Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today’s stupid society

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Default Today’s stupid society

2 days ago in Brisbane a group of drag queens have an event where they read stories to children…stupid idea number one

In protest a bunch of right wing conservatives from the liberal national club gatecrash the event hurling abuse…stupid idea number two

As expected the left wingers and of course the ABC are outraged and proceed to abuse the leader online and in the media. (it was in just about every ABC news broadcast that day and contained only stories condemning this conservative group and particularly their leader).

Late yesterday that conservative leader suicided from the constant bullying online and in the media.

The ABC only briefly reported that he had ‘died’. No mention of suicide. Also that drag queen story very quickly disappeared.

Today it is shown that the conservative leader that suicided was also gay....so much for the left wing constantly decrying abuse of gays.

The ABC have conveniently now made very little mention of either story...just a brief mention that he 'died' way down below Jacinta Ahern's holiday at Mt Tamborine and no mention at all on the ABC news I heard this morning.

And they reckon baby boomers are morally bankrupt…..

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-01-20),eaglem (14-01-20),enf (14-01-20),hinekadon (14-01-20),LeroyPatrol (14-01-20),lsemmens (14-01-20),Mr 672A (14-01-20),porkop (14-01-20),Thala Dan (14-01-20),VroomVroom (15-01-20)

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,858 Times in 9,044 Posts

It's just typical of the ABC....the best description I have heard is that the ABC is run by unaccountable super-bureaucrats. It defies it's own charter as to even handedness. It's become just a sad disgrace.

It's defenders (all of the left) are always apoplectic of a threat to that bias. I find this a little odd as it's luminaries are uber highly paid bigots who need to tell the poor how to think. The ABC, like all the media just lies.

Now, having said that....I wouldn't care if it wasn't some of my money being used. SKY, Nine, 10 and the rest of the media swill can do what they want as it's their money.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (14-01-20),mandc (14-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,508 Posts

...umm..... ....says that he took his own life, mentions the drag queen... >confused< .... are different states getting different coverage? Or is what they show on their website different from what they pipe to teevee? (which I wouldn't know because I don't watch teevee).... and this guy who took his own life....isn't that the same prat that got caught out mocking reconciliation with the Aborigines by saying something akin to 'how can you have respect for a culture that couldn't invent the wheel'...or some such...and the Liberals disaffiliated themselves from?

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

allover (14-01-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

So much so for “#yourrighttoknow”.

More like #yourrighttoknowwhatwewanttotellyou would be more to the point!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (14-01-20),enf (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    ...umm..... ....says that he took his own life, mentions the drag queen... >confused< .... are different states getting different coverage? Or is what they show on their website different from what they pipe to teevee? (which I wouldn't know because I don't watch teevee).... and this guy who took his own life....isn't that the same prat that got caught out mocking reconciliation with the Aborigines by saying something akin to 'how can you have respect for a culture that couldn't invent the wheel'...or some such...and the Liberals disaffiliated themselves from?
    Actually, no......it isn't the same "prat".....the bloke who was publicly flayed over the "invention of the wheel" comment was in fact Barclay McGain, Chairman of the gold Coast Young LNP.

His heinous crime was apparently to "smirk" when a schoolie he was interviewing said "I mean we’ve got to stop celebrating a culture that couldn’t even invent the bloody wheel for God’s sake. We’ve got to start enjoying and living in western culture.”

The seditious act of smirking is clearly something that must be taken seriously, and necessitates the full force of rightful fury and condemnation to descend upon his traitorous and misguided head.

Gold Coast Young LNP leader suspended over Schoolies video denigrating Indigenous culture

A Young Liberal National party leader has been suspended from the party after he was filmed laughing at a teenager saying Australia should “stop celebrating a culture that couldn’t even invent the bloody wheel”.

Barclay McGain, chairman of the Gold Coast Young LNP, is under investigation by his own party over what the state’s Labor government has called disturbing, racist comments about Australian Aboriginal culture.

McGain has been condemned on social media after he was filmed interviewing school leavers on the Gold Coast about whether the Australian flag and anthem should be “kept or ditched”.

It would seem that Voltaires' famous quote (also attributed to others) is no longer de rigueur:

However, it seems that there are those in our society today who can say that which they want, and suffer no such derision:

WHAT IS DRAG QUEEN STORY HOUR?

Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH) is just what it sounds like—drag queens reading stories to children in libraries, schools, and bookstores. DQSH captures the imagination and play of the gender fluidity of childhood and gives kids glamorous, positive, and unabashedly queer role models. In spaces like this, kids are able to see people who defy rigid gender restrictions and imagine a world where people can present as they wish, where dress up is real.

Words fail me.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (14-01-20),enf (14-01-20),hinekadon (14-01-20),mandc (14-01-20),wotnot (14-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Thanks for the clarification.... and yes, words fail me as well on that...(actually, no...but all the words I can think of are no doubt politically incorrect).

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (14-01-20),hinekadon (14-01-20),SS Dave (14-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    So much so for “#yourrighttoknow”.

More like #yourrighttoknowwhatwewanttotellyou would be more to the point!
    isn't that then normally then followed by.
    #youdontneedtoknowBASHWACKTHUMP now shut up and keep your head down.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eeprommemory For This Useful Post:

enf (14-01-20),porkop (15-01-20)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Has any one here considered the kids and how the gate crashes affected them? , Not one
    kids could not give a stuff because they are too young to draw bigoted opinions like some here at Austech, about being read too by a drag queen, the parents obviously were unaffected and up to the time as they allowed their children to be read too by them, alls well
    Then the event is crashed by publicity seeking idiots, watch how the kids are affected with all the shouting and carrying on by these imbeciles, it was on television
    Then the ABC gets blamed for his suicide, gees draw a long bow, sure they reported the story, only reason Ch 7, 9 and 10 did not was they weren't there
    So the deceased committed suicide, i am sorry for him and his family, do you think he may have had a few problems!!!. He was excommunicated from the Libs and Country party late last year, why did they do that, must have been a good reason!!
    He created the situation, he did not have any concern of the kids and how his actions would affect them, he knew cameras were there, he wanted the publicity, he got the publicity but could not handle the situation of his own making
    Do not blame the ABC
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

I think this needless suicide would not have happened (along with many more) if not for the scourge that is 'social' media and the lazy/stupid/intolerant leftards that infest the likes of the echo chambers twatter, fakebook and the ABC

Farrrr too many ppl are simply not mature/balanced/sane enough to have unrestricted access to social media IMHO

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    Has any one here considered the kids and how the gate crashes affected them? , Not one
    Not one??

"2 days ago in Brisbane a group of drag queens have an event where they read stories to children…stupid idea number one

In protest a bunch of right wing conservatives from the liberal national club gatecrash the event hurling abuse…stupid idea number two"

So you think only the gatecrashers affected the kids? What about kids being read stories by drag queens? Stupid,stupid,stupid. Both lots are idiots.

My gripe was not that the ABC caused the suicide but the blatant bias in reporting of this whole sorry fiasco.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

ammlione (14-01-20),enf (14-01-20),lsemmens (14-01-20),VroomVroom (15-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    kids could not give a stuff because they are too young to draw bigoted opinions like some here at Austech, about being read too by a drag queen, the parents obviously were unaffected and up to the time as they allowed their children to be read too by them, alls well
    Then the event is crashed by publicity seeking idiots, watch how the kids are affected with all the shouting and carrying on by these imbeciles, it was on television
    Then the ABC gets blamed for his suicide, gees draw a long bow, sure they reported the story, only reason Ch 7, 9 and 10 did not was they weren't there
    So the deceased committed suicide, i am sorry for him and his family, do you think he may have had a few problems!!!. He was excommunicated from the Libs and Country party late last year, why did they do that, must have been a good reason!!
    He created the situation, he did not have any concern of the kids and how his actions would affect them, he knew cameras were there, he wanted the publicity, he got the publicity but could not handle the situation of his own making
    Do not blame the ABC
    When the “gay” community finally decided that they wanted the community to accept the concept of “gay” marriage, several things happened.

First, there was a great deal of public discussion (some of it less than civil);

Next, there was a postal survey across the nation – a total of 12,727,920 Australians responded, resulting in a 61.6% Yes vote, and a 38.4% No vote.

Once the postal vote was completed, a Bill was introduced into Federal Parliament to legalise same-sex marriage – parliamentarians on both sides of the aisle were allowed a conscience vote by their respective Parties.

The Bill passed the Lower House, and then passed the Upper House 43 to 12.

This process is called Democracy, and the result of the process is what is called a Social Contract. That is, society has been given an opportunity to debate and vote, and then Parliament brings into law the wishes of the society, and all of society is expected to accept the outcome.

Generally speaking, when this process is undertaken properly, and all members of society feel that they have had a chance to have their say and be heard, society accepts the outcome and the new normal, and gets on with life.

Unfortunately, a rag-tag bunch of alphabet sexes has jumped on the coat-tails of this successful campaign and process, and used it to leverage advantage for themselves and their beliefs.

There has been no social contract established, and society at large has not been consulted about the social legitimacy of “drag queens”, and many of the other assorted sexual orientations that now seem to abound.

In fact, there is considerable fear and suspicion throughout society about some of these “permutations”, particularly given recent publicity about child abuse.

So, as much as it disturbing that the children at the book reading were upset at what happened, until such time as society is given the same sort of opportunity as that described above, you can expect to see a lot more of this sort of behaviour.

It is what happens when a society has something rammed down its throat without consultation or involvement.

I’m actually surprised that some Australians have got up off the arse and done something about it – it’s a promising sign for the future, when some far more important and far-reaching issues are lined up for our obsequious acceptance.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (15-01-20),enf (14-01-20),gordonwh40 (15-01-20),hinekadon (14-01-20),lsemmens (14-01-20),wotnot (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

When My kids were in Kindergarten, I volunteered to do guided reading one morning a week with the kids. I have always believed that reading in this ( and then) day and age good reading skills are the most important thing for kids. If You can read, you can teach yourself and learn anything. If you struggle reading you'll struggle forever.

I had been doing it a few months with the kids and enjoyed seeing them come on when one day I decided to take the Harley to School. Half way through the principal shows up and wants a chat. Knew what it was really about and told her so and she was straight up about why she was talking to me.

Seemed the fact I turned up on the bike with my leather jacket and Black jeans had some other parent concerned about me being round the kids. Dunno if the parent thought I was going to sell the kids drugs or what but anyway.
    20 years later in the days of such elevated and often over the top Child protection, they have drag queens reading to kids and that's not supposed to be questioned?

Am I biased against Drag queens? Not especially. Have had a few as clients and the people I dealt with were all successful Business people that were well off and certainly above well educated. Would I want them reading to my kids? FK NO!

Kids are getting brain washed enough they can be Arthur one day and Martha the next and all these other garbage new age ideas by thouse that can't make up their own minds what they want to be. I think that is complete and utter Bullshit. I don't see this as an innocent thing for the kids at all, I see it as an agenda pushing exercise by yet another whining minority group. Kids don't need to be exposed to this or have it rammed down their throats.

I would be 99% certain the drags I worked with wouldn't approve of it either. They were very self aware and realised they were on the fringe and wouldn't want to put their proclivity on anyone. I KNOW one guy wouldn't even keep his outfits at his own home and kept what he did from his own young kids.

Yeah, I know we are also supposed to accept and agree with any Minority group that cries hard done by and just blindly accept them as wonderful and assets to the world but I refuse to do that. My views and position is important to me like all these others are to them. If others don't like it, I'm not asking them to.

Not sure what the " event " was but I would not allow my kids to be involved. Plenty of time to learn about these people well after they have learned to read. My kids grew up with my bigotry or " racism" as is the preferred word for anything these days but they Turned out real good well adjusted kids that have friends of all persuasions and backgrounds so I guess my outlook didn't muck them up at all.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (15-01-20),ammlione (14-01-20),enf (14-01-20),VroomVroom (15-01-20),wotnot (14-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I recall back in the 60's when they started bringing up the notion of 'sex education' for kids (primary school). Not exactly sure why (perhaps the education department wouldn't have a bar of it), but this 'education' took the form of a community gathering in the local town hall (circa. 1966, Leichhardt, Sydney), with all the local parents & kids turning up for an hour long presentation, which meant next to nothing to me and my friends...except perhaps polarizing opinion of other community members, that my parents were *that* kind of progressive, new age parents, and their kids should steer clear of us, just because we knew all about sex. Later, in high-school, I understood what they were trying to teach us about all those years ago when we were more interested in firecrackers & tree-houses -- it was a primer into biology!

Trying and imagine what it would be like to conduct 'sex education' now-a-days, in the same manner, is beyond me ...ie; relative to today's alternatives, the only 'teacher' that would have an authoritative position to teach 'sex education' today, would had to have spent time as a heterosexual, a homosexual, a hermaphrodite, and some time as every variable of the 'alphabet people' to boot, before they would qualify as a 'sex education teacher'...and of course, blue card is mandatory.

Strange how biology got left behind....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (14-01-20),george65 (14-01-20),hinekadon (14-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

the parents of those kids attending the drag queen story time are probably just as screwed up as the faggot drag queens . those kids have no hope of being normal

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

george65 (15-01-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    I think this needless suicide would not have happened (along with many more) if not for the scourge that is 'social' media and the lazy/stupid/intolerant leftards that infest the likes of the echo chambers twatter, fakebook and the ABC

Farrrr too many ppl are simply not mature/balanced/sane enough to have unrestricted access to social media IMHO
    People also dont know how to switch it all off. Someone pisses me off on social media I just block them, problem solved, I dont see their crap.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (15-01-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    People also dont know how to switch it all off. Someone pisses me off on social media I just block them, problem solved, I dont see their crap.
    I block (anti) social media off entirely....I have enough crap in my life without extras.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

mandc (15-01-20),wotnot (15-01-20)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I block (anti) social media off entirely....I have enough crap in my life without extras.

That would be exactly the same reason I don't listen/read/watch mainstream media {ahem} 'news'.

I was trying to think last night when today's society started loosing the plot ... perhaps it started with the outrage about 'golliwog' dolls, or a children's song containing that word? Suchlike or similar. I recall, as a kid, being totally puzzled by it all - to us the golliwog was 'just a doll', like a teddy bear or any other stuffed animal toy (I had a stuffed winnie the pooh). Why were all these adults construing it as a racist slur? It's just a doll.

I guess now, we have gay teddy bears, the tooth fairy is a stalker, and the boogyman is a dangerous pedo... and Ken & Barbie never got genitals, because they were undecided about their sexuality? (even though they always clearly looked like boy & girl to me =)

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (15-01-20),Tiny (15-01-20)

Thanks

Seems like we ain't seen nothin' yet:

Drag Queen Story Hour Continues Its Reign at Libraries, Despite Backlash

Once upon a time, at a public library in San Francisco, a drag queen arrived at story time and read to the children she met there.

The children — no strangers to playing make believe — had fun, and soon the idea of drag queens hosting story time spread to New York.

It was an unconventional idea, both for the normally staid libraries and the drag queens, many of whom were more accustomed to hosting night-life events than M.C.-ing daytime singalongs.

But it quickly caught on.

Today, four years after that first event, drag performers regularly entertain children at libraries and community centers in progressive enclaves like New York and Los Angeles as well as red-state towns like Juneau, Alaska, and Lincoln, Neb.

But as the popularity of drag queen story time has grown, so has the backlash. It has emerged in liberal bastions like Brooklyn and more conservative towns like Cookeville, Tenn., with critics objecting to both the performers and the books they read, which include classic fairy tales and modern parables about inclusion, like “Julián Is a Mermaid” by Jessica Love and “Neither” by Airlie Anderson.

Another Drag Queen Story Hour pervert exposed as a sex offender… why are public schools subjecting our children to these deviants?

A second “drag queen” who’s been actively involved with readings of LGBT books to young children and infants at “Drag Queen Story Hour” (DQSH) public library events throughout the greater Houston area of Texas has been outed as a convicted sex offender and pedophile, as well as a “transgender prostitute.”

Ya gotta admit though.........top marks in the costume department:

Just do a bit of Googling......the results from the U.S. will stun you.

Coming to a library/school near you very, very soon.

Beam me up, Scottie.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (15-01-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    .................................................. .

Beam me up, Scottie.
    Nope......Arm photon torpedoes.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

george65 (15-01-20),mandc (15-01-20),Thala Dan (16-01-20),Tiny (15-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post

How could something like that not traumatize the shit out young kids and disturb the hell out of them? How in hell do you answer the inevitable questions and explain WTF they are or are doing or why they are dressed like that?

I admit I didn't read the original linked story, I thought it was about blokes dressing up as women not Fking weirdo Freaks. The ones I worked with looked like Mrs Doubtfire or your well to do Aunt Gladys, not some reject from a freak show. I don't care if they are the most trustworthy people in the world, doesn't come into it. Their appearance and the questions they would raise in impressionable kids minds would be enough for me to keep my kids well away. The underlying leftist agenda would be the secondary factor. I do NOT approve of all this new age garbage and certainly don't believe small kids need to be brainwashed with it which is, much as it would be denied by the Lgbtxqwwuzxfyawhatthefukever whingers IS the reasoning behind it.

Someone put one of those freaks in front of my kids without my permission and it would make the news.
    Any parent that did it willingly...... Needs their arse kicked and their fitness as parents looked at very closely.

Just thinking, lucky my daughter is an adult now and I don't have to worry about this sort of thing or getting myself arrested. It then ocoured to me that maybe one day before I turn up my toes I might become a grandfather.

These weirdos and I aren't out of danger yet.
    Last edited by george65; 15-01-20 at 05:35 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (16-01-20),VroomVroom (16-01-20),wotnot (15-01-20)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast