Thread: Banks serving the community again!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Default Banks serving the community again!

Had to drop the chainsaw for a few minutes to go into Myrtleford today….had to go to the bank. Stopped the clearing work I was doing specifically to go into the bank.

Coles were open, Foodworks were open, Post Office was open, Chemist was open, WAW Building Society was open (it was damn busy)…..in fact, just about every business in town was open, providing their normal services to the community during a difficult period.

As far as I could tell, there were only two businesses that weren’t open……the ANZ and Commonwealth banks….the only two banks in town, aside from the aforementioned Building Society

The Commonwealth had a sign on the door saying the Branch was temporarily closed due to the current bushfire conditions….couldn’t see anything at the ANZ entrance, except my own reflection in the locked glass door.

Apparently those bushfire conditions impact solely on the ability of bank employees to provide their normal service.

Everybody else was at work and servicing the community in the normal manner.

WTF!? I think pretty much sums up my feelings

Returned home and back to the clearing work I had interrupted specifically to go into the bank.

If I was a cynic, I might be inclined to wonder if the banks were testing the water to see whether the town could function in difficult times without the need for branches.

Naaaaahhhhhh....they wouldn't do that.......would they?
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 10-01-20 at 01:34 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

hmmm maybe! I remember when you had those little banks in places like Eskdale and Mitta that were only open like one day a week.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Who needs a bank, they only take your money. Time was when the money changers were the scum of the earth, not much has changed.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (14-01-20),hinekadon (10-01-20),Jma (10-01-20)