Thread: Looking for good app for phone running android 9

Thanks

Default Looking for good app for phone running android 9

On my previous Android phone Xiamo Mi A1 phone I had an app that closed the screen quickly saving the need to fumble around trying to hit the Off button on the side.

My current Xiaomi Mi A3 running Android 9 I tried the same app and a couple of similar apps that had problems. Thought the last one was okay but found the phone coming back on after a short break.(About 6 to 8 seconds) LOL Must retract the good feedback I gave the developer.

Any hints to a similar that works screen shut off app much appreciated.

TIA

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,510 Posts

Use the accessibility option in the settings, and turn on the accessibility menu, you will get the accessibility shortcut in the navigation bar, where you can turn off the screen without using the power button. You will also get bunch of options like the volume toggle.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

sail (11-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Use the accessibility option in the settings, and turn on the accessibility menu, you will get the accessibility shortcut in the navigation bar, where you can turn off the screen without using the power button. You will also get bunch of options like the volume toggle.
    Many thanks!

I was going to say that doesn't work but I was distracted by a phone call while trying it and then next time hit the Power Off by mistake. Finally I got it right.(Thanks to you)

Quite pleased with the A3 and especially the cameras. Still miss my thinner and lighter A1 but would recommend the Xiaomi Mi A3 (Currently about AU$230 delivered from Toby's Deals)