valid.
    This puts us in a strange position that the green fvcktards who are wrong on so many occasions prior now have a win and they think everything they have said in the past was also correct and that everything they say in the future will also be without fault.

This is the real issue we (the rational people) have with global warming. I know lots of people who call it out for BS and I would happily join that parade.
    But the reality is that global warming doesn't isn't in line with our politics and it is with theirs. Once you realise that if it were the exact opposite, they would call global warming out as BS if it meant ramping up industrial production and CO2 emissions.

The reason we don't like global warming isn't so much because it effects our lifestyle, or that as individuals we can do SFA, or that changes in government policy would cost us greatly in a trickle down effect. (Those are all rather minor) what gets our goat is that it's letting the rabid environmentalist dog off the leash to run through politics claiming they are the solution to everything when in a lot of cases, they have contributed greatly to a lot of the problems and continue to make it worse.

So the correct play for us the people who don't like the global warming BS is to make the assumption that the people who are professionals and paid to find the truth are speaking the truth and are correct about global warming. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but once you have your own knowledge correct, then you can address the real BS.

In this case, as George is pointing out. Lets assume global warming is true. Is it the cause of the fires. No. It's not. Arson is the cause for most of the fires.
    Lightning is also a major contributor. That's what initiates the fires. Global warming does not make arsonist more prolific nor does it make thunderstorm ground strike more so.

So what about contributing factors. A warmer general climate does make it easier for fires to propagate and it makes it harder to put them out.
    We see this general trend between summer and winter in a normal year. Bush fires are generally rarer and easier to control in winter.

I see the same BS argument about global warming being the "cause" of bush fires like it is the "cause" for severe weather like thunderstorms and cyclones.
    Again, no. that is BS. "Oh my home was destroyed, that wouldn't have happened if not for global warming." No, fvck off. It was just dumb luck that your home was destroyed this time round. Global warming might change the odds slightly but nobody blames global warming because the thermal gradient in the lotto machine contributed to your numbers coming up.

And then of course there are the other contributing factors to bush fires. The politics of land and forest management that the fvcktard greens have completely fvcked over in the last 40 years. The fuel loads in some areas are enormous and these have built up to such colossal levels because of delusional environmentalism the same people are now blaming global warming for what is the result of their politics.

So the best course of action for those of you left just trying to deny global warming because you just can't give the green ####tards an inch, give them enough rope.
    Stop trying to swim against the scientific current and go with it.

My current general statement to friends and associates who are prime Greens constituents is...
    "Yes Global warming is real, but it does not validate your destructive environmentalist politics. You got lucky and now you think ya shit don't stink."

Did global warming create more arsonists?
    Did global warming create more fuel load?
    Did global warming reduce controlled burns?
    Did global warming influence land management?
    Did global warming influence firefighting funding?
    Did global warming influence land clearing?
    Did global warming reduce fire breaks?

And I can remember just as many large bush fires in the last 40 years and even more people killed with lower population density.
    43% of the land burned in NSW has been National Park. I am curious what percentage is private land and state forest.

Bottom line is that George is correct. Global Warning really has very little if nothing to do with these fires.
    Feral Environmentalism has contributed far more to the problem. The same faux politics which puts the brakes on effective strategies for dealing with global warming.
    And the media is giving these tear jerking green whankers more oxygen than the fires.
    Last edited by trash; 22-12-19 at 04:06 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (22-12-19),george65 (22-12-19),hinekadon (22-12-19),lsemmens (22-12-19)

Thanks

The significant fact that I do know is that carbon that has been locked up underground for thousands of years has been released back into the atmosphere at an increasing rate over the time since the industrial revolution commenced some 170 years ago and that this carbon dioxide is causing a greenhouse effect which is causing the average temperature of the planet to increase.
    Typical.
    Did not address one basic question I asked because you know it would undermine your position. Can't even tell us what branch of science you were working in but want to use the idea you were a scientist as a mark of credibility. That's like an obstetrician claiming because he is a doctor he knows all about mental illness.

We all know burning fossil fuel releases carbon that was locked up, no prizes for that, what we don't know and what you won't admit is how tiny a fraction that amount of CO2 is over all, how little Australia contributes to it as a total and you won't admit the chief scientist has said that reducing our emissions to zero would have no effect what so ever.

What really gets me is how people in the green cult will claim science is on their side and there is no argument but lie either directly or by omission about the facts and can't be trusted to tell the truth on anything. I know of another cult just like that and seems the green cult took their strategy straight out of the other thousand year old cult playbook.... Frighteningly so.

For a man that claims to be a scientist, it's laughable how you avoid direct questions where you should have the knowledge and skills to put down any amateur nay sayer without effort but all you can do is like all the others just parrot another verse from the green religion media releases.

I'd rather just admit I was wrong than embarrass myself like that and I would also have much more respect for people that claimed they didn't know all the answers than weasel and try to crawl out of holes when not so hard questions were put to them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (24-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post

So the best course of action for those of you left just trying to deny global warming because you just can't give the green ####tards an inch, give them enough rope.
    Stop trying to swim against the scientific current and go with it.

My current general statement to friends and associates who are prime Greens constituents is...
    "Yes Global warming is real, but it does not validate your destructive environmentalist politics. You got lucky and now you think ya shit don't stink."

Did global warming create more arsonists?
    Did global warming create more fuel load?
    Did global warming reduce controlled burns?
    Did global warming influence land management?
    Did global warming influence firefighting funding?
    Did global warming influence land clearing?
    Did global warming reduce fire breaks?
    I think there is a lot in what you say over all.

The compensation in having the guts annoyed out of one is having the last laugh in knowing it is all for nothing. The whingers whom are getting themselves arrested and crying and moaning are doing it all for nothing. It drives one to scream as loud as they do at the stupidity of it all but at the end of the day, one knows that NOTHING will be done of any meaningful effect because nothing CAN be done within the foundation of which modern society is built on.

At the end of the Day this is all just a scam for Big biz and Gubbermints to profit from. It's easy to see how different things that they can earn a buck from are pushed but things that would be far more effective and cost nothing ( therefore not making them any revenue what so ever) are completely ignored.
    I have seen on other forums how the Globull warming and solutions to it discussion go on for literally 400 pages but in all those millions od words, there is not one single practical, realistic solution put forward.

These Clowns want an end to the use of Fossil fuels but they conveniently over look that without them and other things they bitch and protest about, None of their unreliable pseudo solutions can come about. Can't make panels and turdbines without mining and fossil fuels. Lets see someone try.
    Even if we put all the materials they need in front of them, there is no way to make anything from them without them making hypocrites of themselves by using the resourses of which they protest so much about.

That being the case, the whole green / unreliable ideal is nothing but a joke and the people championing it fools, liars and complete and utter hypocrites.... all at once.
    Just Fking annoying they get to drive the rest of us insane with their stupidity and why they should all be registered to compensate us when they finally back themselves into the corner and have to admit it was all a crock of shit and a moronic ideal.

Thanks

No George I didn't answer your points because they are not relevant to the discussion, you may think they are but really they are not and just designed by those who wish to deny Climate Change, to take the discussion off track.

There is only one FACT that is relevant in the whole climate debate, the increase in global Carbon Dioxide levels.

Take a look at the following graph to put this in perspective, see the original story at

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

Keith (26-12-19),lsemmens (22-12-19),Thala Dan (23-12-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madtech View Post
    If those who truly believe in global warming were to put their money / lifestyle where their mouth is then I may consider their viewpoint with a little less scepticism

1/ Which countries produce the most greenhouse gas & why are they not being protested against?
    2/ As above & why do they not have similar emissions targets to say Australia.... hint - follow the money
    3/ Why do all the true believers feel they have to fly all over the world for their conferences... video hookups etc would be much cheaper, more efficient & produce less CO2
    4/ Why are none of these true believers living a 0 emissions lifestyle? Definitely a case of do as I say, not do as I do
    5/ Just once I would like to see one of their predictions actually be somewhere close to accurate.
    I have run into this multiple times.
    I am into DIY and alternative energy particularly with power/ fuel/heating etc. I have seen so many of these DIY / self sufficiency forums over run by the Green mentality that everything has to be green and renewable. I had a run in with one particularly greenwashed Mod some years back that was always at me for my ideas not being green and meeting the the cult mentality that no where in the forums rules did it say that anything alternative energy HAD to be green and showed a definition from several dictioniarys to prove it. I stuck it to him he was using the forum to push personal agendas and that WAS in the rules as a breach of the forum policy. He promptly had a hissy fit and dissappearded for 6 months before coming back with other stupid and ineffective ideas. This clown wanted to Circulate hot water through his pipes all the time so when he turned on the tap the water was hot straight off and he didn't waste the litre of water it took for the hot water to get there. Yeah, not like the energy losses in pumping and wasted heat of doing that would be huge! These people seriously have no clue!

The thing that pisses these hypocrites off more than anything is that I am far more " Green" than they are. I have enough panels on my roof to generate far more power than I use. They hate the fact I can " Blast" my whole large, non green house with aircon and STILL be sending power back to the grid. They can't stand the fact that for 17 years I have been running my vehicle on " Renewable" Veg oil and lucky to use 20L of diesel a year. They get on their high horse about me driving a 2 ton older 4WD and the emissions etc but are quickly shot down when I explain to them how it's using the renewable fuel they still often champion as a solution to FF which is OK for a few nutters like me, but completely impractical on even a national let alone world scale. That was proven 20 years back but they like to ignore facts that get in the way of the green cult Virtue Signalling.

Often these clowns can be caught out living a life style in complete Hypocrisy to what they preach and I have yet to find ANY of them that can match the level I do of meeting their own greenwashed agendas. Even that's not good enough, they will whinge endlessly and I have been lambasted more times than I can count because I say I couldn't give a shit about the green agenda, I do it for the money saving aspect. That puts them into a flat spin and I get called an environmental terrorist and other things that make me laugh when they are too damn stupid to see the reason I do it is irrelevant to the outcomes of doing it.

I do more than any of the rest of them to meet the goals they sook about yet rather than being the hero, I'm the devil because I don't do it for the right reasons and subscribe to their cult beliefs. Triggering them off with this uncomfortable truth is worth it's weight in gold.
    Then you get the occasional off gridder that claims he's doing the right thing because he doesn't rely on coal fired power or whatever. Easy to point out the batterys, inverters and panels they use all rely on mining and fossil fuel derivatives for their existence non to mention the toxicity in the batterys they use whatever cchemicla formulation they are. If they are using lithium, that's a home run for me because there is no recycling of Lithium atm and there is always something they are doing like having a backup generator they run on petrol or diesel that shoots that down as well.
    Not against off gridders in any way, just the ones that claim they are holier than though in the green agenda because they are off grid and that makes them green saviours.

In the man though, the typical whingers are useless pen pushers in their day job whom live in the suburbs, put a few panels on their roofs, a small water tank on the side of the house, If they are not apartment dwellers totaly reliant on the system, and claim the moral High ground because they pay a bit extra for " Green energy" or have wasted their money laughably on a home battery or some scam like that.

Another one I have got a load of times is being called a hypocrite because I have so much solar but call unreliable energy a complete and utter joke. They say you use it but ridicule solar farms and unreliable energy so that makes you an idiot. It's because, unlike you, I have so much solar and built, installed and wired the system myself that I can see the gaping difference between using it to reduce ones power bills by using the grid as a battery for when the sun goes down or I want to suck a load of power running a welder, plasma cutter or other High drain appliance ( which I can more than cover on a half decent day anyhow) and the difference between running a national grid off RE where there is no dependable and reliable backup. What can be done on an individual scale does not in any way mean it can be expanded to a national or globull scale. For a start it's impossible for the apartment and new estate shoe box dwellers to do that that takes out 30% or more of the population to begin with being able to do it. Next stupid accusation....

About now with today being summer solstice, I can easily generate over 80Kwh a day or roughly 3-4X what most homes use. On a wet day in winter, that might be 10-12 Kwh. Big difference. Laughable thing is a lot of these Green zealot preachers don'[t even know the difference between a KW and a KWH but want to lecture and Lambaste people on the subject. They also get whiny when I tell them that with my AC and other things in my totally electric house , I can easily burn through 50 KWH a day in power. They will talk about how their home only uses 10-12 Kwh a day but then continently forget to mention how much gas they use which is still a FF fuel usage. But Lets not destroy their green religion argument with annoying facts and details like that! Really hurts when I point out according to my power bill, my home has the consumption of half of that of a 1 person household. They never respond when I ask to see a copy of their power and gas bills to see how much power in total they use a quarter.

I honestly cannot think of one single green cult member I have come across that lives up to practising what they preach. The very fact they are on the internet pretty much shoots the whole green idea down to begin with. If they were truly committed they wouldn't have a computer, phjone or tablet to begin with. Nor drive a car, catch a bus, live in the city or likley have internet access in the first place.

The other thing is there is no middle ground with these green zealots. It's not good enough to say to them, How about we run off solar power through the day and have a coal power station to run off at night and make up the shortfall in bad weather so we can reduce emissions straight off by 40-50%?
    NOPE! Has to be all or nothing and it has to be done today when that is totally impractical and a ridiculous idea. They all preach reduction but what they really want is a complete and utter elimination and they want it done by tomorrow.
    Like mentioned above, maybe the best thing is to give them just that. OK, you want all renewable power, we'll turn your smart arse meter on and off to match the amount of unreliable power generated at the time. You asked for it, we'll deliver. Be VERY careful what you wish for though.
    They want to do that to me, FINE! I have put generators in place and can run off my solar stand alone if need be. I have done that because I am COUNTING on blackout over summer because of the way all these green morons have brought about the destruction of the reliability of grid power.

Of course other things like giving up driving a car and riding a pushbike that don't suit their required levels of comfort are dismissed or just not mentioned. Like the ones that go on endlessly about electric cars and defend them with the same zealot like conviction. Ask them whey they aren't driving one and you get a load of BS cop out excuses. They will tell you they are so cheap to run. You say why aren't you driving one? I can't afford one right now but I will in a few years. But you just told me how much cheaper they are to run so according to you, the savings would pay them off alone..... Crickets.

If they took a reasonable and sensible approach, they may get more respect and credibility but they go on like spoilt children every time and ruin any half decent proposal they may suggest once in a rare while.

Thanks

There is only one FACT that is relevant in the whole climate debate, the increase in global Carbon Dioxide levels.
    Great!
    Thats half what I asked for. Now, could you put it in terms I could understand. PPM is a bit over my head not being a scientist and all.
    Could you put it in more basic terms as to how many PERCENT of the OVERALL atmosphere was Co2 say in 1950 as the chart points out and how much the percentage is now?

That s a simple and specific enough question thing you say is the only relevant point of the debate for you to answer and enlighten me with is it not?
    Looking forward to having my mind changed on this subject with the answer.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Planet stressed? REDUCE the needs of 8 billion people !

What I don't get George, is if what you sometimes write is true then you are very much like me.
    Actually attempting a self sustainable lifestyle (vege garden, PV panels, water tanks, DIY your own gear and reusing old stuff/parts) then you are a true Greenie.
    A while back we would have been called Hippies, not all were about drugs, they popularised sustainable living, but drugs unfortunately ruined that for some.

It is currently not possible to be 100% self sustainable without sacrificing certain needs but these needs can be drastically reduced.

Just as an example, I drive now a plugin hybrid SUV. I drive 99% of the time in pure EV mode. The 1% is merely to avoid the ICE from self destructing so it is available if I do need to use petrol for a long distance + the few seconds of fun having you arse shoved by the torque of two electric motors and the ICE at the same time.
    PV panels charge my house batteries all day.
    The house batteries charge my car when I am home. This shit is all low cost DIY.
    I can not eliminate my use for fossil fuel but I have drastically reduced my NEED for it by 99% !
    and the ROI for the extra panels/cabling I needed was only 8 months with the fuel I saved.
    I bought the PHEV second hand for almost a third of the new price with 60,000km on the clock, usable battery life expected 200,000km maybe SOH 50% by then according to the data sheet of the cells. I will probably have nutted out how to replace all the cells with more efficient ones long before that. Already have done some magic with the range, sorry for babbling off, back on topic:

Those living in tower cities are the problem. There you will find the most climate change whingers but they have highest needs, consumer idiots with the least ability to be self sustainable.
    Because of their work for money and spend attitude, which IMO is a choice but they all have been conditioned to live and think so and can't imagine any other way, in fact if you question them they will get aggressive and no doubt some reading this will, any of those people who complain about climate change are HYPOCRITES.

Governments, taxes, climate funds, debating, demonstrating, impeding traffic, whatever will not save our planet.

It are actually those people who chose to live like me and George(if he is telling the truth) who could !
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 22-12-19 at 06:09 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (23-12-19)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Gee wiss the guy with the meter has been around a long time ! yep theres no fudging the figures politically when you know the guy with the meter whos making the measurements so accurately for so long EH but whoops nasa hasnt been around for that long has it . climate.nasa.govt oh shit the figures might be just slightly manipulated to suit the funders of nasa who are oops the politicians . But we can fool them by telling them we counted the rings in a thousand year old tree oops I mean a 800 thousand year old tree on the front lawn of the Al Gores house yep that covers all the bases so dont call me a greenie leftard HAHAHAHA you are right trash too much crap

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast