Thread: Any Pink Floyd Fans ? Major new releases.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Any Pink Floyd Fans ? Major new releases.

A major release this month with 2 box sets. I am admittedly only a "Dark Side Of The Moon" and beyond fan, and there are both early years and late years box sets.

The later years box set is what interests me. The "Delicate Sound Of Thunder" concert, which originally came out on VHS and then DVD, is in the box set remastered on Bluray. It has been very professionally changed from 4:3 to 16:9, and unlike the VHS and DVD which only have the "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" intro this has the previously unreleased full (all parts) version of the song.

From what I can see, you can only get it in the box set. I managed to find an .mkv copy on the Newsgroups, its a massive download at about 30 gig. I am watching it now, and there annoyingly appears to be a slight problem with the audio sync. I might have a crack at fixing it and converting it to .mp4 overnight.

There is also a re-edited version of Pulse, but wait, there is more. They have released the 1989 Venice concert as well as Knebworth 1990 !

I am near tempted to buy the box set but its about $350-$400 which is a bit out of my budget.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

allover (02-01-20),enf (02-01-20),mandc (02-01-20)

3. Look Here ->