Thread: ANZ Banking Scam

Thanks

Thumbs down ANZ Banking Scam

Hi all,

Just a quick heads up regarding an ANZ phone scam.

An SMS comes in saying it's from ANZ informing they will be calling within the next week regarding AEVD.

or call1800317366 (this is a Russian number) or go to anz.com. I have not tried this site but I assume it's also a scam site.

ANZ help line is pointless as usual - they want you to prove who you are before listening to the purpose of your call. even if you do not have a current account

Luv to all

Bye
    Buy cheap and pay often, - there is no substitute for stupidity.

You wipe your bum after each crap, why don't you clean your teeth after every meal?

There is no shame in being uneducated nor in being stupid.
    The true shame lies in knowing that you are and doing nothing about it.

Only the living worry about dying.

To the tobacco addicts - Smoke more and die sooner, so I can breathe fresh air. Thank you.

Education is the only sure cure for religion

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ma_Baker For This Useful Post:

David071 (07-01-20),eaglem (07-01-20)

Look Here ->

Thanks

At my work I kept on getting calls (a few afternoon's in a row) for our work location to change our phones to NBN by giving information to a technician that was going to ring! We are a government institution and I thought this is a pretty funny phone call to be getting at a government work site? It of course was a scam!

You just have to be really careful these days with all sorts of scams and people wanting info off you! I hang the phone up promptly!

Regards.

• The Following User Says Thank You to David071 For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

^ The reason I dont even answer the phone anymore if its not a known contact................just think of all those 'opportunities' Ive missed out on

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-01-20),enf (13-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

I used to get calls at work that you phone's are getting switched off in 2 day's and you will lose the internet and emails unless you change to the NBN now.
    At work we are on the NBN with Voip phone's.
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

David071 (22-01-20),eaglem (10-01-20),enf (13-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Banking Scam .... That's fvcking business as usual for ANZ.

I caught those fvckers red handed last week. Banking Royal Commission. What a fvcking joke. I want a fqcking Banking INQUESTION where the directors of Banks are tortured inhumanely until their customers stop complaining.

ANZ the fvckers ..... charge me for interest on my credit card, billed monthly and calculated on the daily high of course. Not that I have a problem with high credit card interest rates because of short term money market finance.

What I have issue with is the ANZ requires me to pay a minimum this month of $25 off my credit card. WTF for, you want to keep me in debt because I'm paying stupid interest rates.
    But fvcking no. There is a much better way to steal money. Charge a late payment fee of $20 for the unpaid $25. That works out to be 532.8%pa.

Now I'm all for a fair trial and innocent until proven guilty, but round these fvckers up in a truck now and take them out and shoot them in the back of the head in a big pit. The Jews were falsely accused of this kind of Usury in Nazi Germany and these banking fvckers are actually doing it on a national scale.

"That's a bit harsh Trash!" I hear you say. Hey, $20 is $20 and if I robbed you in the street for $20, you'd make fuvking sure that not only did I not get your coin, that I would limp away with a life long memory of failure for a crime committed. It will only take one bullet in one banker and I can save the Australian justice system and Australian citizens billions upon billions of dollars. I'm so confident of this that if one banker was shot as an example to the others, I could put up income taxes by 5% and Australians would be happier and wealthier.

How many customers does the bank steal from? But let me seal the deal on this bank's level of theft before the fact.
    That's right, this wasn't a charge they stung me after I had not paid them $25. They charged me this before the due date AND they charged me interest on that money and I caught the fvckers, fvcking red handed the day before on the 4th of Jan there was ~$21 removed from my account dated the 5th (the next day).

If this kind of shit continues ordinary people are going to get very nasty one day.
    Last edited by trash; 07-01-20 at 11:42 PM.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

allover (08-01-20),eaglem (10-01-20),enf (13-01-20),hinekadon (08-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

^ but its pointless to complain because the banks own/pay for the ppl/ombudsman (am I even allowed to say 'man' any more ??) you are supposed to complain to

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alpha0ne For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-01-20),eeprommemory (11-01-20)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post

How many customers does the bank steal from? But let me seal the deal on this bank's level of theft before the fact.
    That's right, this wasn't a charge they stung me after I had not paid them $25. They charged me this before the due date AND they charged me interest on that money and I caught the fvckers, fvcking red handed the day before on the 4th of Jan there was ~$21 removed from my account dated the 5th (the next day).

If this kind of shit continues ordinary people are going to get very nasty one day.
    That's interesting!
    Over the Festivefvckup season I had 2 automated monthly transfers that were 3 days late causing me to almost go into the red on one account.
    One was scheduled for 25th Dec & the other 28th Dec.
    Both been on time every month for 2 years.
    One of these was an automatic scheduled transfers between my accounts, the other an automated loan repayment from a family member.

I suspect they had some security issues.
    I agree, that shit can't go on, or I will get angry.
    Last edited by Tiny; 08-01-20 at 06:18 PM.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

eaglem (10-01-20),enf (13-01-20),hinekadon (11-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    ^ but its pointless to complain because the banks own/pay for the ppl/ombudsman (am I even allowed to say 'man' any more ??) you are supposed to complain to
    Are you one of the voices in my head?

Because today the nice people from ANZ rang to follow up on my complaint.
    They really have absolutely no idea how much people hate them. Completely oblivious to my simple description that a $20 fee is criminal.
    "Oh that is understandable, even if we have a late payment of $10 we charge that. The fee is the same for everybody if it is $10 or $10,000 late payment. We actually reduced it from $25." Like the fvck that was a good thing.

Jesus on a fvkcing stick. It's completely ridiculous at both ends of the stick. At $10 it is a proxy for interest payment of over 2500%.
    At the $10,000 end they're still sticking the customer for >25% or $2500. The extra $240 on top of that is STILL criminal.

"Oh but we're not doing anything wrong. The Banking Royal Commission had nothing to say on fees."
    I wanted to say "Because the bank had their cock in the Commissioner's mouth at the time."

I really wonder how long before somebody snaps. The next Ned Kelly is out there, some bogan will be pushed too far and if he has somekind of iconic figure, before you know it you'll see him plastered all over the back of utes. Bogan Immortality awaits.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (11-01-20),eeprommemory (11-01-20),enf (13-01-20),hinekadon (11-01-20),Jma (11-01-20),SS Dave (11-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

So far at least, the actual banks have managed to no wrong me at all - must be in a minority going by the avalanches of complaints of late.

What I do get regularly is 'phishing' emails from external crooks claiming my account (paypal, netflix, whatever etc) has been suspended - 'just click this handy link to to re-activate it'. Yeah sure.
    Must be very common because all those services have specific email addresses you can forward 'phishing' emails to.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,962 Times in 9,059 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skepticist View Post
    So far at least, the actual banks have managed to no wrong me at all - must be in a minority going by the avalanches of complaints of late.

What I do get regularly is 'phishing' emails from external crooks claiming my account (paypal, netflix, whatever etc) has been suspended - 'just click this handy link to to re-activate it'. Yeah sure.
    Must be very common because all those services have specific email addresses you can forward 'phishing' emails to.
    I'm pretty much the same...just lucky I guess. Although the vast majority of my few transactions go from a minor bank (internet) who have been really good.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.