Thread: Netflix lost all my additional profiles.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Default Netflix lost all my additional profiles.

Turned on Netflix the other day and it seems to reset all profiles on both my TelstraTV and SWMBO's Fetch TV. We can still log in from those and watch netflix but it only shows my profile as being valid and 2 other profiles "profile1" & "profile2" neither of which remotely resemble any of our missing profiles.

As a thought, I just tried to log on from both my lappie and media server and it now tells me that my "address" does not exist
    Sorry, but we can't find an account with this email address. Please try again or .
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks

Ignore this, after doing a little research I managed talk with netflix via live chat, as it appeared that someone, somehow managed to change my login details and reset everything. They re-instated my account name so I could, at least, log in again with my usual credentials. (It seems strange that my TV boxes both worked.) Anyway, profiles cannot be restored so I have to create new ones.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Ignore this They re-instated my account name so I could, at least, log in again with my usual credentials.
    It goes without saying that you should immediately change your account password (if Netflix didn't already force this) to something strong. You may also want to look at the security surrounding the various devices which access your account - make sure all are devices are up to date, quality a/v, anti-malware where applicable, etc.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

You can buy stolen accounts by the 100s in not hard to find places. Change ALL your details, you have been compromised.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

gulliver (31-12-19),Tiny (30-12-19)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Of course, all done. I am running Linux so PCs all unaffected, I suspect the issue may have occured some time back when I had to upgrade wife's fetchtv and they gave me another username. (I can't recall the details as it was over 12 months ago). I probably set the new username on the fetchtv and the telstra tv and forgot about my computers also forgetting to record the changes in my usual place for keeping such login details. In all, it may have been a problem of my own making. Why it reset our the profiles, though, is another issue entirely. I suspect that it was a netflix issue.

Also, for some reason, and only on Netflix, I get lag on the audio until I fast forward a few frames and rewind it, then all is good for a while until it occurs again. That ONLY happens on my TelstraTV, not on wife's Fetch Box or any of my computers.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I only started paying for Netflix 2 years ago. If you type "buy netflix accounts" in to Google, you will find pages of sites to buy peoples login details. They are even still for sale on some countries Ebay sites.

I doubt they reset your profiles. Someone either bought your login details (as low as 50 cents) or they were in a hack dump that gets put on the web and people help themselves.
    I would suggest you follow the steps here :