Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Join The Liberal Pork Barreling Club which you all support as usual

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Default Join The Liberal Pork Barreling Club which you all support as usual

New Liberal Marketing Strategy "We Support Pork Barreling as long as it's Liberals doing it"

What The Liberal Party Stands For
    Stealing Funds from Sports Fans in Safe Seats
    to Buy Votes from Sports Fans in Marginal Seats.

This advert is Endorsed by S.C.O.M.O which stands for
    Sport. Clubs. Owe. Me. Office.

Poor-C. Barrel-in. (Poor-Club Barrel-in - a smoking hot "Barrel" shooters club, 35 grand Thanks stuff the safe seats)
    By the Nothing to see here ignore it long enough people
    forget and move on Strategists of The Liberal Party

Since when is a gun club a useful sport to the community it won't get you fit
    unless your a marching club of defense recruits carrying guns. It's the club of lets get our
    rocks off blowing up stuff club, just as valid as a kids
    club of lets blow up letterboxes with crackers club.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pheggie For This Useful Post:

RogerTheDoger (23-01-20)

Look Here ->

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Calm down mate. You have a good point. What she did was inexcusable. She got caught. She should go. Unfortunately pork barrelling is a disease of major party politicians generally, not just the Nationals. The others would like to but don't get the opportunity.

Labor did not lose because of this. They lost because they had a terrible leader and terrible policies.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (24-01-20),eaglem (24-01-20),enf (23-01-20),LeroyPatrol (31-01-20),pheggie (23-01-20),VroomVroom (24-01-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pheggie View Post
    New Liberal Marketing Strategy "We Support Pork Barreling as long as it's Liberals doing it"

What The Liberal Party Stands For
    Stealing Funds from Sports Fans in Safe Seats
    to Buy Votes from Sports Fans in Marginal Seats.

This advert is Endorsed by S.C.O.M.O which stands for
    Sport. Clubs. Owe. Me. Office.

Poor-C. Barrel-in. (Poor-Club Barrel-in - a smoking hot "Barrel" shooters club, 35 grand Thanks stuff the safe seats)
    By the Nothing to see here ignore it long enough people
    forget and move on Strategists of The Liberal Party

unless your a marching club of defense recruits carrying guns. It's the club of lets get our
    I wondered how long the usual suspects would take. Never fails.

There is no excuse for this if it's as advertised. She's a National isn't she? Apparently she ignored advice from the public service, and it seems she has now been placed in the position of having to wait for their judgement on the issue. She was PARTICULARLY stupid in this case.

Perhaps the government could just use their numbers including a criminal like Labors Craig Thomson to squash this. I remember your posts regarding that too...not hard to remember nothing.

They can fry the bitch as far as I am concerned, but put the hypocrisy away pheggie. They all do it. And you know it.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (24-01-20),eaglem (24-01-20),pheggie (23-01-20)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 894 Posts

Oh fking spare me!
    Clearly you have never been on a range or have a clue WTF you are talking about but are talking shit anyway.

If you want to bitch about the pollie, go ahead but dont slander the sport to point score your complaint.

Who says a sports club needs to be about getting fit? There are hundreds of lawn bowls clubs around the country that are a great source of enjoyment, company and belonging for tens oh thousands of seniours whom are well beond getting fit but to infer they are worthless because the members arent running round a paddock is stupidity.

I took my 81 yo father back to his old pistol club the other weekend. Just got him to retire from working full time (and beyond) and want him to have an interest and not sit round at home. I doubt he'll ever shoot competitively again, his shakes would mean he hit every target but his own but that not the fing idea of it any way.

Many of the blokes were glad to see him come back and he was glad to catch up with them. He may not shoot but he can score, be a range controller, do gun checks and a load of other things so others can enjoy shooting.
    Won't make jack shit difference to his physical fitness (and id bet my arse many people 20-30 years younger couldnt keep up with his endurance or have been working as hard) but right now, I'm far more concerned with his MENTAL fitness.

I'll be taking him to other places and getting him involved with things primarily so he can sit on his arse for once in his life and take it easy. He's earned it well and truly.
    Having a place to go and talk to people/ friends and an interest couldnt be more to the commounitys benifit and if dillatantes cant see that and think a gun club is all about "blowing stuff up" ( fk me, how ignorant can you get?), well thats to there embarrasment and lack of credability not anyone elses.

I have never known any amateur sports club to be about anything bar mateship and sense of commounity. The fitness aspect is pretty laughable also given how pretty much every adult team gets on the piss after a game. As for kids, if they are fat overweight porkers, 90 min training and 90 min game time a week is not going to make one scrap of difference to their fitness if every other thing they do as kids hasn't.

If you think sports are just about fitness, you really havent got the first damn clue what its about so don't use it as an excuse to justify your bitching about other things .

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

ammlione (26-01-20),pheggie (23-01-20),snacker (24-01-20)

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george65 View Post
    Oh fking spare me!
    Clearly you have never been on a range or have a clue WTF you are talking about but are talking shit anyway.

If you want to bitch about the pollie, go ahead but dont slander the sport to point score your complaint.

Who says a sports club needs to be about getting fit? There are hundreds of lawn bowls clubs around the country that are a great source of enjoyment, company and belonging for tens oh thousands of seniours whom are well beond getting fit but to infer they are worthless because the members arent running round a paddock is stupidity.

I took my 81 yo father back to his old pistol club the other weekend. Just got him to retire from working full time (and beyond) and want him to have an interest and not sit round at home. I doubt he'll ever shoot competitively again, his shakes would mean he hit every target but his own but that not the fing idea of it any way.

Many of the blokes were glad to see him come back and he was glad to catch up with them. He may not shoot but he can score, be a range controller, do gun checks and a load of other things so others can enjoy shooting.
    Won't make jack shit difference to his physical fitness (and id bet my arse many people 20-30 years younger couldnt keep up with his endurance or have been working as hard) but right now, I'm far more concerned with his MENTAL fitness.

I'll be taking him to other places and getting him involved with things primarily so he can sit on his arse for once in his life and take it easy. He's earned it well and truly.
    Having a place to go and talk to people/ friends and an interest couldnt be more to the commounitys benifit and if dillatantes cant see that and think a gun club is all about "blowing stuff up" ( fk me, how ignorant can you get?), well thats to there embarrasment and lack of credability not anyone elses.

I have never known any amateur sports club to be about anything bar mateship and sense of commounity. The fitness aspect is pretty laughable also given how pretty much every adult team gets on the piss after a game. As for kids, if they are fat overweight porkers, 90 min training and 90 min game time a week is not going to make one scrap of difference to their fitness if every other thing they do as kids hasn't.

If you think sports are just about fitness, you really havent got the first damn clue what its about so don't use it as an excuse to justify your bitching about other things .
    Point taken so the 36 Grand of government money your tax dollars went to a shit load of piss, not for the profits of the local gun shop. Drink and guns a good mix.

Thanks

I think this is shocking, not because she is National Party member, but because this was done during an election campaign and it appear that there was unfairness in the distribution of the cash. If I remember correctly Labor did this also some years ago and that was unfair also.

However on a deeper level, I don't know why taxpayers funds are given to such clubs, if people love their sport, surely they should pay their own bills? On the other hand if money is spent assisting schoolchildren with some coaching so that they can become proficient in a sport, to me that seems OK provided the funds are not directed politically.

• The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTheDoger For This Useful Post:

pheggie (24-01-20)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post
    I think this is shocking, not because she is National Party member, but because this was done during an election campaign and it appear that there was unfairness in the distribution of the cash. If I remember correctly Labor did this also some years ago and that was unfair also.

However on a deeper level, I don't know why taxpayers funds are given to such clubs, if people love their sport, surely they should pay their own bills? On the other hand if money is spent assisting schoolchildren with some coaching so that they can become proficient in a sport, to me that seems OK provided the funds are not directed politically.
    They all FKN do it. Every now and again someone gets caught out....this will disappear into political obscurity until the next one gets caught.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

DB44 (24-01-20)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

From The Australian the other day................

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

eaglem (24-01-20),hinekadon (24-01-20)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Problem is, no matter where the funds go, there will be cries of pork barrelling or favouritism. Maybe there should be a moratorium on all funding distributions in the 12 months prior to an erection. (pun intended).

FWIW, if you have ever played lawn bowls, george, you would know that there is a lot of exercise involved. During the course of the game you must walk back and forth from end to end, which, to some, is a major effort in itself. Placing your bowl is not just a matter of rolling it and hoping for the best, it requires concentration and discipline that many never seem to master. There are many "low impact" sports for which "no effort" is required. A good one is elbow bending. Used to happen regularly just before 6pm. (maybe that was before your time, though)
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Point taken so the 36 Grand of government money your tax dollars went to a shit load of piss, not for the profits of the local gun shop. Drink and guns a good mix.
    Yep, proving ones ignorance (and lefty bias) as well as ,making up complete and utter shit to back up a whinge is to ones own detriment of credability far more than anyone elses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheDoger View Post

However on a deeper level, I don't know why taxpayers funds are given to such clubs, if people love their sport, surely they should pay their own bills?
    Maybe one reason money is given to sports clubs is that so every 4 years we can all become sporting experts and pretend we give a flying fk about things like sailing and BMX and other obscure sports when the olympics rolls around.

Given how much is put into that, I think what is put into the amateur clubs where those "doing it for Australia" (and have no intention of setting themselves up for life with endorsements, political careers, board members etc) all originate from, is chicken feed.

If they want to get out and get fit of a weekend, let them do it on ther own coin. If the annual fees for the local u9 footy team go up from $100 a year to 1500 becasue there is no more gubbermint support, I'm sure all the parents will still pony up for their 2 kids just the same.

Much better we put the money into overseas pensions and building mosques etc.

Ironically, last gun club I was in was so flush with money, we were donatingnto other clubs and chaitys. Used to hire a private range and with a weekly income of over $1200 a week just from peoples weekly range fees, we had more money than we knew what to do with.

Various jnr sporting clubs and local charities (meals on wheels and a workshop that made one off equipment for the disabled were a couple of them) were recipiants and the last year i was there we donated $37k all up.

We had to be a non profit but if we didnt we could have invested the money in property and been an empire by now.

Of course being a nation that is so sports obsessed and take so much pride in winning medals, shooting sports have earned us more than their fair share.
    Last edited by george65; 24-01-20 at 09:21 AM.

Banned

Thanks

Guns aren't cheap guess they needed the money so she'll hold on to her job was being praised for her work by Dutton this Morning on Today. Apparently the only demands
    for her dismissal are from Twitter Crazies. Is Donald Trump a Twitter Crazy? I use Facebook not twitter.

Thanks

All gun clubs have a rule. NO ALCOHOL on the range. and if you have had even a sip of booze you DO NOT HANDLE a firearm on a range.This is strictly enforced.

For the record Pheggie, Im a Shooter, I dont shoot animal or hunt. I shoot paper targets... I travel to the Mudgee region 5-6 time a year at 3 days a time to go to my club, yes i live in SYD but travel to Mudgee to enjoy my chosen sport.. I inject approx $500-600 of my hard earned in to that region's economy every time i travel there. I am one of approx 300 other people that do the same just for this one GUN CLUB.
    Mudgee is in the grip of a a drought and the region is suffering a down turn economically because of it.. I could not give a Flying nog of goats droppings if the grants where given to a Nitting club. The money goes to upgrade facilities at that club which in turn encourages more people to attend. in regional area's it give a boot to the local economy via construction and then ongoing attendance. The type of sports / Clubs the money was given to is not the issue. the issue is the ethics.

This whole thing does not pass the "pub"sniff test.. and sadly there will always some applicants that will miss out on the grants because of poor paperwork or lack of enough funds to spread around. however the reports are indicating that no due process and fairness where applied to the grants.

It does not matter what type of club got the $$$ it matters that the proper process was not followed giving everyone a fair suck of the teat as they say..

As to what George65 wrote.. absolutely spot on.. many people go the range for the companionship, the social interaction and to still feel worth.. A lot of the older gen that turn up at my range dont shoot but offer some of the best advise in relation to the sport and all aspects of it; as well as day to day life advise. They are also some of the best people to spot the odd person that needs extra coaching or a quite word to get them on the right path.

You don't have to like shooting or gun Pheggie, however I would actually encourage to to attend a range and see just what goes on.. you don't have to change your stance at all.. but you will learn it is very different to how the media and anti gun people portray it. You are more than allow to dislike a sport. However if you are going to speak negativity about it do it with some education behind your words.. not some half baked media representation.

SNACKER

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snacker For This Useful Post:

ammlione (26-01-20),george65 (24-01-20),pheggie (24-01-20)

Banned

Thanks

Humans will socialise inspite of guns not because of them, this is what happens when your beloved gun lobby control your government.
    You want American gun laws in Australia do you? Only the Libs can keep you safe - until infiltrated. Watch and learn. It's a slippery slope
    with no return. Locked in locked and loaded. "oooooo the governments gunner take my guns away, (weep, weep)" Would you still go to the club
    if you couldn't get your hands on a gun?

Last edited by pheggie; 24-01-20 at 11:14 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snacker View Post
    Nitting club.

Knitting dammit, just being a pedant .... and avoiding references to greyhounds.

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

snacker (24-01-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Knitting dammit, just being a pedant .... and avoiding references to greyhounds.
    See no Old timers around to give me Life advise and correct spelling...

nice pickup.. and apologies to any gramma and spelling police out there

Thanks

Humans will socialise inspite of guns not because of them, this is what happens when your beloved gun lobby control your government.
    You want American gun laws in Australia do you? Only the Libs can keep you safe - until infiltrated. Watch and learn. It's a slippery slope
    with no return. Locked in locked and loaded. "oooooo the governments gunner take my guns away, (weep, weep)" Would you still go to the club
    if you couldn't get your hands on a gun?

At the risk of hijacking this thread..

Please dont compare Australian firewarm owners to the america firearm owners, we have very different mentality and laws. if you read the arguments for and against firearm ownership, Australian firearm owners are complaining the laws brought in only stop lawful ownership and use of said firearms. it does not do anything to stop / reduce criminals. where 95% of firearm crime comes from.

America's protest based on a constitutional rights of which we do not have here in Aust. Owning a firearm here in Aust is a privilege not a right, same as having a driving license.

It is a right in America.

The Australian don't take my gun away argument is based around a criminal committed the crime with either a illegal / stolen firearm. but law enforcement targets the legal owners that meet the govt legal requirement for safe storage and checks every few years to ensure they continue to meet the law. strengthen the law around safe storage and reduce stolen firearms. Strengthen customs checks to stop criminals importing firearms and parts thru Aust post, to reduce illegal guns.

Could there be better enforcement and checks for lawful and legal gun ownership, yes there is always room for improvement.

Most firearm owners are happy to have sensible and carefully thought out laws that effect their ability to own / use firearms. not hysteria and knee Jerk reactions.

a typical example is some thing like this

Police are due to attend for a safe storage inspection, owner does there own reloading of ammo to improve performance. police attend inspection see case's stacked with primers. prosecute owner for having unsecured ammo.
    Media report firearm owner with a arsenal of weapons (5 guns) and 1000's of rounds of ammunition arrested.
    Case goes to court, case gets thrown out due to incorrect understanding of the law. a live round must have 3 components. not 2.
    no reporting by media of dismissal of charges. Joe blow public only hear about the bad gun person. as for the 1000's of round of ammo, a typical .22 owner will buy a Brick of ammo because it is cheaper, a Brick is a box of 500 or 1000 bullets depending on the manufacture.that ammo would last them depending on how much they shoot,6 months. to many years...

This is why we have hystria about firearm ownership. Yes there are legal firearm owners out there not doing the right thing, and it is up to the legal lawful firearm owners to ensure the bad ones are weeded out reported.

But the point is how things are reported play a major role in how people see things.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snacker For This Useful Post:

george65 (24-01-20),Jma (25-01-20)

Banned

Thanks

I see your point however Al Jazeera proved Australian Politicians are willing to sell out with support for donations from The american gun lobby.
    Don't see value in weakening our gun laws seem to remember before the election on TV Bridget was openly supporting and promoting the gun lobby on Q and A i think.
    Not all gun owners support your view some want open slather like there are always extremists. If every one owned a gun for protection then it's a stalemate nobody has the upper hand so nobody is safe except quick draw macgaw

• The Following User Says Thank You to pheggie For This Useful Post:

snacker (24-01-20)

Thanks

You are wasting your time snacker.
    There are always going to be ignorant morons out there that think they know it all at the same time proving beyond any shadow of doubt they dont have the first damn clue. Like all sooking lefties, they don't care about facts or truth, especially any that gets in the way of the bullsht drama they want to create and have a sook and cry about. The fact their whinges and bedwetting is completely without foundation is irrelevant.

As also clearly demonstrated, they will talk endless and irrelevant shit in increasing proportion to the number of times their laughable tirades are proven wrong.

One of my favourite things to show up the gun whingeing fktards is when they inevitably say " They should make it harder to get a gun, they are too easy to get" is to ask them what the process is to currently get one?

NEVER have I come across one bleeding heart moron that even had the first clue what was involved. Most of these clowns will tell you " You just go to the police station and they will give you a licence and you can get one".
    When you laugh at them and tell them they dont have a clue, they will still insist they are still too easy to get. When I ask what they base that belief on when they dont even know what is involved therefor wether they are easy to get or not, they will dismiss that inargueable logic and insist it doesent matter and then come up with some othe crock of ship, generally some other fallacy about guns in the US.
    Of course when you point out every adult in Switzerland is required to own and know how to use a gun and you never hear of gun crime there, they just come out with some other load of laughable and false drivel.

Makes me laugh and feel embarrassed for people whom clearly have zero experience with something but profess to know all about it thinking that the education they have got from the media isn't spin doctored sensationalism and is reported with accuracy, attention to detail and truth.

Yep, even in this day and age there are still suckers and the brain dead naieve that think what they heard from the media and lefty protest groups is actually the way things are.

Of course even if they do know better, they sure as shit arent going to let irrelevant things like truth and facts get in their way.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to george65 For This Useful Post:

enf (24-01-20),Jma (24-01-20),snacker (24-01-20)

Banned

Thanks

So Switzerland hasn't had a mass shooting you liar?

Just harder for the Swiss to get a gun and more training and i guess have fewer people on drugs than USA a much much smaller population, and less crime in General
    probably because they have a decent left social welfare scheme.

"Switzerland hasn’t had a mass shooting since 2001, when a man stormed the local parliament in Zug, killing 14 people and then himself."

So georgeio you are a liar, so you say you never see anything of shootings in Switzerland, wasn't hard to find on google, Australia isn't interested in Switzerland so never report it.
    Are you an ice user might explain your bad temper, I haven't even smoked one joint?
    Sit back and relax and watch your favourite channel Trumpite F.O.X. News which stands for Fake Opinionated Xaggerated News the mouth piece of the The Father Of Lies Murd-ock.
    For your further brainwashing with right wing ideology. If Ray-Gun trickle down economics really worked wages would be going up not stagnated. Trickle down economics is the heart
    of Liberal policy since the 80s still waiting for it work. Even banks who make record profits who can afford to create new jobs cut them back, as if they risk going broke pure fantasy government guaranteed.

From all you say it appears you have a very right wing fixation unable to accept new ideas. Their Right so your right everyone else is wrong. I feel very sorry for you.
    Last edited by pheggie; 24-01-20 at 07:25 PM.

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast