Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Fully vaccinated?....there are a huge number of people that are only half done...myself included..
    NSW Health confirm in those briefings and in their website that those people have only had 1 dose.

At this time there is no person in ICU in NSW who have at both doses of either vaccine.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peteramjet For This Useful Post:

enf (05-08-21),fromaron (05-08-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,529 Posts

And it begins ....

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    And it begins ....

"Fruit and vegetable processor SPC has become the first Australian company to mandate vaccines for all onsite staff and visitors."

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/100351492

It's a good thing that sort of craziness would never come to Australia

• The Following User Says Thank You to mandc For This Useful Post:

enf (05-08-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

SPC announced it as well. Anyone that goes on site must be vaccinated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-08-21),mandc (05-08-21),Uncle Fester (09-08-21),Xplorer (06-08-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Victoria to enter a snap seven-day lockdown from 8pm - Statewide lockdown.

WTF are you doing Dan Andrews ?? Power has definitely gone to this guys head. We don't need another lockdown FFS. ;(

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I hate these lockdowns as much as anyone else.

BUT...

I'd rather a snap 7 day lockdown in Victoria, regardless of which politician called it... compared to the disastrous situation in Sydney that could potentially stay in lockdown for months.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (05-08-21),Uncle Fester (05-08-21),Xplorer (06-08-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Facebook post by our local village idiot....

I don't feel safe.....a virus that since it's inception has waged relentless war on mankind......it has cunningly transgressed the entire world and every land mass.....it has fought campaigns on too many fronts to list.....it has made incursions in every town and city where people dwell, it has multiplied and spread so completely and thoughrily in every direction simultaneously.....it has uninterrupted lines of communication , as evidenced by its similar behaviours, regardless of terrain, conditions, season, altitude, air moisture content....it strikes in the unbearable heat of desert summer and the biting cold of snow winter.....completely unaffected by any parameters whatsoever.....an unimpeded attack of exact proportions and savagery to such an extent as to become the most successful lifeform in existence in less than two years.....all its soldiers follow the same exact tactics and in complete insulation of any other factors......it's rate of reproduction and exponential expansion are as breathtaking as they are unbelievable.....a new life form of unprecedented adaption and strategic behavioural abilities, an unstoppable predator who has for no apparent reason engaged in the most dedicated attack upon humanity the like of which has never been seen and could not have been dreamed or even imagined.....like a programmed robot it seeks out all human life wherever it may be....and is so clever as to rarely make its hosts sick so it can be transported by them to all localities, hardly ever so much as causing a symptom in its hundreds of millions of hosts, except if you're over 70 and in a nursing home......
    But we have the might and power of our chief medical officer saviours to rescue us ....and they are the bravest among us ....unelected yet willing to completely control the actions of our govts and leaders and do us untold enrelated harm in order to protect us....completely forgiving of our extreme ignorance and taking control of our very lives in order to save us from a horrible death.....and that they are all people united under one rainbow with their reigning lord the federal chief health officer.....compared to these enequalled experts we are but uncouth useless eaters who should be grateful they give us life and health because they care more about us than even ourselves.....
    Yes I am indeed afraid, very afraid

usages.kangaroos.sound

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    I hate these lockdowns as much as anyone else.
    We all hate lockdowns no matter how long they last.
    Those 7 days lockdowns would be Ok if they were not happening that often.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

Xplorer (06-08-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Greater Sydney in lockdown! What lockdown??
    The roads are still busy, people driving around everywhere.
    Interstate registered cars are plentiful (some look to be rentals, but plenty don't).
    People just don't get it to stay home.
    And those claiming "language barriers" and "don't understand" are just plain ignorant.

I really don't think Gladys is taking this seriously.

The only way they can get on top of this, if they do a Melbourne style full complete lockdown in greater Sydney region.
    It will hurt everyone, some more than most, but Gladys feather duster approach needs to be thrown out to get on top of this.

And as the Police are so over stretched, here are three hypotheticals:
    • 4-5 x Police walking the beat checking door to door on persons isolating, provides one group doing checks but takes 2-3 x Police cars off the road.
      Enter the Defence - have 1-2 x Police with 3-4 x Defence doing the same job, provides one group doing checks and keeps 1-2 cars on the road.

• 500 x Police walking the beat checking door to door on persons isolating, provides 100 x groups doing checks but takes 250-270 x Police cars off the road.
      Enter the Defence - have 100 x Police with 400 x Defence doing the same job, provides 100 groups doing checks and keeps 200-210 cars on the road.

• The same can be implemented putting up roads blocks everywhere checking on those that are driving around.
      Defence and Police from SA & NSW worked extremely well at their borders last year checking on those travelling from Victoria. Why not now in greater Sydney region?

Is that rocket science, am I off with the fairies, or does this show some common sense.

rant over
    Last edited by Xplorer; 06-08-21 at 08:20 PM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xplorer For This Useful Post:

mtv (07-08-21),Uncle Fester (07-08-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post

Is that rocket science, am I off with the fairies, or does this show some common sense.

rant over
    No, but I just don't think those police numbers exist. Crime goes on.

They could ask the feds for soldiers I suppose, but would untrained people cause more havoc than necessary?

This is now spreading in nearly every state, and shows that none of them have a clue about fast spreaders like Delta. I don't know that there IS a solution.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

wotnot (06-08-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

No, but I just don't think those police numbers exist. Crime goes on.

They could ask the feds for soldiers I suppose, but would untrained people cause more havoc than necessary?

This is now spreading in nearly every state, and shows that none of them have a clue about fast spreaders like Delta. I don't know that there IS a solution.

Talking with a couple of local coppers, they're saying (I think unsurprisingly) that crime is a little bit down overall, if only for the drop in B&E numbers ('coz there's so many people at home =)

Thinking about non-aussie readers of this forum, I wonder how many of them are aware that AU has nothing equivalent to the 'national guard' or national service etc etc (not even a dad's army 8), and it is typically personnel from the armed forces here that help out in crises and 'natural disasters'..... which for one reason or another covid19 doesn't get branded with. I makes me wonder, huh, what if a new strain of flu gets out into the wild, more virulent and lethal than covid, and it's creation/existence has nothing to do with scientists tinkering in labs, but rather being a 'natural occurrence' ...would that sort of outbreak be considered a natural disaster?

It is fair observation about lockdown compliance, and enforcement of measures (or lack thereof) -- I got to be 'designated gopher' this morning, doing a long round trip picking up parts for farm machinery, and I was playing a little game along the way....thinking about the $300 'bribe' to get ppl to have the jab, and looking at all the ppl around, unmasked, and thinking a $300 on-the-spot fine for every one of them...man alive, wouldn't take them long to recoup the bribe money. Laws and rules end up meaningless if there's no enforcement -- mask wearing must be dealing AI facial recognition systems a tough hand right now.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

enf (06-08-21),hinekadon (07-08-21)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 714 Posts

Before we get too hung up on blaming the state govt or the federal govt or China for our covid situation let’s review some facts :
    ITS not a joke ASK MTV

1. We had to bring in mandatory quarantining in hotels because we couldn’t trust people to stay home after returning from overseas.

2. We then had to bring in security because we couldn’t trust people to stay in those hotels.

3. We then had to bring in ADF because we couldn’t trust the security guards not to do their jobs in quarantine hotels.

4. We had to get police to door knock and check up on people because we couldnt trust those who were meant to be self-isolating to actually stay at home.

5. We also have to have police and ADF reinforce the metropolitan Melbzone and state borders because we can’t trust people to follow the restrictions.

6. We are now being asked to use masks because we cannot trust people to social distance when they are in public.

7. Through it all, our supermarkets have had to introduce shopping restrictions because we couldn’t trust people to not take more than what they needed.

So we can get as mad as we want at politicians or health officials for imposing restrictions or the country where the virus originated ..... but essentially it’s our own fault that we find ourselves here.

Too many people aren’t willing to think of others rather than just themselves. Selfishness and lack of empathy seems to be as much of a disease as covid itself.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hinekadon For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (09-08-21),mandc (07-08-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post

I really don't think Gladys is taking this seriously.
    Her special expert strategy to deal with all this and denying any road blocks, is her trust that Sydney siders will do the right thing
    When I heard her saying that on TV today I felt like smashing it but maybe it is just this blooming headache I get every time I see her lately.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-08-21)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Her special expert strategy to deal with all this and denying any road blocks, is her trust that Sydney siders will do the right thing
    When I heard her saying that on TV today I felt like smashing it but maybe it is just this blooming headache I get every time I see her lately.
    A bit like Andrews....and the Victorians who tried (and sometimes succeeded) in smuggling themselves across borders and quarantine lines.....

One for you Fester........sent by one of the kids..

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

hinekadon (07-08-21),Keith (08-08-21),Uncle Fester (07-08-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

One for you Fester........sent by one of the kids..

Can't see anything, got a link?
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Hmmmmmm.......dunno why......

Here

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (07-08-21)

Thanks

There is also an ad blocker in my VPN client, that I had to disable.

Ha ha, I liked that, thank your kids from me

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Vic lockdown is rather harsh. We have no cases in NE Vic (and country Vic). It should have been Melb only. I was surprised that Dan lifted the restrictions on Lockdown 5 but maybe he was hoping things would keep going in the right direction with cases trending down towards zero.

As for Syd, they are not in lockdown. The virus is out of control there now. They will be very lucky to get this under control and definitely won't if they don't tighten things up.

Living in Albury Wodonga I feel like the meat in the sandwich between what is going on in Syd and Melb. So many services are shared between the 2 cities. We are like one city with the Berlin River dividing us.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Meanwhile....up here in SE Qld, our snap 7day lockdown looks like it's ending on schedule this evening (caveat Cairns area), although the mask wearing mandate is going to be with us for some time to come yet.

I think my interest now, is what's going on in China ~ the fallout and ramifications of a big outbreak there, are going to be felt around the world for even longer. My buddy hasn't been able to return to his factory in Shenzhen, but the manager there tells him news reports of the CCP suddenly embarking on a military service recruitment drive are true. I fear this whole pandemic is going to force a lot of big players hands in the next year or so. Not sure if it's just a local thing, but petrol prices are sneaking up..91RON is $1.54/l local

• Page 111 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1161101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast