Thread: Mobotix

Thanks

Default Mobotix

Hi guys
    I know Mobotix cameras don't have an installer login reset procedure (at least, not that im aware of), but there must be a way of resetting the logins without sending them back to Germany. I've just spoken to CSD tech support and this is what they suggested.

I have two Mobotix M15D cameras and a Q25 that were removed from a site last year as the client changed their requirements. No one has a record of the camera logins and they were interconnected to an IP intercom system that crapped itself, so no way of finding out.

I know these are expensive cameras so don't want to throw them out but what other options are there?

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

You can read this but it might be a brickwall (if you boot it with factory default IP, can you access it?) -->

Apart from sending it back to them, all I can think of is finding someone like myself into electronics repair/service who can open the units up to find the hardwired reset point (I'll just bet there's one there, it's just not exposed to the outside world because security)

Thanks

Thanks

This procedure is to reset the camera once you have logged in via the web browser. I have the IP address but can't get past the login, which I don't have

Cheers

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

So basically you're stuck here -->

If you believe their statements (no access/no backdoor), and that you need the factory default IP to begin the RMA process (even for this password reset business), it begs the question *how* do they achieve the password reset process, if there's no way into the device? It may suggest they're just reflashing the firmware, it might also suggest the default factory IP is involved (me being me, I'd do that with wireshark on the wire, just in case factory default IP squawks something), and they may be just replacing a ROM or such....or... there's a UART on the board somewhere that can be accessed. I guess it depends on how far you want to dig on this (relative to how much they'd charge to do the job)..