Thread: Coronavirus

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

Lucky we did our 'panic buying' weeks ago, my wife wants to go again because it is so much fun but our pantry and freezer are bursting full
    Bit of doomsday prepping 😂
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

this should all be on the comedy channel.

Got turned back from nsw - qld border this morning not having
    a valid clear covid certificate which i did not need till this morning.

now even better i have until Friday to have first jab or no crossing
    allowed .

but it gets better i can't have az because doc said no due to 2 blood clots in last 12 months
    and their is no fkn phizer on the northern rivers and no bookings being taken.
    Last edited by fandtm666; 16-08-21 at 01:38 PM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fandtm666 For This Useful Post:

enf (16-08-21),LeroyPatrol (16-08-21),mtv (16-08-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

and just like that they extended the lockdown in Melb.....

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

NSW-QLD border this morning. 4.5 hours to clear the checkpoint....one cop to check each car individually for 3 km of 2 lane gridlock before being allowed through...bloody hell

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    and just like that they extended the lockdown in Melb.....
    For another 2 weeks... with a curfew 9pm - 5am

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fandtm666 View Post
    .... i can't have az because doc said no due to 2 blood clots in last 12 months
    and their is no fkn phizer on the northern rivers and no bookings being taken.
    Similar situation with me.

Doc has put me in a high-risk category re blood clots and recommended Pfizer, but regardless of the fact the govt are screaming/pleading with people to get vaccinated (which I really want to do) AND there's Pfizer available in my area, I've been turned away from clinics, despite a doctors authorisation/recommendation letter for Pfizer.

They all say they have to stick with the govt directive of only AZ for over 60 at this time.

It's well known statistically there is a high percentage of over 60's who are holding off until Pfizer/Moderna will be made available to them. Primarily reluctance due to fear... mostly unfounded, but of genuine concern to those people.

Over 60's is the highest-risk category... they should be a priority... and given a choice of vaccine now to encourage and achieve a faster rate of the population being vaccinated.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

fred49au (17-08-21),Tiny (16-08-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,960 Times in 1,525 Posts

Got turned back from nsw - qld border this morning not having
    a valid clear covid certificate which i did not need till this morning.

Actually, ppl have needed a cert. as of 08:00pm Saturday evening to enter Qld from NSW

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Oh crap. 2 more weeks. My missus is finally going to get her way.. she's been nagging me to paint the windows.
    I've already re-built every car engine I have over 5 lockdowns to get out of painting the windows. Dammit!!. She wins.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

ammlione (16-08-21),LeroyPatrol (16-08-21),macca (16-08-21),shred (18-08-21)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Oh crap. 2 more weeks. My missus is finally going to get her way.. she's been nagging me to paint the windows.
    I've already re-built every car engine I have over 5 lockdowns to get out of painting the windows. Dammit!!. She wins.
    Feel like throwing some nuts down the intake of one of those engines? =)

• The Following User Says Thank You to wotnot For This Useful Post:

Johnno (16-08-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

hehe.. I used that trick on the 3rd engine.. (total of 4 v8's) She's switched onto those stalling tactics now.
    Thanks to Dan the Man, I will have to paint the windows.. LOL
    Last edited by Johnno; 16-08-21 at 03:43 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Johnno For This Useful Post:

wotnot (16-08-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wotnot View Post
    Actually, ppl have needed a cert. as of 08:00pm Saturday evening to enter Qld from NSW

that was for freight drivers and essential drivers only , then bought it in for everyone with out
    saying anything till todays news conference

Premium Member
    Thanks

that was for freight drivers and essential drivers only , then bought it in for everyone with out
    saying anything till todays news conference

That's Border Restrictions Direction No. 35 as issued at 8pm AEST 14 August 2021, I can't spot the delimitation you speak of.

Thanks

as of saturday

A border zone resident who has not in the preceding 14 days been in a COVID-19 hotspot outside of the border zone may only enter and remain in Queensland for the following essential purposes:

to obtain food or other essential goods or services for the personal needs of the household or other household purposes, which cannot reasonably be obtained within New South Wales; or

to obtain medical care or supplies or other health care services, including a scheduled COVID-19 vaccination, which cannot reasonably be obtained within New South Wales; or

to perform essential work that cannot be done from home, or to provide emergency volunteering;

for children of essential workers and an adult that may transport the child, to attend face to face schooling or to attend a childcare facility, or

to provide assistance, care or support to a family member or to fulfil other caring responsibilities; or

to fulfil an obligation relating to shared parenting or child contact; or

for children under 18 years who do not live in the same household as their biological parents or siblings or one of their parents or siblings, continuing existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children and siblings; or

in the event of an emergency situation.

Note: If a border zone resident has been in a COVID-19 hotspot outside of the border zone, they may only enter Queensland if permitted under Part 3.

Note: A border zone resident is subject to other public health directions while in Queensland.

To remove any doubt, a border zone resident mentioned in paragraph 7 must not enter Queensland for the following reasons:

to attend a wedding or funeral; or

to exercise or participate in organised sport; or

for recreational purposes, including but not limited to holidaying in Queensland, spectating at professional sporting events or attending cinemas, theme parks or other tourist experiences.

A border zone resident must only remain in Queensland for the time necessary to carry out one of the essential purposes listed in paragraph 7.

as of this morning new requirements which have yet not been updated on their site

From Friday, essential workers with an exemption to enter Queensland — such as healthcare or emergency workers — must have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine..

They also reclassified certain jobs

Essential workers do not include:

teachers
    anyone who can perform their work remotely, at home
    childcare workers
    hospitality workers
    sales representatives
    commercial construction workers on non-critical projects.

teachers is one previously classified and essential no longer is and half a dozen others.

I know sydney tradies had to but we are not in a hotspot and as such were not under the same
    umbrella but now qld has said we must even though nsw has not.
    Last edited by fandtm666; 16-08-21 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks

Policy on the run as far as I'm concerned.

When the Qld Premier whacks NSW on the border over COVID-19 measures, there's cheer in nearly every red-necked loungeroom.

And don't get me started on NSW itself, shoulda coulda didn't lockdown Sydney two months ago, the genie got outta that bottle eh Gladys! And fancy announcing the regional NSW lockdown via Twatter and FaceAche, don't those fools in Macquarie Street know that sane, sensible people don't use social media?

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

mandc (17-08-21),Uncle Fester (17-08-21),wotnot (17-08-21)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

I think Gladys may have some kind of personality disorder.
    For two months she stubbornly pursues a lockdown that has more loop holes than the Cayman Island's tax system
    and the next moment she goes all communist China on the entire state with only 2 hours notice.
    A proper dictator with form would have at least mentioned it timely at the daily 11:00 announcement schedule.

Not saying the CCP method is wrong, just 2 months too late and now it will be with us for... err... even after 70-80% have been vaccinated... did I hear that right or was that her PMS talking?!
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Bit of doomsday prepping 
    LOL, just in the mood.
    What else is there to do. Today for entertainment I coded a PIC micro inside a powerful flashlight where you can enter about 10 words in morse code.
    For example you key in "Bring me a beer" and it will keep transmitting that like a beacon.
    SOS is so yesterday
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 17-08-21 at 12:48 AM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

aa23 (18-08-21),enf (17-08-21),LeroyPatrol (17-08-21)

Thanks

But wait there's more, if you act now you'll also get the lambda absolutely free,

...>>>

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,062 Times in 9,090 Posts

Yeah, we've known about lambda for a while.....there's earlier posts in this thread about it.

The modern world is a small place compared to the past and these variants are going to be zinging around the globe for years.....if not forever.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I'm in Darwin at the moment. Went to Woollies at 0830 for an iced coffee, the place was almost deserted. I get home (It's literally a two minute walk away. Son rings up just after I get in the door and tells me about a case in Katherine. He asks if I could get some bottled water for his (very) pregnant wife. Sure thing. wander back across to Woolies and there are lines a mile long at every checkout! ten minutes ago you could swing a dead cat and not give it a headache, suddenly everybody has been there and decided to do their "weekly" shop......in ten minutes. Yep. a lot of toilet paper in the baskets. What did surprise me though was that the boozer (BWS) was still pretty empty!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    ... What did surprise me though was that the boozer (BWS) was still pretty empty!
    You had probably already cleaned them out...
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

enf (18-08-21)

• Page 113 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1363103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 ... LastLast