Thread: Decent 24V 2000w+ Inverter.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Default Decent 24V 2000w+ Inverter.

I'm trying to set my mate up with some off grid power For the caravan he will be living in while he rebuilds his home that got wiped out by the fires.
    He has a couple of big Gennys but obviously does not want to be running them all the time especially at night when their power requirements are low.

I'm going to give him about 5 KW of old solar panels I was going to sell and he has a source of some big marine batteries.

I have suggested a 3 KVa all in one charger inverter but want to give him some alternative options as well. I have found a Cheap PWM programable Charge controller that I have had myself for some years and know works well but I'm looking for recommendation for a 24V 2000W+ pure sine wave inverter.
    I have a couple that have been very good but don't seem to be available any more. I know there is endless grossly over rated shit being sold on fleabay in these things so wondering if anyone knows of something they have used and would recommend?

Also have to sit down and work out the best way to power a small hot water heater. Thinking a diverter that dumps the excess power into the heater but keeps the batteries at float.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Take a look at the Victron gear. I have one of their smaller 12v inverters - they’re nicely made, well engineered gear. Certainly not the cheapest, but there are some reputable eBay vendors who do a better price.

The MultiPlus is particularly interesting, since it can take the output from a generator or solar panel and use it to charge the battery, or “top up” the output from a solar inverter or generator with power from battery to cope with a larger load. This is pretty useful if you’re running from a small generator that takes a few seconds to pick up when a large load is suddenly added. The MultiPlus will use battery power to make up the difference while the generator catches up, then go back to recharging the battery.

This is the smaller version, but they make bigger ones:

Last edited by shred; 04-01-20 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I have a couple of 24V 2kva inverters, but I'm just putting them back into service myself, though I might switch up to an all in one 48V system.

Solar hot water is the way to go and much simpler. You can find any old hot water system and just run solar DCV on it direct but for the effort you can score some solar hot water panels or tubes and just build a thermo syhone using any old tank. I've set one up and my only problem is that it is boiling the water dry at the moment. I have more heat than water

Shame because I found 3 flat solar hot water panels on the local council chuck out and I didn't have room to put them in the car at the time.
    If you have a hunt around you might find them at the tip or just put a wanted ad out for any solar hot water stuff.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.